Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 19:10   #1
BHPian

My new iVTEC 1.5 V - ANHC

Finally, after close to 7 years, I was again back to the car showrooms, on the hunt for my next car. Between these two visits ( first in 2003 and now in 2009), lots had changed

Then, I was in Trivandrum, working at Technopark, when the car craze caught me. It was the same time when Indigo was launched and hence it matched my first requirement , viz, I wanted a sedan

Second criteria was that it should be a diesel and that too went fine with Indigo. So the decision was made and come March 29, got the car from Kulathunkal motors.

That is history and the car too is not with me anymore. Sold it in the last week of Nov.

After the car was sold, I started using my wife's two wheeler for short runs and occasionally, we 3 ( me, wife and my daughter) too traveled on the same 2 wheeler. Each time we go in the Nova, my daughter used to tell, she don't want the bike as she will fall from it and hence needed a car.

Our intention was to get the new car some time in Feb , so that we could enjoy the life on a 2 wheeler.

But, as time went by, we realized how uncomfortable we were when trying to adjust our travel on the Nova and so goes the story that we decided to get a car asap.

Decision to buy the car was taken and off we were to the Honda dealerships as we had already made up our mind to go for a City.

Talked to all the 3 dealerships, first to Magnum as it was from there that I took the City Zx for my dad, then to Dakshin and finally to Whitefield Honda

All the dealers had same word, no discounts on 1.5 V and free insurance on 1.5 S

Magnum and Dakshin were too rigid to offer anything on 1.5 and hence they were off from my list. Next, I called up Whitefield and got hooked up with a sales agent by name Dev.
After initial talks, we went to the showroom, saw the S model and another s Model which they had pimped up to V features pus leather seats and sun visor and then selling at V price.

Dev tried to sell us the modified S or the normal S, with the offer of free insurance and no offer on V model.
Sad at heart that there is no discounts on V, we went for a test drive, just for the sake of it as we had done elaborate test drives around 3 months back and decision was already made.

Came back home after the TD and next day, got the call from Dev asking when he should come for the booking.

I just shot this to him that if he can give me free insurance on the V model, the booking cheque will be his, to which he asked me to come again to the showroom.

So next day, we again went to the showroom, with the cheque and told him the same thing that if you can give me insurance on V, I will make the booking then and there.

He disappeared for 5 minutes and returned with the booking order form.Without any resistance, he offered me the free insurance and I insisted on sun film which he told he will try his best and he did.

So booking was made on Thursday Dec 10 and that time Dev told that a fresh consignment of vehicles are in transit and the colour I wanted is in that lot. I also told him that I wanted Michelin tyres for my car.

Next step was arranging for finance and I had talked with HDFC who offered me initially 9.75 and then came down to 9% for 4 years. When I told the same to Whitefield finance team, they offered me 8.85% with no processing fees for 4 years (from Axis Bank), to which I agreed as the rate seemed to be one among the best in this period.

So loan documents were given and loan got approved on Saturday Dec 12

Meanwhile, I got a call from Dev that the vehicle has arrived and he has selected one car which came with Michelin for me.Went to the showroom and did an inspection of the vehicle prior to registration and then gave the go ahead for registration.

Balance payment for the car was made on saturday through online transfer, but the dealer got the amount only on Tuesday and hence registration was done on Tuesday Dec 15. I had told my preference that I wanted to take the delivery on 15 and so they had completed all formalities by around 3 PM (except the number plates, which I got on thrusday).

Got a call from Dev, at around 4 PM that my car is ready.

Went straight to my house, picked up wife and daughter and then on to Whitefield Honda showroom at KR Puram.

Met Dev and he ushered us on to the visitors area where he gave me the docs, manual, warranty books,insurance cover note, chocolate box for my daughter and one freshener for the car.

We presented a gift to Dev and distributed sweets to all at the showroom.

After this, started the demonstration of the car. I had the PDI checklist in hand and to my surprise, Dev covered each and every item on the checklist and hence was wondering whether some one had given him the checklist :-)

After the customary pooja, once again exchanged greetings with Dev and the sales Manager Ramdass, off we started our journey in our new iVTEC.

Went straight to Shell OMR, tanked her up and then went to Resurrection church OMR for the blessing of the car.

By the time we left the church , it was around 7 30 PM and hence called it a day and returned to our house at Kaggadasapura.

At the end, the total on road for my VTEC stood at 10,39,000 (25K discount by free insurance plus sun film and rubber mats as offers)

I know, no ownership experience is complete without the snaps and here is one which I took from the showroom. A detailed photo shoot is planned for this saturday and hence will be updating more snaps by this weekend.

Attached Thumbnails
My new iVTEC 1.5 V - ANHC-dsc01924-large.jpg  

Old 17th December 2009, 19:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

good description and glad that you have already opted for shell. enjoy great miles and trips . that is a maintenance free color i guess!
Old 17th December 2009, 20:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Joe: Congrats on your buy ! You have bought yourself a great car and in a great colour shade too. Polished metal is just fabulous. Drive safe and post more pics mate !
Old 17th December 2009, 20:36   #4
BHPian

You have made a very right decision for Honda I am waiting for more pics....
Old 17th December 2009, 20:37   #5
BHPian

Nicely written joecherian,riding a two wheeler alone is a pain & for 3 it is actually unsafe.

Anyways congratulation on you new city The color look awesome,you must be loving spending time in it

How does the jump from TATA to HONDA feel ? Waiting for more pic's.
Old 17th December 2009, 20:42   #6
BHPian

Class color. congratulations.
Old 17th December 2009, 20:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey Joe

I am very happy to stumble upon your ownership thread
Congratualtions on your new Honda City ivtec V varient

I think you got a good deal from Whitefield Honda.
Car looks great.

Keep your ownership expereince posted on regular basis
it will help you in long term as well as other pospective buyers.

All the best, wish you happy ownership over years
Drive safe, have fun.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 17th December 2009 at 20:48.
Old 17th December 2009, 21:06   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
enjoy great miles and trips . that is a maintenance free color i guess!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Joe: Congrats on your buy ! You have bought yourself a great car and in a great colour shade too. Polished metal is just fabulous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Class color. congratulations.
thanks kutlee,zen,hondafan .yes I liked this color after I got the similar one for my dad. For some reason, I have a feeling this color is cool and soothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaushik View Post
You have made a very right decision for Honda I am waiting for more pics....
photos coming this weekend. I have narrowed down on the location for the photo shoot and the actress is ready !!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
How does the jump from TATA to HONDA feel ? Waiting for more pic's.
the best thing i like about the jump is that, in my indigo, I had to drag the car (due to lack of power) and here, the car takes me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hey Joe
I am very happy to stumble upon your ownership thread
Congratualtions on your new Honda City ivtec V varient
Thanks star, I should say that your ownership thread was one of the closely followed threads for me. I enjoyed each and every point that you had mentioned and in a way, reinforced the decision to go for a Honda.
Old 17th December 2009, 21:26   #9
BHPian

Congrats, congrats on getting the best C segment car at the moment! Enjoy your Honda!
Old 17th December 2009, 21:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Thanks star, I should say that your ownership thread was one of the closely followed threads for me. I enjoyed each and every point that you had mentioned and in a way, reinforced the decision to go for a Honda.
I am happy that my ANHC ownership thread has been of use to you

The car ownership percentage in India is <2%, so this forum and the information here would help the remaining 98% of people to buy their cars whenever they are ready.

Hats off to Team BHP for providing the enthusiasts and owners like me to share our experience. This is a great way to give something back to the community at large.

Old 17th December 2009, 22:58   #11
BHPian

Congrats Joe

Hi Joe congrats.Enjoy the car.Please be careful over the speed breakers.Hows the transision from TATA to Honda.Hope my threads were also useful
Old 17th December 2009, 23:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

Nice ride you got there and wishing you a fruitful ownership!.. BTW, just a thought..add 2 lacs extra and you could have gotten a Civic S (bigger car and much better looking, more powerful 1.8 i-VTEC, best in class interiors, space, handling and ride, ACC, Music Player etc)
Old 18th December 2009, 00:53   #13
BHPian

Congrats on getting the AHNC. You have done a good choice and enjoy your ride.
Old 18th December 2009, 01:03   #14
BHPian

Many congratulations on your new car. Please keep posting about the car and your experiences. It would be great to know if you opted/ plan for getting some accessories(aka Reverse Parking Sensor, etc).
Old 18th December 2009, 01:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

Have had the chance to sit in my cousins ANHC for the past few weeks. Its a great car to drive around in.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed