Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 17:48   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent report and Pictures. You must be a Fiat fan by now.
Old 17th December 2009, 20:08   #62

What an adventure, and a great report. This justifies my decision to get the Fiat.
Old 17th December 2009, 20:33   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Happy to see Tbhp among other media giants.
You'll see many more in the future. We do have a solid reason and that is..
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
Great to know that TBHP is right up there with the big TV channels. Since this is an open online forum, this will always remain the most neutral medium for automobile information.
Quote:
Some quick questions:
01. Did you find these cars underpowered?
02. Any information about new engines and upgrades?
Underpowered for us as car lovers? Yes. But surely not for normal customers.
1.4 Tjet petrol will be coming up soon. New 1.6 diesel is also on their card but they'll surely wait for sometime to launch that. No date or time for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
Fantastic pictures and review as well sir.If could have known you two are coming down to Ahmedabad, surely would have atleast met you for a min or so at your hotel or at Aspi motors.
Boss, it was almost a last minute decision for us. Didn't get time to contact anybody. Really sorry for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by REMU View Post
Its just the lucky few in this world enjoy this luck.
After 27 years of professional life if I don't enjoy that small privilege then there's something wrong with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
@ Rudara
which DSLR u had used?
Canon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Lets do this drive again when the Linea / Punto get more power
You said it pal.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th December 2009 at 21:39.
Old 17th December 2009, 21:12   #64
Senior - BHPian

Wow, I dont know how I missed this thread.

Great Report Rudra & obviously great pics
Old 17th December 2009, 21:23   #65
BANNED

Yah I am also looking for more power and ready to try though currunt power is enough for me but why not if more power is available.
Old 17th December 2009, 22:26   #66
BHPian

Wow!
Seems like Rudra and Jaggu had all the fun

Excellent photos and even better reports.

Sadly, even though such hard efforts are going in from Fiat, it is definitely not setting the sales charts on fire. Rudra,Any insight on that?

One query:
The MID was indicating that service was pending.Does this mean that the SE forgot to reset the indicator or was it really reflecting the real scenario?
In case of the latter, we must admit that these cars are definitely built like a tank. 20000kms and no service and still doing 180 easy! Thats sure some achievement!
Old 18th December 2009, 09:38   #67
BHPian

Great writeup and great pics. Thanks Rudra and Jaggu. The initiative by Fiat, how much impact is it going to make? I feel first they want the media guys to fairly report the vehicles (lot of us will agree how some media houses indulge in paid advertising) by having them drive the vehicles for copious distances.

The thing about most vehicles in the initiative running far beyond the servicing limit, does it reflect positively or negatively on vehicles present health, sturdiness, capability to handle uninspired ownership, longevity etc..
Old 18th December 2009, 10:18   #68
Team-BHP Support

Was lil tied up and couldnt reply early, glad that you guys like the report and pics. Rudz was going bezerk with all the shooting, good thing coz i managed to grab the keys most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrack View Post
Great write-up Rudra!
I found it to be well-balanced & concise (to the point). The pics, of course, are magnificent & very inspiring

Hope we catch-up on such drives in future too!

Cheers!
It was a pleasure to travel with you and the team and yes lets catch up sometime soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Roodles

A great report. Enjoyed reviewing the pics with our good friend Amrut the other night. Did'nt Jaggu try using the Blue and me function for his iphone ?
We both tried but the darn thing wont let us even enter the passcode, will pop for a second and then disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
@ Jaggu: Are you buying a 500?
I wish, but price makes it a wish list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
What do you have? 2G or 3G or 3GS?
We tried with Rudra's 2G and my 3G, all we got was a big NO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Lets do this drive again when the Linea / Punto get more power

*Gives 5 star thread rating*
Thank you and am game anyday he he

Quote:
Some quick questions:
01. Did you find these cars underpowered?
02. Any information about new engines and upgrades?
As Rudra said for our liking yes, coz we are used to more powerful cars but for a regular drive car, its more than ok. So should cater well to the broader market.

Wait for Auto expo and we should have more info, though time frames are not clear yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Sadly, even though such hard efforts are going in from Fiat, it is definitely not setting the sales charts on fire. Rudra,Any insight on that?
Sales are handled by Tata and now Fiat is working to improve that side along with Tata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
One query:
The MID was indicating that service was pending.Does this mean that the SE forgot to reset the indicator or was it really reflecting the real scenario?
In case of the latter, we must admit that these cars are definitely built like a tank. 20000kms and no service and still doing 180 easy! Thats sure some achievement!
Yup thats the same question i have, is it because they forgot to reset the MID? And what is this Eco drive thing that was showing up in 500? Does that mean its in some lean mode since service was looooooong overdue? Fiat owners having info on this, please reply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Great writeup and great pics. Thanks Rudra and Jaggu. The initiative by Fiat, how much impact is it going to make? I feel first they want the media guys to fairly report the vehicles (lot of us will agree how some media houses indulge in paid advertising) by having them drive the vehicles for copious distances.

The thing about most vehicles in the initiative running far beyond the servicing limit, does it reflect positively or negatively on vehicles present health, sturdiness, capability to handle uninspired ownership, longevity etc..
Definitively positive since all the cars never had any mechanical or build complaints we generally tend to associate with Fiat. These cars held up well inspite of regular abuse by the drivers for over 11,000 kms

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th January 2010 at 19:18.
Old 18th December 2009, 11:32   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yup thats the same question i have, is it because they forgot to reset the MID?

Definitively positive since all the cars never had any mechanical or build complaints we generally tend to associate with Fiat. These cars held up well inspite of regular abuse by the drivers for over 11,000 kms
Didn't you notice? These A.S.S mechanics have not got a chance to "REPAIR" these cars for quite a while. And ironically that exactly is the reason that these cars never gave complains after regular abuse.

About what ecodrive is

Fiat.co.uk | Eco Drive - Homepage
Old 18th December 2009, 12:19   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
About what ecodrive is

Fiat.co.uk | Eco Drive - Homepage
Seen this. There was a very fine vibration on accelerator (while braking ABS setup cars type). Wondering if that has to do anything with ecodrive. Jaggu, correct me if I'm wrong here.
Old 18th December 2009, 14:05   #71
BHPian

Thats a great report..!
Way better than the one in overdrive.
Amzing pics too..!
Old 18th December 2009, 15:25   #72
BHPian

This is a great report. Thanks Rudra and Jaggu.
Fiat is close to my heart. Its heartening to see the company taking efforts to revive its position in India. I am eagerly waiting for T-Jet and 1.6 MJDs.
Old 18th December 2009, 15:43   #73
BHPian

You have described it very well.

This is wonderful update.

Thanks
Old 18th December 2009, 15:54   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Seen this. There was a very fine vibration on accelerator (while braking ABS setup cars type). Wondering if that has to do anything with ecodrive. Jaggu, correct me if I'm wrong here.
Naah, thats just vibration from engine and tranny, the eco drive as far as i understand is a learning process which is incorporated in ECU. Nothing to do with active pedal feedback.
Old 18th December 2009, 17:54   #75
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu, having driven both the Punto and your swift, which one would you prefer for city and highway drivings ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks