Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 18:21   #166
BHPian

Few misses in ANHC

Hi Jayanth,

Found some interesting solution possible on the following misses in ANHC

What did Honda miss?

1. Central Lock - auto lock after engine start and auto unlock after engine stop.
8. Electrically foldable mirrors

While searching Youtube, I found across Po-40, god knows what it is, but they had fitted above two to ANHC.

Honda would certainly crib , but they got me glued. Would check the possibility of acquiring them if they are portable and economical as well if not found locally.

Here are the Videos

Old 16th July 2010, 20:28   #167
BHPian

Hi Raghu,
I somehow missed your post.
Nice videos there and I would love to get both of them in fact. The second video seems to be in India. I am sure Honda cribs about it, I really wish they privide them atleast as an option.
Old 16th July 2010, 20:32   #168
BHPian

ANHC owners,
I am trying to get 3D mats for my car, I found that these are available only with Hot Tracks, bangalore. I really don't mind the price quoted by them (4.5k) for the fact that they fit perfectly fine and looks great inside, I really mind the guy's attitude. Can someone teach them how to behave with the customers.huh!

Can anyone suggest an alternate shop where I can get these? Any idea guys?
Old 16th July 2010, 20:39   #169
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
ANHC owners,
I am trying to get 3D mats for my car, I found that these are available only with Hot Tracks, bangalore. I really don't mind the price quoted by them (4.5k) for the fact that they fit perfectly fine and looks great inside, I really mind the guy's attitude. Can someone teach them how to behave with the customers.huh!

Can anyone suggest an alternate shop where I can get these? Any idea guys?
Its a known thing- the guy has made huge money and does not care for more business, i had faced the same and posted on another thread where others too quoted the same attitude issue. He hardly cares for more business and the price is also high. Have you seen a thread on mats? Not sure about its exact link, search may help. Duromat is a good option from time techno plast and about 2K and v good mats. What are 3D mats btw? If they are the same type and use as what duromats are, worth it to get those. Duromats are available at a few locations- non car accessory shops
Old 16th July 2010, 20:56   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Its a known thing- the guy has made huge money and does not care for more business, i had faced the same and posted on another thread where others too quoted the same attitude issue. He hardly cares for more business and the price is also high. Have you seen a thread on mats? Not sure about its exact link, search may help. Duromat is a good option from time techno plast and about 2K and v good mats. What are 3D mats btw? If they are the same type and use as what duromats are, worth it to get those. Duromats are available at a few locations- non car accessory shops
I did a search and one of the members have got it from Fast Track, I called fast track, they tell me that it's not available.
See the 3d mats pic below
Attached Thumbnails
The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-3dmats.jpg  

Old 17th July 2010, 12:47   #171
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did a search and one of the members have got it from Fast Track, I called fast track, they tell me that it's not available.
See the 3d mats pic below
are you referring to the duromats? fast track does not have them, no use going there anyways for anything
As for 3D mats- i had seen them there and it was too high a price, maybe you can try out a few more dealers who can give them for lesser. Best option though- if you or a close friend happen to land up in Malaysia etc, get from there. BTW- i use the packy poda mats, and they are very good, never felt the need for anything else and cost only Rs 800 odd. Even the Duromats are really nice, will go for them if feel the need for something better. Check out the duromats and see if those are good enough for you.
Old 17th July 2010, 15:40   #172
Senior - BHPian

jayanth, finally i got another chance to go through all the 12 pages of posts on your thread, bit by bit. sorry for not posting earlier. I want you to speak about the seating position in greater detail if you height is anywhere beyond the 5-10" mark. i would like to know whether you have experienced discomfort in seating anytime.

I personally feel my clutch is real hard, which i am going to take a look at in my service schedule. Other than that I dont really have any issues. On the mats you have shown above, I agree that the mats that has come with my car is restrictive to my feet. The tend to block my footwear when i place the leg on the clutch. I appreciate the mats shown above as they are far more flat than other fancy ones which have ridges along them. i am going to check out different set of mats for the car. BTW where are these 3d mats available in bangalore?
Old 17th July 2010, 23:51   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
jayanth, finally i got another chance to go through all the 12 pages of posts on your thread, bit by bit. sorry for not posting earlier. I want you to speak about the seating position in greater detail if you height is anywhere beyond the 5-10" mark. i would like to know whether you have experienced discomfort in seating anytime.

I personally feel my clutch is real hard, which i am going to take a look at in my service schedule. Other than that I dont really have any issues. On the mats you have shown above, I agree that the mats that has come with my car is restrictive to my feet. The tend to block my footwear when i place the leg on the clutch. I appreciate the mats shown above as they are far more flat than other fancy ones which have ridges along them. i am going to check out different set of mats for the car. BTW where are these 3d mats available in bangalore?
Srikanth, I am not a 5'10 and above, although I would have prefered to see the word from that altitude. So I jack the seat all the way up and steering adjusted to my comfort and ensure it doesn't block the display, I prefer sitting with a straight posture and hence the back support comes on a little straight and ofcourse the reach of the seat is closer so as to reach the control zone deep under. True the clutch is too deep for comfort, this was one of my feedbacks to Honda when they called me sometime back. With all of the above I feel at ease when driving. Although my right elbow seems to tire a bit on long drives simply because I can't rest it as comfortably as I used to in Santro. Otherwise it's quite comfortable for me.

I agree that the clutch is hard, I had this problem initially. now I don't seem to experience the discomfort. Either the problem still exists and I have gotten used to it, or the clutch play has softened over a period of time. In addition to hard clutch, even now I experience slotting the gear to down shift 1st and second until for few kms from cold run. After that it buttery feel. Even mkh reported this issue recently in his thread and few other also reported this.

3d mats are currently available with Hottracks only. I simply hate that guy's attitude. Trust me they are really good and quite expensive as well.

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 17th July 2010 at 23:53.
Old 21st July 2010, 15:58   #174
Senior - BHPian

jayanth

when you say they are good, can you better explain this please? w.r.t mats? how are they installed? is it that the velvet mat + rubber mat is completely removed and this is put in place? whats the benefit of these mats versus normal ones?

he says price is 4.5k+ so i was wondering that i should know more about the mats before I install it.

please clarify.
Old 21st July 2010, 17:26   #175
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Srikanth, I am not a 5'10 and above, although I would have prefered to see the word from that altitude. So I jack the seat all the way up and steering adjusted to my comfort and ensure it doesn't block the display, I prefer sitting with a straight posture and hence the back support comes on a little straight and ofcourse the reach of the seat is closer so as to reach the control zone deep under. True the clutch is too deep for comfort, this was one of my feedbacks to Honda when they called me sometime back. With all of the above I feel at ease when driving. Although my right elbow seems to tire a bit on long drives simply because I can't rest it as comfortably as I used to in Santro. Otherwise it's quite comfortable for me.

I agree that the clutch is hard, I had this problem initially. now I don't seem to experience the discomfort. Either the problem still exists and I have gotten used to it, or the clutch play has softened over a period of time. In addition to hard clutch, even now I experience slotting the gear to down shift 1st and second until for few kms from cold run. After that it buttery feel. Even mkh reported this issue recently in his thread and few other also reported this.

3d mats are currently available with Hottracks only. I simply hate that guy's attitude. Trust me they are really good and quite expensive as well.
The clutch is not as soft as that in a FIAT, but not that hard too. Yes you do need to press it all the way down, i was told the same by the service guy, and the last part unless fully pressed, does not go down easily( which it should) Wondering if you are facing it now after 6 months also,if that's what we gotta live with? In the TD cars, it was not so, lets see. The gear slotting is an issue at times.
Old 21st July 2010, 19:18   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
jayanth

when you say they are good, can you better explain this please? w.r.t mats? how are they installed? is it that the velvet mat + rubber mat is completely removed and this is put in place? whats the benefit of these mats versus normal ones?

he says price is 4.5k+ so i was wondering that i should know more about the mats before I install it.

please clarify.
I had a feel of those mats, and they appeared very good good in terms of quality and finish. I think they were plastic. The good thing I noticed is they fit perfectly on all sides. It is like a tray. He claims that it is imported and hence it's expensive.
Old 21st July 2010, 19:28   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
The clutch is not as soft as that in a FIAT, but not that hard too. Yes you do need to press it all the way down, i was told the same by the service guy, and the last part unless fully pressed, does not go down easily( which it should) Wondering if you are facing it now after 6 months also,if that's what we gotta live with? In the TD cars, it was not so, lets see. The gear slotting is an issue at times.
Now I don't have the clutch issue, however I do have slotting issue initially to start with and eases out really well after few Kms.
Old 25th July 2010, 12:14   #178
BHPian

Guys,
I finally got the mats I was looking for. I am happy about how perfectly it fits on the floor and easer to wash and maintain. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0165.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0167.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0168.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0169.jpg  

Old 25th July 2010, 12:21   #179
BHPian

Jayanth,
They look like a perfect fit, but somehow the colors do not match the ANHC interiors, IMHO. Where did you get those BTW? I am getting my ANHC in a couple of weeks and I would like to consider these.
Old 25th July 2010, 12:43   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom76 View Post
Jayanth,
They look like a perfect fit, but somehow the colors do not match the ANHC interiors, IMHO. Where did you get those BTW? I am getting my ANHC in a couple of weeks and I would like to consider these.
They have 2 colours, black and beige. I tried the beige and it didn't look all that well. Black matched up well. Infact the fabric mat provided by Honda is also black. I got them in Hot Tracks

Most Viewed