Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2010, 22:41   #286
BHPian

20,000 km paid service

Did the 20 k paid service today at Arya Honda Sewri Mumbai Labor Costs were as follows. Throttle body spray clean Rs 350 / HDS SCAN/PGMFI TUNE 400 / Spark Plug Clean 350/ 20 k paid check 1610/ Total 2790/-

On the parts side they charged for something described as AC Disinfection City which came to Rs 844/- Had bought the Mobil 1 0w 40 from outside but they refused to change the same saying that it was company policy not to change oils supplied by the customer so told them to at least give the oil filter which they agreed to. will get the oil change done outside. Wheel Alignment and balancing was supposed to be done but since my alloy wheels have special nuts fixed they could not remove the wheels. I prefer getting the same done outside anyways. total damages were rs 4989/-

Arya Honda has started this on line payment facility through their web site The SA informs you about the bill amount and u pay the same online and your driver can then go pick up the car with the bill already paid for.
Old 23rd December 2010, 23:04   #287
BHPian

Re: The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report

for service interval of 3 month i had faced similar issues. my NHC has run just 23k in 31/2 yrs. this means average of 6k in 12 month or just 1-2k every 3 month.earlier itwas even less as it ran just 3k in 1st yr. i also have extended warranty so getting car serviced after due date meant that i will loose my warranty. so i shot a letter to honda when i got my car stating that my car runs just 1-2k in 3 months and it's not feasible or economical to get service done at such small periods. after many deliberations and finally talking to service manager of courtesy honda, delhi thru honda i was given 6months but 5k time for service. i just faced problem once when i went to lotus honda hisar for 2nd service, they said that time has expired but i called SM of courtesy and made him talk to lotus SM and free service was availed. i had done service only after every 6 months and still have got honored my warranty.

i would suggest that you may similarly email honda for exception in time to 6 months.
Old 24th December 2010, 19:46   #288
Senior - BHPian

Thanks again!

I went in for the service today. The SA was arrogant but a subtle stern word did it. He did not change the oil and filter as the run in on the same was 2k kms and 3 months.

They rotated the 4 wheels, Not the 5th non alloy wheel even after I told them to do the 5 way switch. Please recommend what should I do.

They put a lot of scratches on the right hand C pillar. I think it was due to cleaning pipes or something. Very fine ugly scratches.

Ring Road Honda is worst at cleaning. They just do not understand. After a straight face sorry from them. I did not raise my blood pressure and think its last of them.

Billed Rs 0. I will get the oil/filter change on my own during spring.

I do not recommend RR Honda, please do not use their service.
Old 24th December 2010, 21:37   #289
BHPian

I suggest demand them to fix the scratches.
Normally wheel rotation is done @ 10k and allignment/balancing to be done at 5k. Never do the allignment/balancing at the dealer since they charge almost twice as much as outside.
Old 26th December 2010, 23:41   #290
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Thanks again!

I went in for the service today. The SA was arrogant but a subtle stern word did it. He did not change the oil and filter as the run in on the same was 2k kms and 3 months.

They rotated the 4 wheels, Not the 5th non alloy wheel even after I told them to do the 5 way switch. Please recommend what should I do.

They put a lot of scratches on the right hand C pillar. I think it was due to cleaning pipes or something. Very fine ugly scratches.

Ring Road Honda is worst at cleaning. They just do not understand. After a straight face sorry from them. I did not raise my blood pressure and think its last of them.

Whether you do a 4-wheel switch or 5 depends on you. If you do a 4-wheel rotation, ensure that only those 4 tyres are in service i.e. if the spare wheel is brought in, replace it and put the original ones as soon as possible.

Hope they don't make the scratches worse when you ask them to fix it!
Old 27th December 2010, 08:21   #291
Senior - BHPian

^I did the detailing myself with the eagle 1 scratch repair. As the car is white some fine lines still show but it's not that bad. I thought only TATA guys are brooding but RRHonda guys are snooty and brooding lot as well. They are like get it done our way ir we don't care. The SA specific is a big thing but there is still no standardization.
Old 27th December 2010, 12:37   #292
BHPian

Quote:

That's bad mate!!

These Free services are usually shoody IMHO. since its free, they don't do much!!

I didn't experience scratches but the cleaning / wash was pathetic!! Considering the fact that this was the only thing that I think they did - Not sure about running a diagnostic test and topping up the oil/fluids.

The usually give you a feedback call a couple of days after the service - Make sure you tell them about this in stern words. They will have your vehicle picked up and redo whatever needs to be done.

Cheers..
Old 28th December 2010, 12:59   #293
Senior - BHPian

^Just got the call. I was laughing and gave a genuine feedback.

She said, can we pick up and redo. I said, no thanks. She now insist that they are changing the vendor who brings his own workforce to clean the vehicles.

That is horrible. They bring in Rs 150/day workers for cleaning the cars and if they dont work out kick them out and try new hands.

Honda needs to look into these details. A nice engine in a ill handled car leads to attrition. We recently bought i20 instead of a Jazz. I was so very angry at the RR Honda. My wife was to change over to an Accord, but she also now changed her mind and we might as well try X1 booking will be done in January. Who would have thought that Honda would lose customers because they did not service the vehicle correctly.
Old 5th January 2011, 15:20   #294
BHPian

Hey guys,
I was wondering how do you'll manage such mileage figures? (Pic on the previous page shows 19.1kmpl). The highest ever shown on my display was 8.9kmpl. I'v tried driving as economically as possible, but haven't managed to push up that figure. My Altis seems to be averaging more than my ANHC! Please post your thoughts on this. Thanks.
Cheers,
fordfreak
Old 5th January 2011, 18:53   #295
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Hey guys,
I was wondering how do you'll manage such mileage figures? (Pic on the previous page shows 19.1kmpl). The highest ever shown on my display was 8.9kmpl. I'v tried driving as economically as possible, but haven't managed to push up that figure. My Altis seems to be averaging more than my ANHC! Please post your thoughts on this. Thanks.
Cheers,
fordfreak
9 kmpl is very low!
Generally, how long do you use the a/c and how much is the car loaded?

My City is used with 100 a/c in Gurgaon and returns at least 14 kmpl.

How old is your City? You could start looking at the replacement history of air/fuel filters, engine oil. Also, maybe switching petrol pumps.
Old 5th January 2011, 19:15   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Hey guys,
Cheers,
fordfreak
Yikes, that's not much. Do you have the AT? My 2 service old 5k run ANHC also returns around 14 kmpl (even now in winter, because i still drive with the A/C on).

Quote:
Thanks again!

Aarrghh! Scratches! Aaarrghhh! I feel your pain, mate!

My ANHC was delivered from RR Honda, and I have never been there again. My brand NEW (NEW!!?!?!?!?!) ANHC had scratches on it.

Since then I've been using Pearl Honda, Noida and I'm reasonably satisfied with them.

Last edited by .anshuman : 5th January 2011 at 21:46. Reason: Back to back posts within 20mins. Please use edit button if posting again within 20 mins. Thanks
Old 5th January 2011, 19:35   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Since the car is new, the change intervals for engine oil are frequent. After this, you would need to change only at 10k.
Libra,

can you come back on this?

i suppose the engine oil has be changed every 5k kms unless it is synthetic oil.

even if my ANHC or any car of mine has not covered the desired distance which would warrant a oil change, i get it changed taking in account the time elapsed since the last oil change over. This is due to the simple reason that the oil properties change over a period of time.

I am of the opinion that oil needs to be changed at regular intervals, even if the car hasn't done the required distance.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 5th January 2011 at 19:37.
Old 5th January 2011, 19:45   #298
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Libra,

can you come back on this?

i suppose the engine oil has be changed every 5k kms unless it is synthetic oil.

even if my ANHC or any car of mine has not covered the desired distance which would warrant a oil change, i get it changed taking in account the time elapsed since the last oil change over. This is due to the simple reason that the oil properties change over a period of time.

I am of the opinion that oil needs to be changed at regular intervals, even if the car hasn't done the required distance.
As is in the service booklet, the engine oil is changed at all 3 free services i.e. 1 month/1k km, 3 months/5k km and 6 months/10k km. Beyond that, it is changed every 10k kms. This was for mineral oil.

I think it is only when the car has been lying idle that you would have to consider time before distance. In case of the car being used sparingly, guess the frequency would come into account.

Sundaram Motors has given a time frame of 10k/1 year for the next service of my Corsa.
Old 6th January 2011, 00:25   #299
BHPian

@libranof1987- My car drives with A/c on most of the times and its not loaded much. Whats more surprising is that it is brand new and has run only 1998 Kms.

@Monkey Wrench- My city is a Manual and we got it in September 2010. I need to check about the service history of mine because I only just got back home a week back and drove it for the first time.
Old 6th January 2011, 07:44   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
As is in the service booklet, the engine oil is changed at all 3 free services i.e. 1 month/1k km, 3 months/5k km and 6 months/10k km. Beyond that, it is changed every 10k kms. This was for mineral oil.
The first service for my ANHC is coming up in a weeks time, do we have to change oil in the first service ie. 1 month / 1k km or can we wait till the second service for the oil change ? Please advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks