Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2010, 17:51   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
jayanth_yk

My new ANHC also shows a double sounding horn when hard pressed. i doubt if this is a rust issue as my car is spanking new.
I think it must be a bad oem piece. Wondering if I could change it to a german " Fram- Fram" in the future.
Lemon, I think this is what is called as "dual tone" horn by Honda !
My ANHC too has this characteristics and have heard others on road as well.
This is not a defect or a bad OEM piece.
Changing electrical parts with modification would void the Honda warranty !

HC
Old 17th November 2010, 17:57   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Hi Jayanth,

My car's insurance policy also expires in December this year and I was looking at getting the policy renewed.

Some colleagues have suggested against going for Reliance. I had personally been to Bajaj Allianz(considered to be the best amongst the lot at the moment), Tata AIG and ICICI Lombard. I got various quotation from the agents as follows; the common inclusions being: a 20% discount for no claims in the preceding year, third party premium Rs 800.00 and an Owner driver premium of Rs 100.00.

[Firm] [IDV] [Policy renewal Amount]

Bajaj 7,86,675.00 15,000.00 - 6/12 EMIs on Citibank Credit cards

Tata 7,50,000.00 15,000.00 (approx.) - No EMI facility
7,20,000.00 14,000.00 (approx.)
7,80,000.00 16,000.00 (approx.)

ICICI1 7,19,200.00 12,629.00 - 6/12 EMIs on Citibank/ ICICI/ HDFC Credit cards
ICICI2 7,94,750.00 13,328.00

ICICI1 - Generated through the link on the renewal notice email
ICICI2 - Generated at icicilombard.com online

I have had a good experience with ICICI Lombard in the past so I plan to go for renewal with ICICI.
Kalyan just one question, how does Honda assurance compare with these quotes?
I was given to understand that Honda assurance covers several other items such as all electronics parts (including ECU and other parts worth 200,000 INR) and also covers more than 50% for the plastics etc., in addition to the cashless claims.
Are the above insurers part of Honda Assurance or not?
What would be the problem if we chose an insurer other than listed by Honda Assure?

HC
Old 17th November 2010, 18:30   #258
BHPian

Hi HC,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
Kalyan just one question, how does Honda assurance compare with these quotes?
In terms of pricing, Honda Assure was at-least 5-6k more expensive than any quotations I got outside of Honda including from some of Honda Assure member insurance companies at the time we purchased our ANHC.

In terms of offerings, its a personal decision to make. I decided not to take the insurance from Honda Assure.

Quote:
I was given to understand that Honda assurance covers several other items such as all electronics parts (including ECU and other parts worth 200,000 INR) and also covers more than 50% for the plastics etc., in addition to the cashless claims.
You are right but may not be entirely correct on all the above assumptions, here is a link that talks about Honda Assure in detail.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1719693

Quote:
Are the above insurers part of Honda Assurance or not?
Yes, Bajaj Allianz is a Honda Assure member company. The others(ICICI Lombard, TATA AIG, Reliance) are not. But, what you need to understand is that a policy taken directly from Bajaj Allianz may not comply with all conditions that Honda Assure comes with.

Quote:
What would be the problem if we chose an insurer other than listed by Honda Assure?
Fortunately, I had no claims in the last year, so I would say there shouldn't be any problem.

A few friends had claimed insurance on their ANHCs and their settlements were handled by way of cashless facility without any issues even when they opted for insurance outside just like I did.

I have an ICICI Lombard policy currently and ICICI Lombard website says that they handle cashless claims at bot the Honda dealers in Hyderabad.

Regards,
Kalyan

(PS: Sorry for hijacking your thread, Jayanth.)

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 17th November 2010 at 18:39.
Old 17th November 2010, 18:45   #259
BHPian

Thanks Kalyan for the specific replies.
I was unaware of this information because the first year insurance was freely given by Honda.
I will have to consider all these points while renewing the policy next year.

HC
Old 18th November 2010, 09:57   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post

Thanks Jayanth. I was able to generate online quotation for all except Tata AIG. I used Internet explorer when the quote generation failed via Chrome/ Firefox browsers. I got a quote of Rs 11,000.00 (approx.) from Reliance (Online) but there was no mention of the gift coupon(s). I will try calling-in an agent here.
Ironically I was using IE 8.
I am not sure whether this offer is extended to other cities. Since carnation is only in Bangalore. You can check with other agents and demand for some offer. One of them offered me a free vacuum cleaner.

Quote:
jayanth_yk

My new ANHC also shows a double sounding horn when hard pressed. i doubt if this is a rust issue as my car is spanking new.
I think it must be a bad oem piece. Wondering if I could change it to a german " Fram- Fram" in the future.
Oh, they have managed to get a junk set of OEM horns. I have heard so many complaints. Mine was replaced recently and even the new one breaks the tone ocassionally.

Quote:
Lemon, I think this is what is called as "dual tone" horn by Honda !
My ANHC too has this characteristics and have heard others on road as well.
This is not a defect or a bad OEM piece.
Changing electrical parts with modification would void the Honda warranty !

HC
"Dual tone"? naa, to me it's a "Donkey tone"
Old 18th November 2010, 18:22   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Ironically I was using IE 8.
I am not sure whether this offer is extended to other cities. Since carnation is only in Bangalore. You can check with other agents and demand for some offer. One of them offered me a free vacuum cleaner.
We do have Carnation in Hyderabad. From the undermentioned link, it looks like there are 4 hubs in Hyderabad.
:: Carnation ::

About the offer though, you are right, it may or may not apply to other cities depending on the kind of promotion this is.
Old 18th November 2010, 19:16   #262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
jayanth_yk

Welcome to the Dual-horn concept in ANHC! I have mentioned this in my ownership report too.

I have found no logical reasoning behind when the "duality" comes into picture!
Old 6th December 2010, 17:35   #263
BHPian

I was enquiring abt deals for Honda City (EMT) in Chennai and after pitting dealers against each other, the best I got is 20K corporate discount + 20% discount on Honda Assurance insurance + usual freebies like sunfilm, teflon coat, mats & mudflaps. Is this a good deal or should I bargain more ? I feel the discounts are less when it comes to the year end sale. Bhpian's, do you know of any other deals for the City ?

Also pls guide as to which is better Honda Assurance insurance or Insurance from usual vendors like Bajaj Alliance / TATA AIG / New India Assurance. Is the extra premium for Honda Assurance worth it ?
Old 6th December 2010, 18:03   #264
BHPian

Check this thread of year end offers in different cities.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...dealers-4.html
Old 13th December 2010, 12:57   #265

Re: The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
...I got is 20K corporate discount + 20% discount on Honda Assurance insurance + usual freebies like sunfilm, teflon coat, mats & mudflaps....Is this a good deal or should I bargain more...
A few heads up for you:
1. I guess, the Corporate discount will be applicable even in 2011,
2. As for the discount on Insurance Premium, you will get discount if you are converting an existing policy that has *NCB. Chances are you might get a discount even if you do not have NCB, I suggest you speak to you existing agent,
3. If you go for the freebies, then you should make sure you are getting good brands. (Such as the Anti-rust coating should be of 3Ms, Sunfilm of Garware's-Browse TBHP for names of brands). Teflon coating is hard to verify, let alone the brand. One way is to have the company's guarantee papers.
4. Get underbody treated with anti-rust. Given the low GC, in ANHCs I feel this is very important.
5. Ask the dealer that if you book now do you have an option to get a 2011 batch car only. That way all your car's papers will bear 2011's markings. My dealer allowed this option in 2009 provided I book with full payment and with no freebies, which I had opted for.

Enjoy ANHC, it retains its lead as a great looking car besides FE.

HTH
S.

*NCB: No Claim Bonus
Old 13th December 2010, 21:23   #266
BHPian

One of my colleagues got an S-MT version of the ANHC last month in Bangalore and I must say what a deal it was, compared to the times that I bought in 2009 dec.
List of freebees
- 21k cash discount (this includes 7k corporate discount)
- 25k worth Insurance free (Anyway part of the festive offer)
- 6k worth door side protector
- 9k worth side step garnish
- 10k worth fog lamps (extra 10 was borne by the buyer)
Old 14th December 2010, 12:39   #267

Hey,

thats an awesome offer your colleague got.Had a horrible experience while buying specially with the discount part as i got only the film and rear sensors apart from the idle and pillows as freebies, but this was in oct 2009.

if anybody wants to buy ANHC year end is the best bargains one could get.

i think these discounts and freebies are due to the latest competion from VW vento.
Old 14th December 2010, 13:07   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
One of my colleagues got an S-MT version of the ANHC last month in Bangalore and I must say what a deal it was, compared to the times that I bought in 2009 dec.
List of freebees
- 21k cash discount (this includes 7k corporate discount)
- 25k worth Insurance free (Anyway part of the festive offer)
- 6k worth door side protector
- 9k worth side step garnish
- 10k worth fog lamps (extra 10 was borne by the buyer)
Is it from Whitefield Honda?
Old 14th December 2010, 15:23   #269
Senior - BHPian

Yes vento competition is getting into Honda, Their last sales figure was around 2.5k and 3k for Honda. So Honda might not be market leader in this segment anymore.
Old 14th December 2010, 20:36   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by edges View Post
if anybody wants to buy ANHC year end is the best bargains one could get.

i think these discounts and freebies are due to the latest competion from VW vento.
Not really, I've tried to haggle with all three dealers in Chennai and the discount they are offering is pathetic. But I went ahead with the purchase and delivery and registration is tomorrow. Though i'm buying the car but deep down I am for buying it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks