Team-BHP - Champagne Mica Corolla Altis
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Champagne Mica Corolla Altis (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/71621-champagne-mica-corolla-altis.html)

Hello folks. I just bought a Corolla Altis last week, Champagne colour. I had referred to the relevant threads in thius forum before going ahead with Altis over Civic and Skoda. Thank you all for the advice.
In summary, i didnot like the skoda for the noise from the tdi engine and fear of poor service! Civic was great in most counts except for the GC and since i have to wade thorough terrible roads everyday (banergetta road, bangalore) I chose Altis.

The best experience was the delivery itself. I got the car less than 24 hrs after giving the chq and just 3 days since i met the dealer. Mr Shahsikant at Ravindu Toyota in Victoria road showroom did a great job.
It took me 6 months during my last purchase to get hold of the car. That ofcourse was Swfit in 2005 just after its launch with its crazy waiting period! So a welcome change

I have taken it out just twice till now but did about 250 kms. The overall reaction is good on all counts.
Only thing i feel could have been better are the gears. Not bad but not very smooth as well.
One rude shock was that I got a strong vibration from somewhere above the dashboard. Took it to service center very next day and was told a stone had struck in are between silencer and clutch! Whatever it is, he did something and it stopped.

Overal driving experience is great.

sudden123,congratulations on your no nonsense car,Altis.It would give you long term reliability and peace of mind for sure.Enjoy your ride.

Looks great. Congratulations. What about the freebies.
Hope you post a few more pics.

Sudden congrats on your sudden but superb pruchase.

The Altis should give you trouble free performance for years, it's best feature is supposed to be the fact that nothing ever goes wrong with it. It may bore you to the extent of wondering why you aren't making enough trips for servincing your vehicle.

@sudden123, congrats for your new buy, IMO the missing factors in Altis compare to Civic are sci-fi interior and my favourite "Organ type Accelerator". But looking to the GC problem Altis is the best option.

Thats a Nice choice, Just take care and avoid rash cycle walas and rickshawalas, who tend to plant a kiss on Altis, more than any other car I know, especially on ovrm. And yes be careful with the 6 in dash CD changer, do not load CD's till the "LOAD" icon appears.

Regards

Hello Sudden123,
Congrats on the Altis - may it always be "the one above" for you.
All the best and do keep updating this thread with your experience on living with her.
Cheers!

Congratulations Sudden123. why don't you get the Toyota badged touch-sensitive 2-din head unit from the Dealer. Makes the Interiors look a great deal better IMO. One BHPian has got that in his Altis. Costs 23000/- I guess

hey buddy, congratulations, a great buy for sure and my favorite and next car :) Post some more pics and reviews of the ownership.

Congratulations Sudden123. Nice and reliable car.clap:

:OT

which watch are you wearing in last pic?

checshy...! Congrats buddy! can you please write down the total cost?

Great car and sweet choice of color! Many congratulations and enjoy your ride :)

Lovely colour. Congrats mate. This is going to be a long innings, I bet!

Sudden, excellent car and will serve you forever. My cousin has a corolla in this colour and always looks royal. This color masks the dust better than any other color.

Congrats on your new car and enjoy the ride. Post a few more pictures.

Awesome buy bro. Congrats. I recently got a chance to get my hands on the Altis for a 600 km drive. Its really awesome. Enjoy and drive safe.