Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2010, 00:07   #91
BHPian

Curious to see how this will work out because I do not know the math behind how this works. Just hope it does not take another few 1000 KMs for it to come back to 9.X
Old 24th November 2010, 00:14   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocreative View Post
Curious to see how this will work out because I do not know the math behind how this works. Just hope it does not take another few 1000 KMs for it to come back to 9.X
Preferably reset it after every fill up. That way when you go to fill up next you'll know the average the car returns. Mind you it's quite accurate. The instant one is weird but the average is pretty accurate.

The longer you don't reset it, the more stable it will stay. If you don't reset for 2000kms it will continue displaying average for last 2000kms which is not of much use.
Old 17th December 2010, 11:09   #93
BHPian

Re: Sparkling new Black Toyota Corolla Altis

Hello Vid, The reset did have a positive effect. I found the mileage to be around 10.5KMPL after a recent long trip I had. Not sure if its accurate because it keeps dropping quite quick.

I gave my car for its 1st year service a few days back, and also reported to them the following complaints -
1. Defective Stereo
2. Incorrect readings shown in Fuel vs KM Range MID.

Today I got an update with the response as follows -
1. Defective Stereo - Their protocol for such an issue is to make sure all the connections and couplers to the stereo system is tight and done well. So they did just that and said to see if the issue arises again. If thats the case, they have to send the system back to Toyota and wait for a replacement. So in the mean time I guess my car will be running like a hollow open mouth with no tooth in them.
2. Incorrect readings shown in Fuel vs KM Range MID - They said it could be a defective fuel guage and their wise take on that was to fill up the tank completely and report back if the error shows up! If it does, then they have to order the part and when it arrives it can be replaced within an hour or 2.

So in short, I will have to go back to them at most 2 more times when each of these shows an error and go through the whole process again.

It costs me Rs400 everytime I have to leave my car at the service station. Not to mention the wait time until some Rep has to attend to my issues without any interruptions. Toyota should really hire more Representatives or even expand the area a little bit. Its disappointing to see these 15-20 reps being overloaded with tons of tasks.

Anyways, lets see how it goes.
Old 17th December 2010, 12:01   #94

garbled letters on stereo is a common problem they know this and replace without much fuss
this particular dealership may not know speak with the company call center
you should get replacement without first giving up the original
also why dont you go to someother dealership who might have a stereo in stock
Old 17th December 2010, 12:09   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsi View Post
garbled letters on stereo is a common problem they know this and replace without much fuss
this particular dealership may not know speak with the company call center
you should get replacement without first giving up the original
also why dont you go to someother dealership who might have a stereo in stock

Wow, I did not know it was a common problem.
The only other nearest dealership is like 400KMs away! Not sure if thats an option.
They sad part is I do not feel that the servicemen there take effort on complaints. I am not sure why. Maybe its because its a warranty problem or maybe they are not paid? I seriously am not sure.
Anywhere else they would understand that we are the ones who spent 14L on a car, and we deserve and have the right to have perfect running parts in our Car.
Old 19th December 2010, 18:37   #96

strange since one of the reasons to stick to toyota is the service

do call up the call center make the dealership call you rather than you chasing them and the company customer care helps there

here in delhi the service people seemed familiar with the problem
Old 20th December 2010, 10:18   #97
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocreative View Post
The only other nearest dealership is like 400KMs away! Not sure if thats an option.
Jocreative, Toyota takes customer satisfaction very seriously. Fill out this form on the Toyota Website and have the company intervene. I hope your problem is resolved ASAP.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2011, 08:19   #98
BHPian

Sorry for the lack of updates. The last service "finally" fixed all the pending issues and now the car is fine.
I noticed a few days later slight fine scratches that just exposed paint on the rear right door. I have no clue how this happened or maybe it was left by the technicians when they sanded down the vehicle to apply the 3m coat and missed a few spots. I have to fix that in my next visit.

I don't think I will be having any more updates for this car now as I am moving to Dubai and will be selling my sweet ride. It was my first upper class vehicle and I did have a lot of good memories in it. It also felt good when all eyes are on you every time you pass a street because of it's unique looks. I am gonna miss that!

Thanks guys for all the support and advices. Drive safe!

Most Viewed