Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 18:12   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Then? What did we do wrong? It didn't work with both the phones.
May you should be in blue dress. It says "Blue and Me". So, how you relate yourself with Blue.
Old 19th December 2009, 08:50   #77
BHPian

Only one word to say AWESOME!! You guys are really lucky i do envy you

As you have driven nearly all the cars Fiat has to offer us, which car did you feel has the best build quality?
Old 19th December 2009, 09:03   #78
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the wonderful write-up!

Lets hope Fiat proves a strong contender when I am looking for a hot hatch next!
Old 19th December 2009, 10:41   #79
BHPian

Stunning pictures Rudra. Your write-up was good too, bit lacked a bit with details. Wide angle lens effect? Because Linea and Punto look really long in photos!

Ma be you arrange a photography class exclusively for team-bhpians in Bangalore
Old 19th December 2009, 13:13   #80
BHPian

FIAT invented the modern Common Rail technology.

Alfa Romeo 156 was the first car to use a Common Rail engine in 1997.
Old 19th December 2009, 13:18   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome Pics and an awesome report! I always love Rudra Sir's pics. And today I am so crazy about photography and sure u r the reason! I hope they launch those more powerful engines soon so that the bhpians will have a wider grin on their faces when they take the wheels.

Edit: Rudra Sir, Did you have the hatch open when u took those pics? I am sorry -- coz some of the shots are so wide that I felt you might have had the boot open!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th December 2009 at 13:23.
Old 19th December 2009, 14:41   #82
BHPian

Right on

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Awesome report Jaggu and Rudra Sen.

So, Linea is a definite contender when I upgrade from my Palio, in the first quarter of 2010. I am such a fan of hatchbacks, and still whenever I see a Linea on road, I look at it in admiration. Why is Fiat not offering the beautiful blue that Punto has, on Linea?

You could call me a fanboy, but, I admit that Fiat cars have character.

And, about iphone and B&M, I could not manage to get mine working with my colleague's Punto's B&M.
+1 to that Deepak. Whatever anyone might say, or call me a fan boy for all I care but the character which FIAT has, I have rarely seen in any other cars.I have been with a friend in an ANHC on the expressway and you are not sure of the cars stability after 140kmph on the other hand I have been in a FIAT Linea on the expressway @ 160+ kmph and you feel they should calibrate the speedo to 240 instead of 220 . The straight line and turning stability even at those speeds is amazing. When the 1.6 T Jet is launched , Im sure it will cruise at 200 without easy without breaking a sweat.

Last edited by MihirC : 19th December 2009 at 14:44.
Old 19th December 2009, 15:41   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Jaggu, having driven both the Punto and your swift, which one would you prefer for city and highway drivings ?
oh oh Tough call, swift in city and punto on highway, how does it sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
As you have driven nearly all the cars Fiat has to offer us, which car did you feel has the best build quality?
Again in our experience with all 3 cars, all the cars were equally good. Though 500 has slightly better interior materials (finish aspect).

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
A
Edit: Rudra Sir, Did you have the hatch open when u took those pics? I am sorry -- coz some of the shots are so wide that I felt you might have had the boot open!
Yup sitting inside the boot with hatch open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
When the 1.6 T Jet is launched , Im sure it will cruise at 200 without easy without breaking a sweat.
Quite possible, lets wait for Fiat to launch it first!
Old 19th December 2009, 15:54   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Then how about a swift at your home to take you to the highway and then a punto waiting there to take you further??
Old 19th December 2009, 16:38   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I agree, for the cities, the swift is more compact to drive, the immediate front visibility is better, and of course more peppier. The Punto does score better on the ride and handling front on the highways.
Old 19th December 2009, 17:00   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Then how about a swift at your home to take you to the highway and then a punto waiting there to take you further??
Well that way the wish list doesnt have any number caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I agree, for the cities, the swift is more compact to drive, the immediate front visibility is better, and of course more peppier. The Punto does score better on the ride and handling front on the highways.
Visibility part i really dont think there is a big difference in front, especially with emotion pack the driver seat adjustment is really a boon, even for a short driver.

And few snaps from my side, please DONOT compare with Rudra's shots!

Rudz!
Multijet Drive-img_0768.jpg

500 @ a break
Multijet Drive-img_0774.jpg

Eager to start, along with Top Gear team
Multijet Drive-img_0788.jpg

Rudra with Narendra, and Fiat.
Multijet Drive-img_0789.jpg

Last but not the least, Rudra all over the place. Literally.
Multijet Drive-img_0809.jpg
Old 19th December 2009, 18:14   #87
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jaggu,
Must've been one heck of a trip!
Nice pictures, more nice to see Rudro in the pictures.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 19th December 2009, 18:56   #88
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pictures and awesome report, thanks
Old 19th December 2009, 22:03   #89
BHPian

At first I thought of just reading some portion of Multi Drive, but the way Rudra has narrated made me read completely. Great write up Rudra and thanks to Jaggu too for your time and effort in taking part in Multi Drive and sharing the experience with us. Yes, some cars have souls and I feel a FIAT car definitely has a soul. FIAT should have taken care of the combination of suspension settings for 500. Regarding the overdue of service of the cars, may be guys in FIAT was thinking of sending a message to people that even though the service is overdue, their cars are performing well. But when I read about the overdue of service, thought which came in my mind first was, why dont FIAT take care of test drive cars ? Next is about the load of spares. Any idea about any issues during the drive ? Regarding battery replacing of 500, a reset code is required for Blue and Me after replacing battery ? Even if it is required, sad to know that FIAT could not arrange for reset code even during such campaign. Photography was just amazing. I loved the motion blur you have achieved and the use of the right lens and filter.
Old 20th December 2009, 09:26   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsarath View Post
FIAT should have taken care of the combination of suspension settings for 500.
FIAT 500 is a CBU and this is how it comes from abroad. This suspension setting is perfectly all right for normal city and highway driving. Pedal to metal kind of drive is something to worry about. Frankly, this car is not meant for that. That said, this car behaved extremely well right through.
Quote:
Regarding the overdue of service of the cars, may be guys in FIAT was thinking of sending a message to people that even though the service is overdue, their cars are performing well.
That's a creative thinking but I doubt that was their thought.
Quote:
But when I read about the overdue of service, thought which came in my mind first was, why dont FIAT take care of test drive cars?
I have no reason to believe that FIAT was neglecting this area. Every time cars went for check up at all STOP POINTS.
Quote:
Next is about the load of spares. Any idea about any issues during the drive?
Nope. Zero issue.
Quote:
Regarding battery replacing of 500, a reset code is required for Blue and Me after replacing battery? Even if it is required, sad to know that FIAT could not arrange for reset code even during such campaign.
This is one area I'll agree with you.
Quote:
Photography was just amazing. I loved the motion blur you have achieved and the use of the right lens and filter.
Thanks. Lens (focal length) wasn't really right for those shoot. Slightly bigger focal length would have been right. Filter was to get some tone on the sky.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks