Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2009, 22:17   #31
RVG

Khan, congratulations! Your car is as good as new. Looking at the saving figure of 1.4 Lakh, next 3 years you will be using
Quote:
petrol
car but at the economy of
Quote:
diesel
. Drive safe .
Old 29th December 2009, 23:35   #32
BHPian

Minor update:
Wheels: A friend of a friend knows the alloy wheel distributors in NCR. I've requested him to find a set of wire spokes with 98PCD, something like these but a bit thinner. He said he'll get back to me over the weekend.

Tires: A distant cousin who lives across the Yamuna ocean has Yoko ES-100s on his car. I'll check out the performance and upgrade the tires to either that or the Primacy LCs over the weekend.
HID Projectors: I'm trying to source a pair of these for cheap. I might even get lower rates if more people chip in. I'll keep everyone posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Richer the country, expensive the car

poorer the country, cheapest the car
Hahaha the Punto is exactly "cheap" lol this ain't a Nano. Now what would I drive if I were to move to Uganda or Zimbabwe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Wow, nice car. Looks like you got a good deal. Will the free service and other stuff still be valid for you? Is it transferable?
The RSA is still available. The first owner did not buy an extended warranty and I don't plan on buying it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
The free services and the warranty is very much valid for Khan sahab too.

Decided on the rubber yet?
Dude leave the "sahib" bit. I'm barely older than you. Feels quite odd being called a sahib when you're in your mid 20s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid33 View Post
Congrats Buddy ! ride safe ! post some interior pics too.
I sure will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVG View Post
Khan, congratulations! Your car is as good as new. Looking at the saving figure of 1.4 Lakh, next 3 years you will be using car but at the economy of . Drive safe .
There's always a negative side to everything. From the PoV of another Punto owner, a depreciation of 1.4L over 4 months is quite scary. Had this been an i20 or a Fabia, I'm pretty sure I would've paid within 50k of the price of a new car. Fiat's image in India is just like GM/Ford/Chrysler in the US, their cars' values tank as soon as it is driven out of the stealership.

Last edited by khan75 : 29th December 2009 at 23:44.
Old 30th December 2009, 12:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Why not try something Abarth style?

Old 30th December 2009, 14:41   #34
BHPian

Nice deal you got there!!

I alsso bought a red 1.3MJD Emotion Pack recently. The car has been good up until now. However i'm experiencing a lot of rattling sounds in the front (could be from the doors). I've been to their workshop twice, and they've yet to straighten it out. It'll stop once i leave their workshop, but it'll return within a few KM's.

The ECU notified me that the rear brake light wasn't working and when i went to check it out, the bulb had come out (Luckily it was still in the lamp unit and in working condition).
Old 30th December 2009, 20:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Why not try something Abarth style?

Looks too ricey. Plus, it wouldn't look good at all on the Red.

JBL 6" speakers have been installed on the fronts. This has made quite a difference to the SQ but is still not what I had in mind. I may have to swap the JBLs for something better.

Car's up to 4800kms already.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

That is good news!

Will remind you again, get the oil changed. :P

How's the tyre and alloy search coming along.
Following your thread for updates!

And yeah, 'Sahib' just suits your name very well.
Old 1st January 2010, 10:38   #37
BHPian

I'll get the oil changed this weekend. Dunno if it'll make any difference since the car's pretty smooth overall but if you insist.

Parts update:
1. Going with Yokos as the grip's very good, well at least way better than the stock GT3s. Time to get a price check in the market for 15" and 16".
2. My wheels guy has supposedly found something that's light, multi wire spoke and 16" with 98PCD. I'm going to head down there after lunch to check it out. I think there's sufficient gap in the wheel well to accommodate larger shoes.

OT: We had a friendly race with a gas (petrol) powered i20 last night with 2 people on-board each car. The GP beat it from a rolling start from 20 and 40 fair and square which was a bit of a surprise since I always thought the i20 was a much lighter car.
Old 1st January 2010, 13:26   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
OT: We had a friendly race with a gas (petrol) powered i20 last night with 2 people on-board each car. The GP beat it from a rolling start from 20 and 40 fair and square which was a bit of a surprise since I always thought the i20 was a much lighter car.
An I thought people said GP is the slowest of the breed. I guess the right gears may be got you the linear speed.

Hope you get the right set of alloys. Do post a snap.
Old 1st January 2010, 13:59   #39
BHPian

Yokos out, going with Primacy LCs in the OE size for 4750.

HRS HS428 thin wire spokes with 98PCD are available in silver and machined black for 3700 each. Still not the look I was hoping for but these are probably the closest match I'll get this side of 25k.

Old 1st January 2010, 20:51   #40
Senior - BHPian

Really good stuff. I am a huge fan of the machined look!

The Primacy LC is a good tyre. Especially with regards to tyre noise and taking corners.
Old 1st January 2010, 22:08   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

@Khan75: The alloy rims you have short listed looks good, i suggest you to upsize one inch since GP had very good ride quality.
Old 2nd January 2010, 10:48   #42
BHPian

Tiny electrical mod in the works: Rewire the RHS rear fog lamp to the two inner reflectors. The original fog lamp becomes another reverse light. I just need to find the appropriate white plastic that'll fit on the other side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Really good stuff. I am a huge fan of the machined look!

The Primacy LC is a good tyre. Especially with regards to tyre noise and taking corners.
I'll post some snaps over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
@Khan75: The alloy rims you have short listed looks good, i suggest you to upsize one inch since GP had very good ride quality.
Yeah, I'll think about that.

Last edited by khan75 : 2nd January 2010 at 10:51.
Old 9th January 2010, 23:59   #43
BHPian

A couple of snaps clicked in the dark. The soft orange backlighting inside the car's pretty neat. Apologies for the poor PQ as I used a cell phone to take these.

Current status:
1. Primacy LCs are on the car. The grip's certainly improved over the stock GT3s.
2. I'm still on the lookout for a good-ish looking rim.
3. The stock headlamps have been replaced by Philips Xtreme Powers. My projector casings should arrive early next month, so I'll have to wait to mount my HID kit until then.
4. 3M grey-green tint on the car.

This week's pipeline: Good air horns (or a train horn), PPG Aquapel rain repellent, s.steel muffler tip, DIY front splitter (if time permits)
The last snap shows the final look that I'm trying to achieve.
Attached Thumbnails
Possibly the cheapest Grande Punto on TBHP? 1.4 EmoPack-drive_cluster.jpg  

Possibly the cheapest Grande Punto on TBHP? 1.4 EmoPack-dsc00097.jpg  

Possibly the cheapest Grande Punto on TBHP? 1.4 EmoPack-dsc00098.jpg  

Possibly the cheapest Grande Punto on TBHP? 1.4 EmoPack-dsc00099.jpg  

Possibly the cheapest Grande Punto on TBHP? 1.4 EmoPack-olzgps2.jpg  

Old 10th January 2010, 12:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

I would love to see your car with all those kinda modifications.The black alloys looks very 'hawt'.I wish you all success and luck in finding the alloys for your car.

Btw how about adding some pics of your car to chill us brother.?

Happy and Safe Motoring

Regards
Amith aka KlubClass
Old 10th January 2010, 12:55   #45
Senior - BHPian

You planning to black out the headlamps as Fiat has done in the Punto Sport? and any spoilers planned?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks