Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2009, 14:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new Ritz. The Ritz has a fantastic petrol engine which is more peppier than the Swift too. I like the comparo you have done with the i10 which already own. Nice colour too.

Do update this thread with your observations after your highway drive especially the FE.

Drive safe
Old 28th December 2009, 20:15   #17
BHPian

The funniest part is, even though the reverse does not slot right (at times goes into 4th gear) my reverse parking sensor starts to function. Isnt that supposed to operate only when I slot it right ?
Old 28th December 2009, 20:52   #18
BHPian

Hey qfpbfa, Congrats on your new Ritz... Its a superb colour.

I am also waiting for my Ritz VXI - Blue Blaze delivered in couple of days time...
Old 28th December 2009, 23:23   #19

I have been taking my family out for short trips around town and asked their opinion on the ride (mainly in comparison with the i10) and they said that Passenger seat footwell is more cavernous in the Ritz. Rear seat comfort however is wee bit more better in the i10 but the high seating in Ritz about makes up for this by giving that extra under thigh support. Of course, both are tall boys but the Ritz feels airier around the head due to the additional height. Front seat support and comfort is excellent in the Ritz and IMO it scores over the i10 in that aspect. Refinement is better in the Ritz too as is well known.

And thanks for all for the wishes coming in. Actually, I have a long story about how I finally chose the Ritz over the i20, Fiat GP and Indica Vista.
Firstly diesel was out of consideration as my usage will not be as much to assure an early break even. My considerations were reliability, safety, comfort, fuel efficiency and performance exactly in that order of preference. I knew that the Fiat GP fit the bill perfectly. But feature by feature it was pricey compared to the Ritz and the Vista. To cut the long story short it was Maruti's awesome KB12 and especially the M.A.S.S. that tipped the scales in favour of the Ritz. Just shows how much Fiat can lose out due its Tata provided Service alone. i20 came close but I did not want a second 1.2 kappa in the household (other variants overshooting my budget). Somehow I could swallow the awkward rear styling of the Ritz and go for it. But now the BBB has won hearts at home with its bell shaped posterior, boomeranging tail lights and a rambunctious-brat-spanked-in-the-butt kind of rear growing upon us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
The funniest part is, even though the reverse does not slot right (at times goes into 4th gear) my reverse parking sensor starts to function. Isnt that supposed to operate only when I slot it right ?
Not sure about that as I have not yet accessorized BBB yet, still I have been able to slot the reverse gear home every time correctly. It is kinda stiff but you just have to yank the lever to the right at neutral and bring it back. As Thamban pointed out I guess it is bound to get easier with use.
Old 29th December 2009, 00:06   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Congratulations on your new Ritz. The Ritz has a fantastic petrol engine which is more peppier than the Swift too. I like the comparo you have done with the i10 which already own. Nice colour too.
In fact all my points have indeed been observed in the comparos by other senior bhpians. Still, coming from a moderator, that is special. Thanks a lot! And the colour really caught our fancy as I liked blue and my wife liked green and our BBB is bluegreen! And my dad had (and still has) a 2000 dark green Santro - the first car I ever drove - so I did not want to get another dark green car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaidy View Post
Hey qfpbfa, Congrats on your new Ritz... Its a superb colour.
I am also waiting for my Ritz VXI - Blue Blaze delivered in couple of days time...
Well, welcome to the club and hearty congrats!
Old 29th December 2009, 00:42   #21
BHPian

Hi qfpbfa, Congratulations on your new Ritz Zxi!
Old 29th December 2009, 09:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new acquisition. Ritz petrol is a very nice car with a superb engine.
Only the rear quarter of the car I do not like in the car.
Old 30th December 2009, 15:32   #23

Thanks to Paradox and Latheesh for the wishes.
IMO the Ritz feels bigger and heavier while driving than it appears from the outside from a few angles. I am really loving the high seating, pumped up to the max. No I am actually not that short, just of average height, but still love that the high seat advantage which is aided by the tall roofing. Also IMO tilting the steering wheel to the lowest point at the same time as raising seat to max height gives good comfort and ergonomics. No, the wheel does not touch the thighs even at that position. But in the i10, even without its seat adjust, tilting the wheel hits the thigh of the skinny driver (yours truly)! The quarter glass just behind the A pillar is supposed to increase visibility but I found myself peering around the A pillar to make sure that the road is clear while crossing it. Anyone experiencing the same?
The flare above the rear wheels, though cute to my eyes, rides high on the consciousness while taking tight turns and I have been checking all around the BBB after every ride. Touch wood, so far no nicks and scratches in super tight Mumbai traffic. Keeping fingers crossed that it will stay so.
Planning to go for window sun film, steering wheel covers, art leather seat covers and parking sensors when I give the BBB for her first service.
So far I have not done tight reverse parking. But soon might need sensors.
Also the tyres at (recommended) 29psi air pressure appear a tad under-inflated and I could actually poke and depress the rubber on the tyre walls with my fingers! Is that normal? That was not possible with the 33 psi tyres of my i10.
Old 31st December 2009, 12:23   #24
BHPian

Congrats qfpbfa,

Can we the pics of your ride.
if possible both i10 and BBB side by side with the comparison so that it will help people to decide between the two.
Old 10th January 2010, 22:34   #25

Ritz highwayed!

Wow, so the Ritz is BS motoring car of the year! Thought that the Nano would sweep all possible awards! Coming to the point, I finally took the BBB to highway proper. It was Alibag. The BBB traversed more than 350 KM through Mumbai's unpredictable roads, smooth highways, climbing ghat roads and rumbling coastal roads. The car felt planted and she braked well and steered well too. The rear seats are comfortable and spacious enough for three adults (small statured) and two small kids in this European sized car. I am still in the process of running in the car, so could not rev her freely still I could feel the loss of power and hence speed while climbing the ghats. That is only to be expected from a petrol engine car with a torque as much as it delivers. I'd rarely teased the needle of the tacho past 2500 rpm and that was it. I had only one nagging doubt: I have a sensitive nose and I thought I could catch the sickly sweet odour of burning plastic within the cabin with AC on. That occured a half a dozen fleeting moments only when the tacho was showing speeds greater than 2000 rpm. Only I could sense it, no one else did so in the car. As I said, my sniffers are sensitive but having said that, they have rarely failed me too. I opened the windows to sniff the air outside which was clean. Then I closed the windows again and when the odour returned after a while (higher rpms), I turned the AC vent to my nose and the fleeting odour was gone! Of course I had reduced the engine speed by then. What could be the reason? Higher RPMs? questionable cabin plastics? When I finally reached, parked the car and sniffed under the hood, there was nothing afoot. Is this to be expected in a new car or is it just a ghost my nostrils have cooked up for me? And this odour episode occurred only during the return journey and not during the onward journey.
And early in the morning yesterday in the highways there was the bit of fog and the fog lamps came in handy. But by that time dawn had broken, so not much trouble seeing. The BBB gobbled up the miles with aplomb and was a breeze to drive in the h'ways. There were no rattles in the car except due to those thanks to the coins in the dash mounted coin holder. I instantly had them removed and there was nothing rattling thereon.
Sorry, I have been lazy and couldn't yet come up with the detailed photo-comparo of the i10 and the Ritz. However, here are a few.
Attached Thumbnails
Santa gave a X'mas gift: A Blue Blaze Ritz Zxi!!-ritz-i10.jpg  

Santa gave a X'mas gift: A Blue Blaze Ritz Zxi!!-ritz-i10-night.jpg  

Santa gave a X'mas gift: A Blue Blaze Ritz Zxi!!-ritz-2.jpg  

Santa gave a X'mas gift: A Blue Blaze Ritz Zxi!!-ritz1.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks