Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:03   #76
BHPian

This is how the scratches(from here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1678027) appear on our ANHC.
Attached Thumbnails
Our Honda City V MT - Alabaster Silver-dscn0977.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2010, 13:06   #77
BHPian

thanks Kalyan for the detailed pictures.

I booked the Albaster Silver ANHC. Delivery expected in 2 weeks time.

I am still contemplating the Insurance part.

I want to stick to Bajaj Allianz and Honda Assure does provide Bajaj Allianz. Price difference is coming to 4K Rs. Dealer said they can pitch in 5K worth of free accessories if i go with them. Funny thing is - 5k worth of Honda accesories are worth 2K outside i believe.

Can you please let me know the cost breakups of the Sun Film and the transparent floor mats?

Confusion was between the Polished Metal Metallic and Silver. Silver won for 2 reasons.

1) My previous car was Silver and i know how easy it was to maintain.
2) Chrome handles are masked well in Silver unlike "Hit you on your face Polished Metal Metallic".

Really sad to see the scratches on the bumper. But Silver does help in masking the scratches a bit better. Whats the plan on your part? Planning to get it repaired?
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:37   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
thanks Kalyan for the detailed pictures.
Sure, its a pleasure. I was about to photograph the car for the sun film(s) anyway.

Quote:
I booked the Albaster Silver ANHC. Delivery expected in 2 weeks time.
Thats great, congrats again. Once the car is allotted to you, do check the VIN number for verifying that its a year 2010 manufactured car. And of-course keep the PDI list from the T-BHP forum ready as it would come-in handy.

Quote:
I want to stick to Bajaj Allianz and Honda Assure does provide Bajaj Allianz. Price difference is coming to 4K Rs. Dealer said they can pitch in 5K worth of free accessories if i go with them.
Well, from their perspective, they would still be offering you 5k worth of accessories, so I guess its worth it. Go for Honda Assure.

Can you choose what accessories you will want for that 5k or is it like a pre-defined package? If you can choose, you may want to go for the reverse parking sensors for that price as its not advisable to get that done outside.

Quote:
Can you please let me know the cost breakups of the Sun Film and the transparent floor mats?
Sun Film(s):
1. 3M CR 70(Front wind screen): Rs 5500.00 (I came to know today from T-BHP user @vvrchandra that they could as well have offered this for Rs 5200.00, so do bargain with your dealer)
2. 3M RE 50 for sides and 3M RE 70 for rear windscreen: Rs 3600.00 (clubbed together, not sure of the individual break-up)

Transparent floor mats: Rs 749.00 (after 50% discount at Reliance Autozone, original MRP was Rs 1498.00). At local car accessory stores, these are available for any price between Rs 400.00 and Rs 500.00. Quality does not really seem to come into play as it is hardly noticeable so its your call on where you want to get these.

Quote:
But Silver does help in masking the scratches a bit better. Whats the plan on your part? Planning to get it repaired?
Yes, silver does mask the scratches better but that is on the body where there are multiples layers of paint. On the bumper, since it was originally black in color and had been spray painted Alabaster Silver, we can see the background on the scratches in black making it look ugly.

No plans for now. I did consider ordering for a Com-Paint(http://www.com-paint.com/) Touchup Spray Paint and some DIY stuff but decided against it.
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:21   #79
Senior - BHPian

beware of stallion honda showroom in lucknow, they are cheaters,
my uncle had purchased a ANHC VMT from there and they are the worse showroom people i have ever experienced.
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:07   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
beware of stallion honda showroom in lucknow, they are cheaters,
my uncle had purchased a ANHC VMT from there and they are the worse showroom people i have ever experienced.
Are you talking about the same ANHC that you once photographed and posted in your thread. You mentioned that you had been to a showroom to collect your uncle's ANHC. I think this was sometime in December, 2009.

Here is a thread in T-BHP forums where we discuss all such matters:
Indian Car Dealerships - Team-BHP

It would be wise to start a new thread there for this dealer(if one doesn't already exist) and describe what kind of problems are being faced, etc. Also, here's Honda One-2-One (1800 113 121 or 011 -39898918) contact. It might be wise to take up issues directly with Honda.
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:31   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post

Thats great, congrats again. Once the car is allotted to you, do check the VIN number for verifying that its a year 2010 manufactured car. And of-course keep the PDI list from the T-BHP forum ready as it would come-in handy.

Can you choose what accessories you will want for that 5k or is it like a pre-defined package? If you can choose, you may want to go for the reverse parking sensors for that price as its not advisable to get that done outside.
Oh yeah, PDI is a must. Been a T-BHPian, always one.

Well, the deal which i have got is like this

15K Corporate Discount + 10K worth of accessories (if i get Insurance from outside)

or

15K Corporate Discount + 15K worth of accessories (if i go with Honda Assure)

I am planning to go for

a) Reverse Parking Sendor
b) Sun Film
c) Rubber Mats
d) <still left with some money> Any suggestions. (Thinking of Puncture Kit + Car Cover)
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:52   #82
BHPian

Quote:
d) <still left with some money> Any suggestions. (Thinking of Puncture Kit + Car Cover)
Those(The tyre puncture kit and The car cover) are nice accessories to have. If left with more choice, you may also consider getting the following:
1. An idol
2. A car perfume
3. Neck support(s) for front seat passengers
Old 3rd February 2010, 20:11   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Those(The tyre puncture kit and The car cover) are nice accessories to have. If left with more choice, you may also consider getting the following:
1. An idol
2. A car perfume
3. Neck support(s) for front seat passengers

Car Cover is of no use if you use the car everyday. folding/unfolding the cover and storing it is a big head ache.

I think tubless puncture kit is part of mandetory essential kit Honda would provide. They anyway charge RS 3000/- for the essential kit consisting of safety triangle, first aid kit, puncture kit.

Apart from what kalyan suggested above, i suggest you consider a pair of Honda marked pillows. I think, they cost RS 250 each.
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:14   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Car Cover is of no use if you use the car everyday. folding/unfolding the cover and storing it is a big head ache.

I think tubless puncture kit is part of mandetory essential kit Honda would provide. They anyway charge RS 3000/- for the essential kit consisting of safety triangle, first aid kit, puncture kit.

Apart from what kalyan suggested above, i suggest you consider a pair of Honda marked pillows. I think, they cost RS 250 each.
Car Cover is also part of Essential Kit. I have a watchman with whom the deal i have setup is to clean the car often. I go out of town on work related visits and i feel the car cover will be useful for me.

Star, what do i do with the Pillows in a car? Are they just decorative which you put on the back side? (I wouldnt prefer it if it is so as it blocks the rear view.
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:15   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
..I think tubless puncture kit is part of mandetory essential kit Honda would provide. They anyway charge RS 3000/- for the essential kit consisting of safety triangle, first aid kit, puncture kit..
Isn't that the first aid kit and the safety triangle given along with the new car itself(free of cost)? But, i think the puncture kit is not given. Maybe, we should buy this separetely.
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:38   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Star, what do i do with the Pillows in a car? Are they just decorative which you put on the back side? (I wouldnt prefer it if it is so as it blocks the rear view.
There are several practical uses of pillow inside a car for me.

My daughter uses Pillows extensively. in fact the rear seat is as good as her bed room when we are on long drives or any late evening/night return from any visit outside during weekends.

My wife uses the pillow for providing some relief to her back during long trips.

I also use the pillows (+ fully reclined front seat) during cat nap (10-15 minutes) after the heavy lunch on long trips.

Pillow also act as a support for the center arm rest. It also acts as an elevation cushion for my daughter when she wants to view the front view sitting on center rear seat.
Old 4th February 2010, 07:07   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Transparent floor mats: Rs 749.00 (after 50% discount at Reliance Autozone, original MRP was Rs 1498.00). At local car accessory stores, these are available for any price between Rs 400.00 and Rs 500.00. Quality does not really seem to come into play as it is hardly noticeable so its your call on where you want to get these.
Don't go for Transparent Honda Floor mat, they charge Rs 1500 and its of inferior quality, its plastic kind(Sits like a boat inside ANHC), It looks blue when exposed to sunlight(Typical low quality plastic properties), Size is bigger than that space available in front. I had purchased it and returned it back same day after giving mouthful to Honda Customer Care and got a good Transparent one from Metro for Rs 800.
Old 4th February 2010, 08:46   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Don't go for Transparent Honda Floor mat, they charge Rs 1500 and its of inferior quality, its plastic kind(Sits like a boat inside ANHC), It looks blue when exposed to sunlight(Typical low quality plastic properties), Size is bigger than that space available in front. I had purchased it and returned it back same day after giving mouthful to Honda Customer Care and got a good Transparent one from Metro for Rs 800.
I agree with Shamanth, I didn't buy the transparent one though, I bought black one's and I had to cut the front floor mats to accomadate. Fortunately I bought these things from Reliance Autozone for Rs 500 (Make is MGT, I was charged 1400 by Honda Dealer).
Old 4th February 2010, 09:10   #89
BHPian

Well guys

I am getting 10k or 15K FREE accessories. I asked for cash conversion and dealer was a HUGE no. Dealer agrees that their prices are overboard and she says - "sir, where else can i make money". For that matter, dealer was not even ready to give the accessories printout saying we will compare with J.C. Road prices and never buy anything from them.

Sorry Kalyan - hijacking your thread and asking my questions.

At this rate, what is VFFM in Honda accessories? (VFFM = Value For Free Money)

I asked for discounts on cash, inusrance with the same money and there was a BIG no.
I gave up.

So for benefit of people who will read this thread -

If Dealer is giving accessories for Free, which are the ones one should take?
IMO

a) Reverse Parking Sensors
b) Sun Film
c) Floor Mats
d) Car Perfume (YMMV)
e) Idol (YMMV)
f) Pillows (StarVega preffered :-))

All of the above ONLY if they are free and you have no other option.
Old 4th February 2010, 09:37   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Well guys

a) Reverse Parking Sensors
b) Sun Film
c) Floor Mats
d) Car Perfume (YMMV)
e) Idol (YMMV)
f) Pillows (StarVega preffered :-))

All of the above ONLY if they are free and you have no other option.
My List would be:
a) Reverse Parking Sensors - my dealer quoting INR 4500
b) Body colour mudguards -- My dealer asking INR 600
c) Side illuminated step garnish - It looks awesome and i doubt if we get it outside - expensive at INR 9500/-
d) Sports paddle -- 2100 for MT and 1500 for AT

Following should be free:
1.) Pillows
2.) Idol
3.) Body cover
4.) Floor mats

Accessories from outside:
1.) Sunfilm --> Should be from outside, not only you will get them at less price but with quality, Honda dealers will not give quality, for example in front you can get 3M CR70 in and around 5500, but honda dealer will give the 3rd grade quality and that too in 3000
2.) Perfume --> should be bought from outside, many t-bhpian suggests using "My Shaldan" perfumes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks