Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2010, 13:10   #76
BHPian

Re: My Prized Possession - Ritz Vdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
New tires long over due.. lack of vitamin M sir. I'll go for Michiline XM1+, but it'll punch a hole of almost Rs. 25000/- for 5 tires. May be after 25000 km, I'll go for new rubbers for my car.
Dont call me sir. I am just a 14 year old guy. Anyway thanks for the information, sir.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 9th January 2011 at 23:51. Reason: Fixed the quote tags.
Old 24th December 2010, 14:08   #77
Senior - BHPian

[quote=shk 8896;2185426]
Quote:
New tires long over due.. lack of vitamin M sir. I'll go for Michiline XM1+, but it'll punch a hole of almost Rs. 25000/- for 5 tires. May be after 25000 km, I'll go for new rubbers for my car.

Dont call me sir.Iam just a 14 year old guy.Anyway thanks for the information,sir.
I got 185/70/14 michelin XM1+ for 4050/- at "tyre plus" at VArthur 3 days ago.
Old 27th December 2010, 17:14   #78
BHPian

I know it is quite late but the log maintained by you for your car is very motivating and impressive. Good work buddy . I will also maintain just like yours in future as i am planning for a Ritz Vdi ABS .
We are still waiting for the fuel values for the digital bars.
Old 9th January 2011, 20:57   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb007 View Post
I know it is quite late but the log maintained by you for your car is very motivating and impressive. Good work buddy . I will also maintain just like yours in future as i am planning for a Ritz Vdi ABS .
We are still waiting for the fuel values for the digital bars.
can you please explain this (in bold)
Old 9th January 2011, 21:17   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
can you please explain this (in bold)
Actually we all were waiting for the gaddiwale to connect the scanguage to his ride and find out how many liters of fuel is left in the car when there is only 1 bar in the fuel guage . I hope this what he meant .

Cheers
Old 5th July 2011, 22:48   #81
BHPian

After a long time updating this thread. So far my Ritz has crossed 26000 km, getting excellent FE of 19-20 kmpl. The reason I'm writing here, yesterday evening when I tried to start the car put the key in ON position, suddenly found the Service Vehicle Soon (SVS) light went off but with in a second again came up. Start the car the SVS light went off again. Tried for few times the same thing happened. As I have Scan Gauge II fitted in my car, checked for any error code.. nothing found after sacnning. Same thing happened today morning too, went tp Powai Auto (MASS), they adviced to take the car to Vitesse workshop only. They are suspecting some issue with sensor. Can any body through some light here?
gaddiwale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 21:50   #82
BHPian

Hi Gaddiwale,

I'm going to buy the Ritz Vdi soon, Need your help.

I've been driving the alto for 25k km now.I've spolit the clutch it has become hard, but i'm good at driving though. Clutch is gone because 3 different drivers used this car in different driving styles

I drove the RitZ VDI test drive car last weekend for 20km approx.
The turbo was kicking in at 2200 +
Horrible turbo lag in the car.
Please explain how do you drive your car to get FE of 19 +always.

I'm planning to change to michelin xm1+ on day one, you suggest 165/80 R14 or 185/70 R14?(185 is good i know, but how much FE will i loose? and steering effort increases a lot in the city)

Cheers
Old 18th July 2011, 22:28   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After a long time updating this thread. So far my Ritz has crossed 26000 km, getting excellent FE of 19-20 kmpl.
26 k kms , wow ! good man. I guess you had plans to switch to alloys and better rubber @ 20 k kms, any update on that.
Also what how about the engine oil issue that you had faced earlier any update on that ? .

Quote:
They are suspecting some issue with sensor. Can any body through some light here?
I faced this issue twice after my 3rd service and the MASS guys suggested some issue with the sensor or the air filter.
They cleaned the air filter and the sensor contacts properly.
Old 20th July 2011, 21:11   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
Hi Gaddiwale,

I'm going to buy the Ritz Vdi soon, Need your help.

I've been driving the alto for 25k km now.I've spolit the clutch it has become hard, but i'm good at driving though. Clutch is gone because 3 different drivers used this car in different driving styles

I drove the RitZ VDI test drive car last weekend for 20km approx.
The turbo was kicking in at 2200 +
Horrible turbo lag in the car.
Please explain how do you drive your car to get FE of 19 +always.

I'm planning to change to michelin xm1+ on day one, you suggest 165/80 R14 or 185/70 R14?(185 is good i know, but how much FE will i loose? and steering effort increases a lot in the city)

Cheers
Hi Nash24,

Ritz Vdi is a fantastic car to drive. Earlier I used to drive a Zen when I switched to this diesel have changed some of my driving style -

1. Stopped signal to signal dragging
2. Better anticipation of breaking
3. Proper use of the gears
4. Keep the rpm level at around 2000 rpm for gear change in 2nd gear onwards
5. Clutch when ever required only

I've graduated from a petrol car but I never felt any turbo lag in this car, in any day I can take similar petrol car for a sprint!

Just put the Ritz vdi in first gear take the rpm to 1500 and then shift to 2nd quickly, press the gas take the rpm to around 2000 rpm and up shift and then onwards upshift at around 2000 rpm and see the response. Shift should be very quick so that car remain in the same rpm when you engage the clutch.

In my last Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai drive I got a FE of 21.83 kmpl.

Only two point of dislike -

1. No rear wiper, with slightest of rain it become difficult to see through the rear glass - may be a design issue.

2. Being a tall boy - little body roll in cornering and stability issue in cross wind (especially on Mumbai-Pune highway at high speed).

Go for this car if you like, it would not let you down.
gaddiwale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 21:18   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Nash24,

Ritz Vdi is a fantastic car to drive. Earlier I used to drive a Zen when I switched to this diesel have changed some of my driving style -

1. Stopped signal to signal dragging
2. Better anticipation of breaking
3. Proper use of the gears
4. Keep the rpm level at around 2000 rpm for gear change in 2nd gear onwards
5. Clutch when ever required only

I've graduated from a petrol car but I never felt any turbo lag in this car, in any day I can take similar petrol car for a sprint!

Just put the Ritz vdi in first gear take the rpm to 1500 and then shift to 2nd quickly, press the gas take the rpm to around 2000 rpm and up shift and then onwards upshift at around 2000 rpm and see the response. Shift should be very quick so that car remain in the same rpm when you engage the clutch.

In my last Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai drive I got a FE of 21.83 kmpl.

Only two point of dislike -

1. No rear wiper, with slightest of rain it become difficult to see through the rear glass - may be a design issue.

2. Being a tall boy - little body roll in cornering and stability issue in cross wind (especially on Mumbai-Pune highway at high speed).

Go for this car if you like, it would not let you down.
Great, so when you shift at 2000, do you shift after the turbo is activated or just before the turbo kick comes in, because once turbo is activated the car zooms to 2300 rpm in a second.
Old 20th July 2011, 21:23   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
26 k kms , wow ! good man. I guess you had plans to switch to alloys and better rubber @ 20 k kms, any update on that.
Also what how about the engine oil issue that you had faced earlier any update on that ? .

I faced this issue twice after my 3rd service and the MASS guys suggested some issue with the sensor or the air filter.
They cleaned the air filter and the sensor contacts properly.
Now the car has crossed 27500 mark. Yes, I was thinking of changing of shoes at 20k kms, but Vitamin M issue - going buy a house - so its not in priority list, may be end of this year. But no alloys for me in this car - I had alloys in my earlier Zen, I think after market alloys are bit heavier than steel rims (alloys should be lighter in weight IMO) and cost like a bomb thus, no alloy for me.

I think in DDiS engine its better to check and top up the engine oil at every 5000 km (if required). Yes, oil level is coming down gradually (expected in a diesel car) but checked up to 9000 km, you can find oil in the tip of the dip stick its not getting completely dry. But not got any satisfying answer from Maruti.

Issues regarding SVS light - took the car to MASS, they have checked with their OBD tool no error code (as I also could not find with ScanGauge II). Crank the engine few times and SVS light became normal, keep the key at ON position, with in two secs other lights going off and about after 4 secs SVS light is also going off - no further issue.
Old 20th July 2011, 21:41   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Great, so when you shift at 2000, do you shift after the turbo is activated or just before the turbo kick comes in, because once turbo is activated the car zooms to 2300 rpm in a second.
I've checked with the Scangauge II, turbo starts at around 2200 rpm and gives a sudden boost which increases the MAP (manifold activated pressure)from 14.7 to 21/22 psi, I've not checked the increase of rpm though, tomorrow I'll let you know.

In the normal city driving its difficult to take the car all the way to > 2000 every time. In fifth gear at 2000 rpm car moves at 80 kmph and at 2600 rpm in fifth gear it reaches 100 kmph. Thus, I upshift as quickly as possible at around 2000 rpm.
gaddiwale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 21:54   #88
BHPian

Perfect, Got you, so you shift before the turbo kick is felt.

How much do you stamp on the acc pedal to reach 2000 rpm in the city, do u prefer stamping slowly or do you stamp half pedal as soon as you step from 1st to 2nd
Old 20th July 2011, 22:08   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Perfect, Got you, so you shift before the turbo kick is felt.

How much do you stamp on the acc pedal to reach 2000 rpm in the city, do u prefer stamping slowly or do you stamp half pedal as soon as you step from 1st to 2nd
I tried once to floor the pedal quickly the engine lags, do it slowly and press till you reach 2000 rpm.
Old 8th September 2011, 19:50   #90
BHPian

Hi, I was just wondering what was the worst mileage you got from a tank (fill-up to fill-up method) or for a trip (Scangauge)?

I know you are in Navi Mumbai where the traffic is less, in Mumbai, I have frequently faced bumper to bumper for upto 2 hours at a time. Any data points on the Ritz's mileage in these conditions?

Also, have you ever felt the boot was not large enough? Particularly for long trips?

Thanks a lot for any info you can provide on the above queries.

Most Viewed