Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2009, 11:24   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easynow View Post
Congratulations!!! How about some pics now??? IMO the Frontal view looks like a falcon in flight whilst the car is moving. Also that of those speckles on the rear.

Agree on the tyres bit. I think 16" with 225 to may be 205 Should take care of the steering feel at low speeds. Loved the Out accelerate anything in any gear bit.

Any tints yet?

Rgds-vishwa
Have attached a low res image of the speckles or spots . Look carefully and you will notice rows and rows or spots. Plan to upload other photos as well shortly
Attached Thumbnails
Laura TSI Initial ownership experience-dscn0792low-res.jpg  

Old 27th December 2009, 11:43   #32
BHPian

Laura TSI Initial Ownership experience -3 Photos

Here are some photos of the Magic Black Laura TSI . Early morning photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Laura TSI Initial ownership experience-skoda1.jpg  

Laura TSI Initial ownership experience-skoda2.jpg  

Laura TSI Initial ownership experience-skoda3.jpg  

Laura TSI Initial ownership experience-skoda4.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 28th December 2009 at 09:00. Reason: Blanking out no. plate and reuploading attachments
Old 27th December 2009, 12:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

^^Delicious!

I drove my brother's Superb TSI and I was surprised with the output of the engine. The car is really superb and I am sure in the Laura the engine seems to be a monster.

Enjoy!
Old 27th December 2009, 14:24   #34
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures. Could you post some interior pics too?
Why is the TSI only available in Ambiente trim? While the diesels come with Elegance and L&K trim too! And what are the main differences in features/equipment?
Old 27th December 2009, 14:31   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravich View Post
Have attached a low res image of the speckles or spots . Look carefully and you will notice rows and rows or spots. Plan to upload other photos as well shortly
I think this spot is normal. You can see these spots more clearly if you use a polarised sunglasses. Due to internal reflection inside glass since the glass is made of layers for shatterproofing, tint & toughening.
Old 27th December 2009, 14:34   #36

Quote:
And what are the main differences in features/equipment?
Here it is from the Skoda India website...

Equipment list - Laura
Old 27th December 2009, 14:40   #37
BHPian

Right Choice

Congratulations on your new buy Ravich. You are absolutely right in your choice. There is no car in India today that offers you this much fun for the price . Period . Bad press/ownership reviews non withstanding , Skodas have bulletproof reliability and build quality, not to mention superb driving dynamics, far better than the Japanese/Korean combine.
I say this with some authority being a fellow very satisfied Skoda owner, a 2003 Octavia 1.9 TDI. After all these years , I still tingle with anticipation whenever a long interstate journey materializes . Its bulletproof reliability , build and driving dynamics are best appriciated on these drives.
Regarding those specks on your rear windshield, no worries. Auto glasses, for safety reasons are toughened, also known as triplex safety glass. What this means is , your wind shield has three layers, coisisting of a inner/middle/outer layer. The middle layer is actually a plastic sandwitched in between the other two, heat toughened for a perfect bond, which causes those geometric 'specks' as you call them. When seen from certain angles, they are noticable. If you watch closely , I am sure they will be visible on your front windscreen too.
Anyway enough of '''gyan'' for this post .
Happy motoring , you WILL have the last laugh every time you let your right foot do the talking.
ketla2411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2009, 14:52   #38

Quote:
Here are some photos of the Magic Black Laura TSI . Early morning photos.
And going by the spots made by water around the car I can appreciate the fact that that you gave the lady a wipe for good measure before ye showcased the beauty. And boy does she look yummy. Those specks on the rear windscreen don't seem like a cause of worry IMO.

LOLz on the right foot doing the talking
Old 27th December 2009, 15:01   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Great looking car Ravi;and I love no.5

Enjoy your drive ; and keep scrubbing and washing the baby
Old 27th December 2009, 18:49   #40
BHPian

looks beautiful. but oh, those wheels look puny...do upgrade and fill those yawning wheel arch gaps!
Old 27th December 2009, 18:54   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
ampere, Thanks . Reason for Petrol over diesel 1. don't like the diesel engines clatter 2. TSI petrol engine was irresistible ( truly ). Cruze engine was good but body roll too much ( my personal experience )
Regards
Thanks. Good to note that! Even I was thinking of TSI soon. But I am waiting for the Yeti !

Is the TSI maintainence same as other regular petrol engine maintainence ?
Old 27th December 2009, 19:26   #42
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Rear fog lamps ( in mine the left bulb is not working -so much for my thorough predelivery check) .
Most cars (if not all) have only one rear fog lamp (usually right side). So there is nothing wrong with your car. With the older Laura you could switch on the left rear fog lamp through VCDS but that is not an option on this new Laura.
Old 27th December 2009, 19:27   #43
BHPian

Congratulations on accquiring a fantastic ride! I was all gung ho on getting the TSI but changed my opinion to the TDI. Why?? I'll tell you.

1.No great discounts on offer for the TSI, so the difference between the TSI and the TDI was just 60K after the 50% discount offered on the insurance by the chennai dealer.

2.My mileage of around 18K per month meant i also had to look at FE in city driving which is about 70% of my usage.

Looking at the FE of the TSI i am sure with that kind of raw power and pure joy one feels you will surely get 8kmpl in the city! Also the TDI commands a higher resale value than the TSI at least for the moment!

So guys am i correct in choosing the TDI over the TSI? Havent paid the advance yet. Will do it tommorow. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 27th December 2009, 19:42   #44

Odo Reading on Delivery

Say Ravi,

What was the Odo reading at the time of delivery?

Rgds,
-vishwa
Old 27th December 2009, 19:57   #45
BHPian

So sorry guys, my post should read as 18k kms per year! Sorry again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackyboy View Post
Congratulations on accquiring a fantastic ride! I was all gung ho on getting the TSI but changed my opinion to the TDI. Why?? I'll tell you.
==========
Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks