Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2009, 11:47   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullock-Car View Post
Congrats joecherian, for ur new car, the pictures r in front of DRDO sports club right, nice pictures. Be aware of the rats in closed garages, mine new ANHC got bitten, i did buy ANHC in Oct 09. A rat entered my ANHC cabin (nothing much damaged but a small plastic bitten in cabin). So it must be mice not rat!!
I got rat mesh(somewhere in air passage of AC) fixed at whitefield at 3.5 k(but it involves removing and refixing. I got it done for sheer peace of mind,without second thoughts.
Hoping we cross roads in DRDO
yes, the location is near DRDO sports club. For some reason, I just love that place.Tree lined lanes with no traffic. We usually go for a walk with my pug there.btb, where do you stay ? Somewhere in the vicinity ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
My ANHC came with Michelin tyres too. The sticker on the driver-side door frame reads 32 for the front tyres and 30 for the rear tyres. I am sure your car must have a similar sticker.
welll, haven't notices the stickers, may be I would have overlooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I feel we should use the stock seat until it gets worn out or till its start to look very dirty(beige color), then change to new seat cover(leather or fabric). The stock seat cover itself will cost around 4k, so no point in keeping it covered for ever, use it well then change it later.
That is a good school of thought. The problem is I have a pug who loves to be on rear seat and hence thought I can out some material which is scratch proof so that he doesn't do much harm to the seats
Old 30th December 2009, 11:26   #47
BHPian

Was just browsing through the ANHC brochure that I got some time back and one of the features that it had was dual horn. Any idea what exactly is it ? Can I switch the horns or is it that the same horn produces 2 tones at the same time ? Why is it classified as a safety feature for ANHC ?
Old 30th December 2009, 11:35   #48
BHPian

Dual horn
Well nothing much, It means you have one horn in front of the car under the front bumper in front of the radiator(visible if u look in front of the car),another tucked inside behind the front bumper,hence a dual Horn basically means its two horns honking hence louder no other use no dual tone etc.i had mine replaced with a louder Hella horn.

Last edited by abishek2222 : 30th December 2009 at 11:37.
Old 30th December 2009, 13:24   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Dual horni had mine replaced with a louder Hella horn.
Replacing the stock horn means did you replace both the horns as you had told about the dual horn or do you have a switch to jiggle between stock horn and a new horn ?
Old 30th December 2009, 18:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Was just browsing through the ANHC brochure that I got some time back and one of the features that it had was dual horn. Any idea what exactly is it ? Can I switch the horns or is it that the same horn produces 2 tones at the same time ? Why is it classified as a safety feature for ANHC ?
Dual horn just means there are two devices that produce the honking sound. Its a safety feature because if one of your horn stops working, the other one is still active and working. Its very rare that both should stop functioning at the same time. Its a very common feature and was available in our Santro Xing(2005) as well.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:17   #51
BHPian

Hey Cherian,

This is news to me.I have one and only one horn in my ANHC, though i get two different tones.

If i hold the horn for long time, the tone changes. Does this mean, its dual horn. I always felt there is a problem with the horn. No, wait..i am sure there is a problem with the horn. Its disgusting.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:32   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Replacing the stock horn means did you replace both the horns as you had told about the dual horn or do you have a switch to jiggle between stock horn and a new horn ?
i removed the stock horn in front of the radiator and fixed two hella horn's there instead forgot the exact name now.just disconnected the second horn behind the bumper.fixed another Setbel airhorn also for highway driving.i can switch between these two only.

Lastly more irritating is the constant whine of the sales executive who sold the Anhc sir, if you touch the electrical wiring the warranty is void.
Old 31st December 2009, 08:37   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Hey Cherian,

This is news to me.I have one and only one horn in my ANHC, though i get two different tones.

If i hold the horn for long time, the tone changes. Does this mean, its dual horn. I always felt there is a problem with the horn. No, wait..i am sure there is a problem with the horn. Its disgusting.
Hey, hold on, Even my car has the same issue or feature (I don't know). That is when I started thinking whether this is dual horn. If I keep pressing the horn, a second sound comes from somewhere and now both the horns sound at the same time. May be this is dual horn ?
Old 31st December 2009, 10:20   #54
Senior - BHPian

Joe - great to know you picked up ANHC. Welcome to the club and i am sure you will love the Honda experience!

Joe,Nandan,Star - we should really have an ANHC Bangalore meeting
Old 31st December 2009, 10:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Joe - great to know you picked up ANHC. Welcome to the club and i am sure you will love the Honda experience!
Joe,Nandan,Star - we should really have an ANHC Bangalore meeting
thanks buddy. and sure yes, I am game for the meet..
Old 31st December 2009, 14:17   #56
BHPian

hey cherian,

i did check my car man , it indeed has two horns. I would say, its my ignorance:-(

But my other finding of the horn having a problem is right. My dealer has confirmed me that the I-VTECs have an issue with the horns. They are replacing the horns of the car, when complained.

I think both of us should visit the A$$ to get it replaced.

@Skywalker,

when is this happening ? anytime anywhere is fine with a day's notice .
Old 31st December 2009, 14:37   #57
BHPian

Quote:
hey cherian,

But my other finding of the horn having a problem is right. My dealer has confirmed me that the I-VTECs have an issue with the horns. They are replacing the horns of the car, when complained..
What is the issue that yu are facing ? is it that the second horn starts sounding only if you keep the horn pressed for some time ? Or is it some other issue with the horn that makes it to be replaced ?
Old 31st December 2009, 15:19   #58
BHPian

I completly agree with Shamanth, I prefer to wear down the stock seat covers before its replaced.
Old 31st December 2009, 15:20   #59
BHPian

Cherian,

It goes out of tune. Like they say in Hindi, besura! and in Kannada Apaswara !

It makes me feel bad, since a 1 million ruppee car has such a lousy sounding horn :-(

@ skywalker,

do we send out invites to ANHC Bangalore meet ?

Last edited by nandans2005 : 31st December 2009 at 15:22.
Old 31st December 2009, 18:17   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ skywalker,

do we send out invites to ANHC Bangalore meet ?
thanks for the interest Nandan & Joe. Lets handle this via a PM. heading out for new years eve, lets shoot for this in Jan.

Happy new year everyone!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks