Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 11:44   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_u View Post
Hi adzegeek,

Congrats on a Great buy !! Look forward to some interior pics from you soon.......

can you please tell me if the 4Wd version has cruise control as an option ?

Regards.
Thanks Jimmy, Yes it has - but not tried it as yet. Fingers crossed it works.
Old 15th December 2009, 11:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Hey Azdegeek, thats a real nice piece of writing. Please don't stop an dlet us know how did the acquisition go.

And some pictures as well please
Milecruncher, thanks - please do let me know the next tbph meet in Hyd - will join in. Waz making do with Hyderabad Bicycling Club so far, now that I upgraded to motors, would love to join.
basic photos done, will post some from better camera around the lakes with a bit of mudslinging over the weekend. websense in the office, you know
Old 15th December 2009, 11:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Now this has to be one of the best that I've read on the forum

Heartiest Congratulations!! Have fun & put up some pics for us real quick!
Gee.....thanks Suman, I hope you ignore the digs at the safari , I meant no disrespect to people's choices - but they are their own.

Being a Gurgaon-ite by property rights - I hope to come back in about 6-8 months, and maybe join you guys for OTRs there. Cheers
Old 15th December 2009, 12:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the Ute, enjoy your ride and a challenging offroading(if you do).
Old 15th December 2009, 12:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Gee.....thanks Suman, I hope you ignore the digs at the safari , I meant no disrespect to people's choices - but they are their own.
Heh-heh, feel free, no problems at all. TEHO as we say
Quote:
Being a Gurgaon-ite by property rights - I hope to come back in about 6-8 months, and maybe join you guys for OTRs there. Cheers
Sure, look forward!
Old 15th December 2009, 12:21   #21
BHPian

lovely write up awaiting further reviews. i hope that the chrome is not standard on all 4wd scorpios.
Old 15th December 2009, 12:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Milecruncher, thanks - please do let me know the next tbph meet in Hyd - will join in. Waz making do with Hyderabad Bicycling Club so far, now that I upgraded to motors, would love to join.
basic photos done, will post some from better camera around the lakes with a bit of mudslinging over the weekend. websense in the office, you know
You can keep track of meet through this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...c09-meets.html

As most of the members are off to hilly locales, there are no meets this month. But we can meet up with Sunday to raid some terrain on your Ute and my Storm
Old 15th December 2009, 12:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Im sure it s bang for buck, except for the skirts its wearing nowadays. Looks more like Manisha Koirala trying to do movies again!!
But hey, hope you put the 4x4 through its paces and we get a solid review from you.
J
Jay Man for chrissake what have you been smoking?? - Manisha Koirala in skirts - no no I am not even going there.
But, on the other hand, middle aged pot bellied - ample & lumpy - fantasy................pause/gasp

Nah Nah ignore it.

Let me do some real offroading then will post how well it performs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Congratulations man. As you correctly pointed out, buying a 4WD SUV for 10 lakhs in India is definitely a compromise of some sorts. Since the only choices are Tata Safari and Scorpio 4WD. Both have their pros and cons and ultimately you have to buy what you feel is the lesser devil.
4x4 - My Man - thanks for all the tips and keeping the news ticker rolling on the rollout. Hope you are about to get one soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
lovely write up awaiting further reviews. i hope that the chrome is not standard on all 4wd scorpios.
No it is not - thank god for it. But for a small chrome piece in the center with M logo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Congrats for the Ute, enjoy your ride and a challenging offroading(if you do).
Would love to - need to hook up with some guys in Hyd like DKG. But will feel a bit out of place with the MMs and Gypsies around. will give it a shot though. Right now, intend to dust off the bbq kit and the camping gear, buy some wood and relax over the weekend in a quiet (and hope non-maoist/non-telenganite/non-rayalseemaite) area around Hyd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Congratulations...A noble straight from the heart narration

Enjoy your ride and drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Wow wow and wow,
what a narration. Loved reading it. Congrats on your buy and looking forward to one of most interesting and riveting reports on TBHP.
Congrats once again, and yes, don't stop penning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
congrats buddy awaiting your reviews pretty humorous narration.
Thanks Rahul/Offroadie/Devdath, you see I dusted off and read an Old salinger. Being someone who works with boring closures, functions, loops and debuggers - I dont know anything about motors/machines - so rather bore you guys with technical stuff that you already know - wanted to write what I felt.
Old 15th December 2009, 12:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

The one good thing about the chrome grille is that it provides a camouflage for the walrus tooth.
Old 15th December 2009, 13:13   #25
BHPian

one tooth was bad enough the whole denture is a bit too much and probably looks weird on the white..... or any color now that i am trying to picture it.
hey adz geek i am sure some blingy guy would love to have that grill maybe you should inform the dealer and see if someone wants to swap it, hell i am sure that one of the owners of the other 5 white scorpios would have loved it.
could you pm or email me the pdi check list as i will be booking one on my return to india (if all goes well). email address is rohandnaik@hotmail.com
thanks a ton.
Old 15th December 2009, 13:28   #26
BHPian

hi Geek,

Congrats on the 4WD , Welcome to the Club... nice narration, yes, same thing happened to me too, by the time i went there , they put the Chrome KIT in my 4WD too.. that dorks!!

Cheers
Raghu.
Old 15th December 2009, 13:31   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations, adzegeek, on getting your Hawk-on-fours! Interesting write-up as well. Wishing you lots of fun in the coming days.
Old 15th December 2009, 13:52   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

SS-Traveller/Adzegeek:

Quick question for you guys. Did you try to get the eight seater version with with the front facing third row with 4WD? I am just curious to know if is available in eight seater front facing version or only with the 7 seater with side facing third row option.

I wish they launch this thing in Silver color soon. I am not a big fan of white or black.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:05   #29
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

adzegeek - Congrats. Good Choice the only question in my mind is how cum a guy from abroad on returning back to India did not choose Auto in a vehicle that has the option, also considering that wife drives it as much if not more.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:08   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Did you try to get the eight seater version with with the front facing third row with 4WD? I am just curious to know if is available in eight seater front facing version or only with the 7 seater with side facing third row option.
The 8-seater version will have 2nd AND 3rd row front-facing bench seats - no side-facing jump seats at all. But since CMVR makes for higher taxes in case the vehicle is 8+ seater, there are no takers for this version. I'm sure the 8-seater version is available too, however, if you ask for it. It's a simple matter of removing the jump-seats and putting in a 3rd row front-facing bench.

Most Viewed