Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 13:06   #1
BHPian

Nearing one Month...Swift VDI

Hi Team

Its been one month now that my Swift VDI arrived - a "fat" Silky Silver VDI. This is my first car and believe me driving this beauty has been like a dream. The disappointment of not getting the delivery during festival all but vanished when I started to drive this one. Though the noise levels look slightly high, may be as I drive will all Window open for the time being.

I could not post my buying experience due to time constraints. Here are some high lights

I could manage to get a Teflon Coating, Remote Central Locking ( with some cost ) and other basic accessories like mud flaps , foot mat and perfume. Initially dealer was not ready to give anything except basic stuff.

The Car has run over 150 Km ( only weekend drives ) and is due for first service this weekend. Any suggestions for the changes in the first service , welcome.

Yet to accessorise it, kept it for a later day. Looking at Seat Covers, Music System and side beading at minimum.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:23   #2
BHPian

congratz for your new VDI vajo..!

enjoy your beauty for atleast 1000 kms before you give her for first service.
Old 15th December 2009, 14:26   #3
BHPian

congrats dude!!! Have a safe drive....
Old 15th December 2009, 14:44   #4
BHPian

Hi Shantyrocks

Thanks , the first service will be 1000 Km or 1 month whichever is earlier. I will see if I can take her on a long drive this weekend to cover as much as possible
Old 15th December 2009, 20:27   #5
BHPian

congrats on your buy. you will always love this car for the oomph it offes after 2000 rpm. and its criminal to have driven just 150 kms after a month of ownership. just fill that baby up and go to ooty to enjoy all that it has to offer. i dont know the name of the road but take that winding short cut up the ghats instead of the road via gudalur.
Old 17th December 2009, 22:52   #6
BHPian

thanks off roadie

I wish I could , but had only few Weeknds that i could take it out. Also heard the MASS is very particular about the Free Service schedule - like 1st Service ought to happen either 1000 KM or 1 Month, else they will only do the next free Service ..and has some Warranty implications... am not sure though. But do not want to miss the first service for not enough run-in reason .....
Old 18th December 2009, 00:54   #7
BHPian

Congrats Proud Swift owner.

Happy driving!!!
Old 19th December 2009, 23:32   #8
BHPian

Thanks Arman,

The Vehicle is scheduled for 1st Service tomorrow. Can any one share Do / Donts for First Service, what all mandatory checks, re-tunes need to be told to the Service station apart from the standard list that they have ?
Old 20th December 2009, 00:39   #9
BHPian

well actually the major thing is just the oil changes.
ask them to carry out brake bleeding
if you have any abnormal sound or vibration or if you feel that the car pulls in one direction when you leave the steering wheel ask them to look into it
basically the first service at one month is to rectify any niggles you may ave experienced in the car.
Old 20th December 2009, 08:08   #10
BHPian

Thanks off_roadie

Will Sure ask the Service guys to check these out. Yesterday took it out in Weekend rush traffic to Cunningham road, handling such a big car looked so easy on the road with traffic.. though at times felt worried while changing the lanes .. but all in all enjoyable drives..

Thanks
Old 27th December 2009, 13:10   #11
BHPian

Post the First Service, went for ICEing and Seat Covers to Reliance. Got only the Seat Covers done,as the ICE pricing was high as compared to outside. Experince of shopping in Reliance Auto Zone covered in

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post1652806

Seat Covers : Grey Coloured U-STYLE 3400/-
Stearing Cover : Grey Coloured 224/-
Old 29th December 2009, 09:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

I don't think MASS is particular about the 1k odo reading. I did my first free service on 1319kms reading. No body talked about the topic. They did the job with out any problem. It might be near or above 1k limit.
Old 5th January 2010, 19:04   #13
BHPian

Hi Navan

Yes agree, but in my case it was a different , one month or 1000 Kms whichever is earlier. Mine had not run for much, as I use it only on weekends. I had to give it at end of one month.

Oil was changed at first service, apart from some filters etc I believe apart from cleaning. Was charged some 760 Rs. Is that ok for first service

Most Viewed