Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2009, 14:23   #16
BHPian

Congrats! Good to see another sx member on board!
Old 27th December 2009, 17:44   #17
BHPian

Thank you all for your wishes. Posting some of the interior pics (taken in total darkness in the basement). Please bear with the quality. Will post some day time pics later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Congratulations! SX4 is a very good car that covers most of the points better than others in the same segment.

2) About temperature, I think that :

a) Initially when the engine is in breaking period, due to microscopic irregularities, the engine will heat up slightly more. But in modern motors this is not very much pronounced as much as older generation motors. But nevertheless a little bit is present.

The very very small irregularities on surfaces of cylinder and piston create this friction. Wait till beading in process is over.

b) Even after 40K kms, our Baleno hood is very hot after a drive, so this is normal. You may feel that a lot of heat is coming out, but this could be perfectly normal. If the temperature gauge does not move into hot zone. Remember this is nothing. If the temperature guage is not above normal, then the feeling of heat coming out need not matter you. Its normal.

Dont worry, you new friend is perfectly normal.
I think you are right. Did check up with the showroom service people. They say its normal. As long as the temp gauge is in the middle nothing to worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
congrats on the new acquisition dude, nice write up too! the pics of your car are super as well, drive safe!!

just curious, how much did True Value offer for your santro?
I got 2.5 L (retained the jvc+pioneer combo music system) for a 25 K running 2006 model Santro XL model. (exchange bonus separate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi Sir,

Congratulations for your new car. The photos are all good. Your car tempts me to look for the same, if it comes with diesel. I am a diesel head coz I drive more.
Anticipated towards end of 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I have driven long stretches on a good friend and a fellow BHPian (neoranjit's - same colour, incidentally!) SX4, but never felt the engine heating up any more than normal.

Like someone said, it could be the running in. Take her to the first 5k on the clock gently, and change the engine oil and filter at first service. And at every 5k on the clock then on...
May be. Will come to know after first service. In the mean time noticed the front rims are getting very hot. Service people say thts normal and because of the disc brakes heat. Changed the tyres to Yoko A348. Hope the temp is not because of any tyre related issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
Hi DD,

thats one hell of a stunner you have there. its an amazing car, the best out of maruti stable date. rock solid, confidence inspiring, spacious, decent mileage, creature comforts, safety. its got everything!

congrats on the purchase!!

do post some interior pics and let us know about the deal you got from truevalue. thinking of disposing off my dad's Indigo XL.
Thanks buddy. Please check above on the resale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Congrats on your purchase. How's the low end torque of the car ?

Do post some more pics of the interiors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Congrats! Good to see another sx member on board!
Low end torque is definitely less than Santro what I feel. But you need to change the gears fast compared to Santro and hence unable to take it to high rpm in lower gear. I miss the Zoooooooom effect of the Santro.
Attached Thumbnails
SX4 ZXi VVT - Ownership Experience-dsc_0318.jpg  

SX4 ZXi VVT - Ownership Experience-dsc_0319.jpg  

SX4 ZXi VVT - Ownership Experience-dsc_0321.jpg  

SX4 ZXi VVT - Ownership Experience-dsc_0322.jpg  

SX4 ZXi VVT - Ownership Experience-dsc_0327.jpg  

SX4 ZXi VVT - Ownership Experience-dsc_0329.jpg  

SX4 ZXi VVT - Ownership Experience-dsc_0330.jpg  

SX4 ZXi VVT - Ownership Experience-dsc_0331.jpg  

SX4 ZXi VVT - Ownership Experience-dsc_0335.jpg  

Old 27th December 2009, 19:34   #18
BHPian

Fantastic Interiors dude, did you go with the leather option?

Congrats on your new car. Please do post any mods / accessories in the future too.
Old 27th December 2009, 21:23   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats DD! The interiors look fabulous! I love the colour of the seats. It will be hard to maintain, but boy! It looks fantastic!
Old 27th December 2009, 22:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

the car looks good, congrats on the buy.

Did you go for ZXI with leather seats, not sure if you have mentioned it, I seem to have missed it.
Old 27th December 2009, 23:38   #21
BHPian

DD, congrats on your new car bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
the car looks good, congrats on the buy.

Did you go for ZXI with leather seats, not sure if you have mentioned it, I seem to have missed it.
I am pretty certain that DD's car is a non-leather version. The SX4 ZXI Leather Version that i own comes stock with front/rear leather seats, leather inserts on all four doorpads (in place of fabric like in the standard ZXi) and machine stitched leather on the steering wheel.

Cheers
Old 28th December 2009, 10:01   #22
BHPian

Thanks Guys!

Mine is a non-leather version as rightly said by Prince. Actually this is not a pure leather seat and is called Luster Leather costing some 8500 odd. I got it from the dealer as freebie.

Now coming to the engine, yesterday I went to Oasis mall at inner ring road junction and the car was literally SLUGGING to climp up on the way to the MultiLevel parking lot. We were 6 people on board and it was without AC. Man...i feel my santro was WAYYYYYYYY better than SX4 in pulling or is it something wrong with my car ? Also on straight Bannerghata Road with AC i was unable to go beyond 80, again with 6 people on board. Does it take considerable time to come to that RPM, i.e. for a speed of 100+ ? Will the pulling improve after first service ? I am quite confused now.

SX4 gurus please post your experiences. Thinking of taking a trial of its pulling capability at Nandi Hill. But then as they say the arrow is already out.
Old 28th December 2009, 10:58   #23
BHPian

Congratulations dd and finish running in your car before yelagiri drive.
Old 28th December 2009, 11:21   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
Fantastic Interiors dude, did you go with the leather option?

Congrats on your new car. Please do post any mods / accessories in the future too.
Planning to put sun films. Guys could you suggest a better one ?
I am confused between LLUMAR and 3M. While 3M costs lesser than Llumar they claim to be better than llumar. 3M is charcoalish and Llumar is greenish tint.

Any idea if the plug-n-play relay with 100/90 bulbs are good ? The person (car shringar) is saying he could get it done in 1000/- with Philips bulbs.
Old 28th December 2009, 11:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Now coming to the engine, yesterday I went to Oasis mall at inner ring road junction and the car was literally SLUGGING to climp up on the way to the MultiLevel parking lot. We were 6 people on board and it was without AC.
Get clutch assembly checked. Did you feel judders while pulling car from stationary? Or did you feel clutch slip?
Old 28th December 2009, 12:23   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Get clutch assembly checked. Did you feel judders while pulling car from stationary? Or did you feel clutch slip?
I really did not feel any shake per se. Neither was there any clutch slip. It was simply unable to pull. It was not from stationary but may be from a speed of 10 Kmph as there was a curve before climbing up. Though finally it went up with frequent clutch press and with more revv.
Old 29th December 2009, 12:14   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guys!

Mine is a non-leather version as rightly said by Prince. Actually this is not a pure leather seat and is called Luster Leather costing some 8500 odd. I got it from the dealer as freebie.

Now coming to the engine, yesterday I went to Oasis mall at inner ring road junction and the car was literally SLUGGING to climp up on the way to the MultiLevel parking lot. We were 6 people on board and it was without AC. Man...i feel my santro was WAYYYYYYYY better than SX4 in pulling or is it something wrong with my car ? Also on straight Bannerghata Road with AC i was unable to go beyond 80, again with 6 people on board. Does it take considerable time to come to that RPM, i.e. for a speed of 100+ ? Will the pulling improve after first service ? I am quite confused now.

SX4 gurus please post your experiences. Thinking of taking a trial of its pulling capability at Nandi Hill. But then as they say the arrow is already out.
I have not had six people, but five, and have done both level and climbs (flyovers, of course), and so far have not found anything unusual. The VVT engine has not shown any sign of sluggishness (its two weeks old).
Old 29th December 2009, 12:20   #28
BHPian

congrats on your purchase @DigitalDragon.
On Saturday i took test drive of SX4 Automatic and non, and tata Safari.
My Brother is thinking of purchasing either of one.
After taking test drives of all we came to conclusion that SX4 Rocks.
Tata safari had huge noise problem, talking in cabin inside is real problem.
its good that you didn't opted for Automatic sx4, personally saying i did not liked it, there was no fun that we get in shifting gears.
Congrats again on your purchase
Old 29th December 2009, 12:39   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivprasad View Post
I have not had six people, but five, and have done both level and climbs (flyovers, of course), and so far have not found anything unusual. The VVT engine has not shown any sign of sluggishness (its two weeks old).
I too have not observed significant sluggishness on fly overs. This MLP was too steep. From here I am wondering how it would perform on hairpin bends in hill stations. Anybody with experience of hill stations on board fully packed SX4 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pragya View Post
congrats on your purchase @DigitalDragon.
On Saturday i took test drive of SX4 Automatic and non, and tata Safari.
My Brother is thinking of purchasing either of one.
After taking test drives of all we came to conclusion that SX4 Rocks.
Tata safari had huge noise problem, talking in cabin inside is real problem.
its good that you didn't opted for Automatic sx4, personally saying i did not liked it, there was no fun that we get in shifting gears.
Congrats again on your purchase
Thanks Pragya. You are right. Auto is not for driving enthusiasts. Coming to the comparison, Tata Safari and SX4 fall into different leagues. In case you are loking for SUV, then comparable SUV from Maruti is Grand Vitara. However, SX4, though is a car, gives the bigginess of an SUV. Let us know what you finally decided on.
Old 29th December 2009, 12:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:

[quote=DigitalDragon;1655437]I too have not observed significant sluggishness on fly overs. This MLP was too steep. From here I am wondering how it would perform on hairpin bends in hill stations. Anybody with experience of hill stations on board fully packed SX4 ?
quote]

DD, some details please if you can.
- Which gear and what speed/ RPM
- Slope angle (just a guess)
- Weight of the people :-)

My experience taking it up a gentle slope (say 15 degree) with 4 adults + 2 kids is OK, keep in 3rd and work your way to 2000+ rpm at which point get a good surge of power. During the TD, 2 adults + AC was easily able to take uphill harpin bends (say 30 degree) in 2nd gear, no sweat...

Quote:
Planning to put sun films. Guys could you suggest a better one ?
I am confused between LLUMAR and 3M. While 3M costs lesser than Llumar they claim to be better than llumar. 3M is charcoalish and Llumar is greenish tint.

Any idea if the plug-n-play relay with 100/90 bulbs are good ? The person (car shringar) is saying he could get it done in 1000/- with Philips bulbs.
No idea of Llumar, have always used 3M and would recommend them, can get a set of RE50 side + RE 70 back for around Rs 4,200/- for SX4. I'm not keen on front filming...

Re the headlights I know everyone says they are weak but did a late night drive on an unlit curvy road and didn't find any such problems... The road was very well lit up on high beam and even on low beam was able to pick up people waiting to cross the road without much trouble

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks