Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2012, 00:02   #196
BHPian

Re: Laura TSI 3rd Service -growing disenchantment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravich View Post
Leave the garage, by evening driver side door remote opening does not work...

I checked the VCDS diagnostics - it turns out they had not reset the old fault codes at all (Fuel gauge sender ). The door lock too seems to be reported now but the first instance after my last reset seems to be after the service. The problem used to occur earlier but resolved itself . Strangely the earlier problem started after the second service ! I am hoping the gremlins will go away ...
The driver side remote unlocking problem seems to have resolved itself
again. Keeping my fingers crossed.
The gear shift, pickup and idling seem better after the service ( not that they were bad earlier).
A gem , this TSI. Accelerates like a cheeta belying its bulk , when you find gaps in the highway traffic.

Last edited by Ravich : 26th December 2012 at 00:03.
Old 25th January 2013, 01:08   #197
buz
BHPian

Re: Laura TSI Initial ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Send it to Autobahn buddy, can guarantee you they will give much better service. Try it next time around, can tell you who to speak to over there. I'm talking about Autobahn Sewri, and it may be far for you but once in a year its worth it.
Akshay, would you rate AutoBahn service better than JMD's? Especially their Navi Mumbai workshop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravich View Post
Took the TSI for its third service (21135 kms) to JMD, with prior appointment .
Ravi: Which JMD workshop did you take the car to? The kind of issues you faced, I had faced at their Andheri workshop. Also, I recently noticed that their Andheri Showroom is now no longer a Skoda showroom, they changed it to Chevy. Not sure if they are serious about Skoda business as they were earlier.
Old 25th January 2013, 10:38   #198
BHPian

Ravi: Which JMD workshop did you take the car to? The kind of issues you faced, I had faced at their Andheri workshop. Also, I recently noticed that their Andheri Showroom is now no longer a Skoda showroom, they changed it to Chevy. Not sure if they are serious about Skoda business as they were earlier.[/quote]
Bhandup garage. Looking at the number of cars they handle there, it did not seem like it would make sense for them to abandon the Skoda business. But the numbers is what is probably causing the service level to go down (relative to their earlier levels).
Old 7th February 2013, 17:44   #199
buz
BHPian

Quote:
Send it to Autobahn buddy, can guarantee you they will give much better service. Try it next time around, can tell you who to speak to over there. I'm talking about Autobahn Sewri, and it may be far for you but once in a year its worth it.
Akshay, can you please message me the details of the person to contact at Autobahn Sewri? Car's due for a service soon and will be great if I can benefit from your experience there. Thanks.
Old 7th May 2013, 16:00   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Am due for a 30K service for my TSI.. can you PM me your contact's name/details? thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 20:02   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ravich,

Long time...how is the Laura doing?
Old 23rd March 2014, 10:13   #202
BHPian

Hey, its really been a long time. How are both the TSI and the 3 doing?

Most Viewed