Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2010, 21:08   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Jayanth, the quality fit and finish of these mats looks great. Even i am tempted to get one. Are these mats as easy to maintain as our rubber mats, are they made of rubber or plastic kind of material ? like washing it with water and will it get dry soon.
Shamanth,
These mats are rubber. May be better quality rubber. It hasn't got dirty as much, I still tried to wash them and it washes just like rubber mats and it is very easy to dry as well.. The quality fit and finish is amazing. I got it for 4k, he initially said 4.8k and I told him am a TBHPian and finally he offered me for 4k as TBHP price. He asked me not to relveal the price, well I would certainly reveal for TBHP members to get benefited.

The best part is how beautifully it fits in the rear floor. Just perfect. I really wish if they were for less, I thik these are made in taiwan and imported. It specifically says Honda City in the label.
Old 1st August 2010, 13:17   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Shamanth,
These mats are rubber. May be better quality rubber. It hasn't got dirty as much, I still tried to wash them and it washes just like rubber mats and it is very easy to dry as well.. The quality fit and finish is amazing. I got it for 4k, he initially said 4.8k and I told him am a TBHPian and finally he offered me for 4k as TBHP price. He asked me not to relveal the price, well I would certainly reveal for TBHP members to get benefited.

The best part is how beautifully it fits in the rear floor. Just perfect. I really wish if they were for less, I thik these are made in taiwan and imported. It specifically says Honda City in the label.
Wow, If you have his number could you please share it. I would like to know if they have any shop in Delhi region.
Old 1st August 2010, 16:47   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Wow, If you have his number could you please share it. I would like to know if they have any shop in Delhi region.
+(91)-(80)-22213179, 65964202, 65580999
Name: Anil
Old 2nd August 2010, 22:57   #214
BHPian

Yeh Jayanth,

Had been to Dakshin last week for a small fix, found these on the car for delivery. It's V-AT, owner insisted to get the alloys and tyres changed to get a better GC

For sure they looked pretty

I asked SA what would be the impact, his answer was

> Ride would be bumpy, tyres won't absorb the jerk as smooth as in OE.
> Warranty is void on tyres and suspension
Attached Thumbnails
The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-img_0242.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-img_0243.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-img_0244.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2010, 10:12   #215
BHPian

Raghu,
Those lenso alloys look nice. Are those 15 or 16 inchers? Did you manage to get the paint protection treatment? If you did, post pics and details.

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 3rd August 2010 at 10:13.
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:18   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Raghu,
Those lenso alloys look nice. Are those 15 or 16 inchers? Did you manage to get the paint protection treatment? If you did, post pics and details.
Hi Jayanth,

They are 17inch.

Yes, Paint Protection treatment has been done and I posted the details. Check it out. Iam happy with the results.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-heart-5.html

We (Mukunda as well) both tried reaching you on Sunday, but couldn't get through as it was not reachable.
Old 9th August 2010, 14:57   #217
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys

Today i got a call from whitefield honda your car is due for 4th service. I have completed my 3rd free service 3 months back and i thought the next service is after 6 months. When enquired this service is check-up and water wash only. Can you guys confirm if its true.

When all cars are moving away to 1 year service, Honda is going back to 3-months service. found amusing.
Old 15th August 2010, 22:12   #218
BHPian

A monsoon trip in ANHC to Agumbe and Guddattu

When you hear "Agumbe" the first thing that comes to one's mind and imagination is it's the "Chirrapunji of South". Oh boy doesn't it rain there or what? It was one of the picturesque scenes the great western ghats had in store for us. The planned destination was "Guddattu"

What is Guddattu
situated in the border area of Kundapur and Udupi taluks, Guddattu is a place of natural beauty. The History of Guddattu Sri Vinayaka Temple runs back for about 1700 years. The natural rock formation similar to Ganesh Idol is inside a small cave and the natural formation of cave is such that, around thousand Koda of water collects naturally and submerges the Ganesh Idol. It is said that the three foot idol of Lord Vinayaka was emerged by itself, attaching to a big rock. The black and grey stone structure of Lord Ganapathi is in a sitting position. His trunk is towards the right, eyes and legs clearly visible. The pooja of Ayarkoda is performed by devotees with much faith and devotion.
This temple is about 35 kilometres (22 mi) from Udupi via Brahmavara – Barkur, Shiriyara, about 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) from Kundapur via Koteshwara – Hunsemakhi -Guddeangady.

Preparation and the Journey

As a usual practice I inspect the car before any long trips and ensure that "All izz well". The only outstanding issue that wasn't addressed in my car was the horn which used to sound mis-tuned during a fairly long press. I had registered a complaint during the 3rd free service and nothing was done to rectify it. I gave a feedback to the so called "formal feedback call" resulting in a no response. This prompted me to send feedback at Honda Car India::Feedback for Service. As expected I get a call from a frightned and humble tone in the form of customer relationship manager. The gentleman requests for another round of story narration and I obliged with by-hearted words. I fix up an appointment the next day to get my horn fixed. I reach the service station on time and was attended on time. They want me to demo the mis-tuned sound (This is the second time by the way, now I am an expert in demo'ing). I didn't forget to alert them that this was my second demo and the third would cost . I quitely wished if they had waxed their ears the first time around, Anyways. The demo was successfull and the gentleman agrees that the horn needs to be replaced. It took them 4 long hours to fix the new set of horns. I was quitely examining the car for any damages and found that there was an inch of panel gap tapering all the way from bumper-headlight assembly . I was shocked and demanded it to be fixed right away. Hear this, the technician tells me "Sir it is normal saar" even new cars have panel gaps. Well obviously it is normal for him coz he didn't cough up the money from his pocket. I was furious and called the service manager to have a look at it, certify if this was normal. He obliges "Okay saar we'll fix it" I was made to wait again and they come back to me "sir we have fixed still there is some gap but that can't be set right since it is plastic". I examined myself and it was better than before but still left about 3-4mm gap. That was a bad day for me as I felt I could have lived with a faulty horn rather than a panel gap. The ANHC distinguishes from itself from all other cars in these departments. I didn't have any sort of gap in my car before this incident.

Take a look at the pics that they claim to have fixed. I was not happy in end of it all

I head back home with panel gaps lingering in my mind. I try and evade that from my mind and get to test the new horn, guess what even the new set of horns honks a mis-tuned sound, now and then . Now I was thinking am I more stupid than I thought, huh!. The only respite is that it sounds much better than the old one. Looks like Honda has managed to push faulty set of horns in their ANHC. Do you think I am thinking about going to the service station to complain about the new horns, no way! I may end up buying plastics to fill gaps.

The only way to motivate myself to forget about the incident is to think about the journey ahead.

Got my ANHC fuel tank filled to the brim, checked the tyre pressure,
An afternoon journey from Bangalore that terminated in the early hours of night fall in Shimoga, rested that night in Shimoga and were all set to leave to Guddattu before sun rise.

This was one of the fascinating jouneys. On the way back from Shimoga to Bangalore I was tempted to play a cat and mouse game with a Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratech, although I would not encourage anyone in the forum. Interestingly ANHC didn't disappoint me one bit. I could easily overtake the fiesta in a hurry with the spedo clocking in excess of 135Kmph and was eager to revv more. At this point it was very evident that fiesta was gasping to catchup. I must admit that fiesta was a winner in every corner. I only wished I had wider tyres.

Some pics for you to enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0171.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0176.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0177.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0186.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0187.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0189.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0190.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0191.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0197.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0198.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0209.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0210.jpg  

The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report-image0211.jpg  

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 15th August 2010 at 22:27.
Old 16th August 2010, 10:00   #219
BHPian

Yeh Jayanth,

Nice talking to you. We should plan for an ANHC meet.

Nice pics, you made me to think and execute a visit to Shimoga, Shringeri and Agumbe.

Unfortunate on the bumper part, you should insist to get it fixed precisely next time as it's their mistake.

StarVB is there any gap on you bumper with the recent updates you done on it?

Iam surprised to hear Honda said it can't be fixed any further
Old 16th August 2010, 10:10   #220
BHPian

Hey Jayant

Can you elaborate on the road condition? From the pics it doesn't look so great.
Old 16th August 2010, 10:13   #221
BHPian

ANHC comes with dual horns, one located near the front grill and the other hidden beneath the headlight assembly. In order to remove the one hidden under the headlight assembly, they will need to loosen the bumper to get access. In the process of putting it back they are unable to get me the proper finishing as original.
Kalyan,
I know you got your horn replaced, are you also left with panel gaps? Any idea guys as to
TBHPians,
what's my next coarse of action should be? Suggestions please

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 16th August 2010 at 10:27.
Old 16th August 2010, 10:21   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
Hey Jayant

Can you elaborate on the road condition? From the pics it doesn't look so great.
The road until Agumbe (from Shimoga) is okay. Agumbe ghat is also okay. After you land in South Kanara, the road starts to deteriorate a bit.
Old 16th August 2010, 12:33   #223
BHPian

Quote:
The natural rock formation similar to Ganesh Idol is inside a small cave and the natural formation of cave is such that, around thousand Koda of water collects naturally and submerges the Ganesh Idol.
Water isn't collected naturally. The ritual of aayarkoda (aayar - 1000 in Tamil; koda - pot) is such that 1008 pots of water is taken from the well within the temple premises; without any rope used for pulling up water from the well or without any use of bore-well and is used for abhisheka on the vinayaka idol.
To be precise the cave like formation can't hold 1008 pots of water. So whenever the idol is submerged during the ritual water is drained out manually; here hose or any assistance like pipe or water outlet isn't used. Water is drained out using a big sized bowl.
After all water is drained out the process repeats iteratively of water abhisheka till 1008 pot of water abhisheka is completed.
Some times also called as sahasrabhiskeka.

Quote:
This temple is about 35 kilometres (22 mi) from Udupi via Brahmavara – Barkur, Shiriyara, about 15 kilometers (9.3 mi) from Kundapur via Koteshwara – Hunsemakhi -Guddeangady.
Its about 7 Kms from Halady. So if you are taking the shimoga route to reach, you can take shimoga - thirthahalli - agumbe - someshwara - hebri - halady - bidkalkatte - shiriyara - guddattu
Accommodation at the temple is provided for the devotees who perform this aayarkoda at a nominal cost. So no need to stop over-night at Shimoga
Old 16th August 2010, 14:17   #224
BHPian

Three month servicing

[quote=shamanth;2018256]Hi Guys

Today i got a call from whitefield honda your car is due for 4th service. I have completed my 3rd free service 3 months back and i thought the next service is after 6 months. When enquired this service is check-up and water wash only. Can you guys confirm if its true.

When all cars are moving away to 1 year service, Honda is going back to 3-months service. found amusing.

Yes I quite agree. It is most irritating to take the car at three month intervals to the service centre. I just changed my engine oil to a mobil 1 with a engine flush and need not change it for a six month period. Also the entire washing experience in the service centre is not satisfactory most of the times. But the dealer say that the servicing schedule must be maintained in order to avoid warranty issues later.

Also the 17 inches lenzo look good. the tires would be quite low profile and the ride will probably be quite harsh on the city roads.
Old 16th August 2010, 16:17   #225
BHPian

I've heard that dealers are calling unsuspecting customers after 3 months. Honda officially has a 6 month servicing routine, so you can go after 6 months without fear of voiding the warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks