Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2009, 18:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase!

Has the first service been done? Has the oil been changed?

I like the idea of changing the alloys to wired ones (with a machines look, I hope!). But like Nikhil said sourcing and all might be difficult.

The car begs for better rubber. Get it some nice shoes. The Primacy LCs are a lot better with grip and sound.

Waiting to get a look at the spoiler etc.

Get the upgrades done and a photo-shoot will be mandatory.

All the best!

Cheers!
Old 27th December 2009, 18:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

@ Khan: You got an awesome car at even more awesome price. And since this is for short term, I'm sure she'll keep you well entertained. Enjoy!!!
Old 27th December 2009, 23:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Feel happy for you.

Nice car you have there.

Hope Red grows on you.

Since you keep talking about resale, don't you think the stock alloys will fetch the best resale.

I've seen that great discounts are to be had on new cars being sold within months. The owners find it a mis-fit to their requirements and want to wash their hands off soon. The best thing about your purchase was to check it with the FIAT guys before parting with the cash
Old 28th December 2009, 00:23   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
That's one heck of a cool bargain Khan. With Zigwheels adjudging Punto as the premium hatchback of 2009, she has got a little lore going for her. Agree with your views on ICE. Change of front speakers assisted with an amp should do the trick.
Any suggestions on a good pair of speakers? I'm not too familiar with the ICE scene in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Khan, congrats! It looks gorgeous.

However, I would advise you to retain the stock rims. Mainly because getting good quality alloys in 98 PCD is nearly impossible. Whatever is available is made in China which I would avoid.

Of course, do get some better rubber! Get the Conti CPC2s. Michelins dont have anything remotely sporty in that size and given your requirements, Conti or Yoko might be better.
Oh, is that the case? I was going to head down to a couple of shops to ask about branded alloys in 98PCD. Thanks for the suggestion about the tire alternatives. However, I tried a set of Contis in the US and they sucked big time, so I might just try Yokos since they'll probably be a good deal cheaper than Michelins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
This car on road is around 6 lakh and you saved cool 1.4 lakh, must say best deal you have got. Congratulation and enjoy your beauty.
What is the FE as of now ?
Just about 13.5 in the city, haven't had a chance to take her out on a quick highway run yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Has the first service been done? Has the oil been changed?

The car begs for better rubber. Get it some nice shoes. The Primacy LCs are a lot better with grip and sound.

Waiting to get a look at the spoiler etc.

Get the upgrades done and a photo-shoot will be mandatory.

All the best!

Cheers!
Yep, the first service was done at 3K kms. I think the next one's at 15K kms if I'm not mistaken. I'm going to have to read through more threads on Punto owners experiences with different kinds of tires. I don't mind giving up a bit of all weather traction for extra road grip.

I'm currently in the process of gathering all accessories and will post some snaps in a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Since you keep talking about resale, don't you think the stock alloys will fetch the best resale.

I've seen that great discounts are to be had on new cars being sold within months. The owners find it a mis-fit to their requirements and want to wash their hands off soon. The best thing about your purchase was to check it with the FIAT guys before parting with the cash
Well, I wasn't going to sell the stock alloys since there's barely any market demand for that. I'm still in two minds about the alloys and tires since everyone has posted varied tips and suggestions.

That's the best part for used car lovers. The pre-owned car market in India (especially Delhi NCR) is booming and there are tons of bargains to be had for the keen hunter. I'm glad I didn't buy the first decent used car that came along. My dad was the one who suggested that we take it down to the service center since he's quite familiar with the eccentric ways of cars manufactured by Fiat SpA, having owned a couple of Alfas and Masers during his time in Europe.

Anyways, now that I have my own ride in Delhi, I've given back the borrowed Santro to my relative and am going to start piling up the miles (or rather, kilometers) in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out for detailed milestone reports.

Last edited by khan75 : 28th December 2009 at 00:27.
Old 28th December 2009, 10:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

cheers

very nice deal khan75.

Could you please post a neat pic of GP with Maserati
Old 28th December 2009, 14:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Any suggestions on a good pair of speakers? I'm not too familiar with the ICE scene in India.

Yep, the first service was done at 3K kms. I think the next one's at 15K kms if I'm not mistaken. I'm going to have to read through more threads on Punto owners experiences with different kinds of tires. I don't mind giving up a bit of all weather traction for extra road grip.
Try the ICE threads.

Get the oil changed, it will make a discernible difference to the engine smoothness.

Cheers!
Old 28th December 2009, 17:14   #22
BHPian

i want your alloys whenever you are upgrading to aftemarket wheels.

vignesh
Old 28th December 2009, 17:24   #23
BHPian

...catchy thread name...it sure is a deal and what better than a GP...congrats
Old 28th December 2009, 22:55   #24
BHPian

It took me an entire day but I'm happy to say that the key scratch on the left hand door is almost invisible and the car looks spick and span inside and out right now. Cleaning the engine bay was a PITA but someone's got to do the job. I'll post some snaps in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
...catchy thread name...it sure is a deal and what better than a GP...congrats
I first thought of creating thread titled "my GP is cheaper than your i10" but realized that you can get a bare bones i10 for cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
i want your alloys whenever you are upgrading to aftemarket wheels.

vignesh
Wow, there seems to be a lot of interest for the horse shoe wheels. I've received a couple of PMs as well. I'll let you guys know once I've found a good set of wire spokes with 98 PCD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Try the ICE threads.

Get the oil changed, it will make a discernible difference to the engine smoothness.

Cheers!
Will do. Thanks for the tips!
Old 29th December 2009, 18:14   #25
BHPian

Less than 24 hours and the car's gone all dirty again. Well, at least it's a hell of a lot cleaner than the Swift next to it.

Dusty locations are no fun. I'm going to scout around for a good locale for a photo shoot.

FE since I purchased the car: 13.7 over 340kms of mixed city:highway (80:20) driving.
Attached Thumbnails
Possibly the cheapest Grande Punto on TBHP? 1.4 EmoPack-dsc00092.jpg  

Possibly the cheapest Grande Punto on TBHP? 1.4 EmoPack-dsc00093.jpg  

Last edited by khan75 : 29th December 2009 at 18:15.
Old 29th December 2009, 18:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Richer the country, expensive the car

poorer the country, cheapest the car
Old 29th December 2009, 18:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Wow, nice car. Looks like you got a good deal. Will the free service and other stuff still be valid for you? Is it transferable?
Old 29th December 2009, 21:01   #28
BHPian

Nice car for that price. Congrats for a very sweet deal. You being the 2nd owner, would the warranty and services be affected, I think not.
Old 29th December 2009, 21:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

The free services and the warranty is very much valid for Khan sahab too.

Decided on the rubber yet?
Old 29th December 2009, 22:06   #30
BHPian

Congrats Buddy ! ride safe ! post some interior pics too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks