Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 13:05   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
So these would have been the stock alloys and tyres that come with the TDi Elegance?
Is the spare an alloy? Or is it a steel wheel?
All skoda cars come only with 4 alloys, the spare wheel is always steel..
Old 15th January 2010, 15:08   #92
JPZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
If this drastic price cut is offered all over India, then I guess TSI Elegance is on its way. Skoda is just making room for TSI Elegance to be positioned against Altis GL and Civic VMT while the current Ambiente will fight against lower trims of Altis and Civic.
Or is that the TSI is making room for Laura VRS with 2.0L 200BHP powerful engine that looks due to be launched in Feb 2010?
Old 15th January 2010, 15:31   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
Or is that the TSI is making room for Laura VRS with 2.0L 200BHP powerful engine that looks due to be launched in Feb 2010?
HAHA, The laura vrs will never launch here, skoda learnt its lesson with the octavia vrs, they wont make the same mistake again, we are lucky skoda is giving the laura tsi atleast
Old 15th January 2010, 23:49   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
If this drastic price cut is offered all over India, then I guess TSI Elegance is on its way. Skoda is just making room for TSI Elegance to be positioned against Altis GL and Civic VMT while the current Ambiente will fight against lower trims of Altis and Civic.

Can people from other parts of India confirm if such a price cut is offered at their locations ? Kolkata already confirmed that there is no such newspaper advt but there is no dealer-level confirmation.
Mumbai ( I suspect Maharashtra as well) dealers offered 11.99 in December . I think they still do.
Old 16th January 2010, 12:33   #95
BHPian

I spoke to Skoda dealers in Bangalore. They mentioned that there is no new MRP (which contradicts Skoda's advt claims). All they are doing is slashing the final OTR price by ~1L. They, however, didn't have a convincing answer on why they are doing so. Inventory build-up ? Defective lot ? New trim coming ? Model not selling ? They denied all these and said "competitive pricing".

So, even though Skoda claimed 11.99L as ex-showroom price (written in their advt), dealers are computing insurance and registration/road-tax on 13.02L (original MRP). Not a transparent practice by European standard.
Old 16th January 2010, 14:01   #96
BHPian

Just completed 1000 kms 1078 kms to be exact today.
The car continues to delight. Just returned from a 50 km drive with the stereo belting out Pink Floyd in moderate traffic and realized just how much I was enjoying the drive. The stereo quality (from an iTouch Aux connection)was excellent.

As one can guess. am now an unqualified admirer of the car for the sheer driving pleasure it has given me. I have driven most of the under 15 to 18 lacs cars and I cant recall anything that comes close to this for acceleration, engine refinement, precise steering, driving dynamics and even the stick shift. I must record have not driven the original Ikon 1.6 much nor the new Cedia. I liked the Baleno but the dynamics /steering were not in this class.
Barring the BMW 320 I doubt if I could have made a better choice for sheer driving pleasure for a price near this. yes I know its provacative. I haven't yet sat in the reat seat of the TSI , its that good!

So if you wouldnt mind a personal recommendation /opinion from some one who enjoys (actually loves ) driving, the TSI is a fantastic drivers car. Fellow TSI owners , let me know what you dont like about the car ( frankly I could not think of much - rear view , Goodyear tyres , )

Have attached a photo taken looking down into the engine bay space between the radiator and front grille from top. Is that the air temperature sensor? While cleaning saw this and was a little surprised the harness was not better.
Attached Thumbnails
Laura TSI Initial ownership experience-16012010030.jpg  

Laura TSI Initial ownership experience-16012010029.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 13th March 2010 at 16:58. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 17th January 2010, 18:01   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravich View Post
So if you wouldnt mind a personal recommendation /opinion from some one who enjoys (actually loves ) driving, the TSI is a fantastic drivers car. Fellow TSI owners , let me know what you dont like about the car ( frankly I could not think of much - rear view , Goodyear tyres , )
When some body asked me about spending so much on a car (that too on a Skoda), I had told that when I sit behind the steering wheel, I would like to feel some excitement and also feel special. That is definitely going to happen with TSI.
Trust me, Driving satisfaction is guranteed.
Old 18th January 2010, 01:01   #98
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravich View Post
Barring the BMW 320 I doubt if I could have made a better choice for sheer driving pleasure for a price near this.
The 320 is for almost double the price of a Laura TSI. So it's not really a price near the Laura TSI.
Old 18th January 2010, 21:07   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
The 320 is for almost double the price of a Laura TSI. So it's not really a price near the Laura TSI.
My inept choice of words. The BMW reference/comparison was for the driving pleasure. The relief that the car did not disappoint leads to some hyperbole.
Old 22nd January 2010, 02:04   #100
BHPian

Are you by any chance based in Thane?
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:21   #101
Senior - BHPian

nice review Ravich, i was searching for TSI reviews yesterday and i found this. Keep driving and updating. Please post service costs also.
Old 22nd January 2010, 23:28   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Are you by any chance based in Thane?
Yes I am , regards, Ravi
Old 28th January 2010, 17:53   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Ravi,

Can you help me with this:
I would like to confirm the month of manufacture before taking the delivery of my Laura Tsi.
What's your month of manu., engine no. and chassis no.?

Thanks!
Old 29th January 2010, 06:32   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Hello Ravi,

Can you help me with this:
I would like to confirm the month of manufacture before taking the delivery of my Laura Tsi.
What's your month of manu., engine no. and chassis no.?

Thanks!
My chassis number was TMBCKH1Z39A151831 - this VIN is August manufacture. See the VIN decode thread.
Old 29th January 2010, 08:50   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Many thanks Ravi.
I will post mine once I get it and confirm.

Here is the chassis no. and engine no. of my Skoda Laura 1.8Tsi:
Chassis No: TMBCKH1Z99A151610
Engine No: CDA049368

BTW, did you change your alloys?
If so, what did you do with the old ones (15" that come stock with the car)?

Last edited by Dippy : 13th March 2010 at 16:46. Reason: Back to back posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks