Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 18:04   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I drove for 30 kms with out any problem, after DTE showed 0 kms left. So this DTE fuel indicator is not perfect.
i have also driven about 15 KMs with DTE showing zero just last week.
i think there is still about 3-4 ltr fuel in the tank even after DTE shows zero.

this seems to be made to ensure that the vehicle does not get stalled on the road.
Old 5th April 2010, 18:31   #77
Senior - BHPian

It generally factors in a few extra litres to be safe and not show the actual figure, which in other words if you end up seeing zero, you are not going to be moving anywhere.

So, most indicators will always show the level till some specified cut of points, beyond which you are to go and fill. Like some bank accoutns operate. They take 5000 from you as reserve, but when you see your account it shows balance zero. So the 5000 is always fixed as the bare minimum in your account.
Old 17th November 2013, 22:22   #78
BHPian

Come December, and my car is out of the extended warranty. Hence thought should do the service earlier than the due date. Did that today, the 50000 km service though the car has crossed 52k.
Went to capital Honda. No major issues to report. But the SA asked me to do some work which they call engine lacqueing. I think I got the name right. What they do is to run the Honda diagnostic tool to look for any faults, clean some sensors . I was not convinced about this and told him not to do. Last week only, I had hooked up my obd scanner is to look for any error codes and there was none.

But my question for is ,should this have been done?. SA told they will do this for 50k and then 1 l km. Any pointers on need for this?.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks