Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 20:17   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
@Zero Cool - You have a good driving habit. I am sure you will get better FE once the free services are over.
Thank you DD sir, but then im sure ill start revving my car more as I grow more confident with her, not to mention once the honeymoon period regarding the running in is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
They will come back with all those blah blah -

ARAi - 15.5 under standard test conditions....
standard marketing gimmicks. last I heard was that ritz gives an economy of 20kmpl!!!
Old 22nd April 2010, 17:20   #107
BHPian

SX4 Experience in Chikmagalur

OK guys..i missed to update on my experience to Chikmagalur with SX4. The MAN was able to handle the hairpin bends of the steep hills of Mulayangiri quite well. However, I had to resort to 1st gear in many occasions.

Road quality was not of much hindrance to the MAN. In fact at the highest point, one fellow (Linea Owner) was looking at the bottom of the car while i was reversing. Out of curiosity I asked him what he was looking at. He just smiled and said "nothing..its quite safe to reverse". God knows what he meant, but what i guess is that he was looking at the GC.

On the way back had a tough chase by a Mahindra Bollero and finally he had to give way..I was in the range of 90-130 km/h on the highways. AC was doing its job superbly with external temp touching 38 Deg.

It was quite comfortable for the rear seat passengers throught, including the hill drive, without any kind of throw away. As usual i was the victim as my position is not comfortable as i have mentioned earlier.

Spoke to Maruti on the seating and they have promised me to do something on seat (may be some mods). Waiting for the 2nd service to come.

Last edited by DigitalDragon : 22nd April 2010 at 17:21.
Old 25th October 2011, 15:44   #108

Re: SX4 ZXi VVT - Ownership Experience

My borther has a SX4 VVT and last year we did a 1300 kms round trip to our native place down south.

The car returned an 11.5 kmpl on the highway with a spirited driving where we were dragging against a Honda City reaching speeds of 160+.

And later we decided to cruise the car in speeds 100-120 kmph and we were lucky enogh to get a mileage closer to 15.5 kmpl

In the last trip that we did, we drove in speeds cruising at 130 and few times dragged with fellow travellers to reach 160 kmph, and we got a mileage of 13.5 kmpl

The car usually gives ~11.5 kmpl inside the city on an average though.

May be my brother was lucky to get this kind of mileage in his car

But I am sure this car is capable of giving such impressive figures with appropriate driving style.

In November, we are taking the car for yet another spin from Chennai - Bangalore - Chennai and shall post the figures that we will be getting.
Old 28th October 2011, 11:46   #109

Yesterday, we returned from Pondicherry and the SX4 gave an impressive figure of 15.4 kmpl.

We had topped up at Pondicherry and on the way visited Mabalipuram. We were also roaming around Pondicherry city for finding a place to have lunch. On reaching Chennai, had to cross ECR, OMR and Tambaram in usual city traffic. There were also few instances where the car reached speeds of 140 kmph.

Inspite of all these driving, the car was topped up at Annanagar (Mogapair) for 11.4 litres of fuel and the distance covered was 176 kms.
Old 26th January 2012, 15:09   #110
BHPian

I really don't know whats the hue and cry over FE figures - mine is delivering 14+ since last 2 refills ... RPM was always below 2.5k mark ...

2 major drawbacks of this car in comparison to Swift ZXi -

1. Slightly harder steering - I was thinking that it's just me - but seen a lot of guys complaining about this.

2. No visual display of Automatic Climate Control - this feature is present in Swift ZXi - and I definitely miss this !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks