Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2011, 10:30   #301
Team-BHP Support

Re: The ANHC - A Comprehensive Ownership Experience and Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
The first service for my ANHC is coming up in a weeks time, do we have to change oil in the first service ie. 1 month / 1k km or can we wait till the second service for the oil change ? Please advice.
Yes, Honda A.S.S. will change the engine oil as per the schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
@libranof1987- My car drives with A/c on most of the times and its not loaded much. Whats more surprising is that it is brand new and has run only 1998 Kms.

@Monkey Wrench- My city is a Manual and we got it in September 2010. I need to check about the service history of mine because I only just got back home a week back and drove it for the first time.
Very surprising! Try shifting to a different fuel pump and test the FE. If it is just as bad, have it checked during the 2nd free service.

Here's what you could do too. Get a tank-full from a diff. petrol pump than the one you generally use. Wait for the next tank-full and manually measure the FE through the distance covered and the fuel used for the tank-full.

If there is a discrepancy, the electronic FE is faulty. Else, you'll have to get the car checked.

Just curious, it's not that the car is always driven through huge traffic jams right?
Old 6th January 2011, 11:10   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Yes, Honda A.S.S. will change the engine oil as per the schedule.

Very surprising! Try shifting to a different fuel pump and test the FE. If it is just as bad, have it checked during the 2nd free service.

Here's what you could do too. Get a tank-full from a diff. petrol pump than the one you generally use. Wait for the next tank-full and manually measure the FE through the distance covered and the fuel used for the tank-full.

If there is a discrepancy, the electronic FE is faulty. Else, you'll have to get the car checked.

Just curious, it's not that the car is always driven through huge traffic jams right?
Yeah, I agree. Either your petrol pump guy is filling kerosene in your machine (!), or there's something wrong somewhere.

Just as an anecdote -- but a friend of mine who has a Nov 2010 ANHC, gets 14.5 kmpl when he drives it, and 8.5 kmpl when his wife drives it! HAHA!
Old 6th January 2011, 11:24   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
Yeah, I agree. Either your petrol pump guy is filling kerosene in your machine (!), or there's something wrong somewhere.

Just as an anecdote -- but a friend of mine who has a Nov 2010 ANHC, gets 14.5 kmpl when he drives it, and 8.5 kmpl when his wife drives it! HAHA!
Hi MW,

ANHC FE is purely dependent on driving style and nothing else, if you follow

> Right great change ratios (enough had been discussed on this, please refer to posts in SV, Kalyan and probably this thread also).
> Engine stops at signals
> Slow and steady accelerations
> Avoid hard breaking and instance accelerations

One can extract better FE. I follow them while driving in CITY, as there's a little free space on the road to enjoy anyways. I get a consistent FE of 13-13.5 KMPL.

On highways I like to rip ANHC and I constantly get between 16-17KMPL, one can extract much better FE on highways.
Old 6th January 2011, 11:25   #304
BHPian

Quote:
As is in the service booklet, the engine oil is changed at all 3 free services i.e. 1 month/1k km, 3 months/5k km and 6 months/10k km. Beyond that, it is changed every 10k kms. This was for mineral oil.
I suggest, that you go through the maintenance schedule. Its every 5k kms or 6 months that the oil needs to be compulsorily changed.

Its another matter of fact that if synthetic oil is being used, the change is done every 10k kms.

Quote:
I think it is only when the car has been lying idle that you would have to consider time before distance. In case of the car being used sparingly, guess the frequency would come into account.
Is this an assumption by any sort or has anything been written anywhere about this in relevance to Honda.

Quote:
Sundaram Motors has given a time frame of 10k/1 year for the next service of my Corsa
The brands and their service schedules differ, i guess. Fiat and VW calls recommends service only every 15k kms. The subject here is Honda.
Old 6th January 2011, 12:34   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi MW,

ANHC FE is purely dependent on driving style and nothing else, if you follow

> Right great change ratios (enough had been discussed on this, please refer to posts in SV, Kalyan and probably this thread also).
> Engine stops at signals
> Slow and steady accelerations
> Avoid hard breaking and instance accelerations

One can extract better FE. I follow them while driving in CITY, as there's a little free space on the road to enjoy anyways. I get a consistent FE of 13-13.5 KMPL.

On highways I like to rip ANHC and I constantly get between 16-17KMPL, one can extract much better FE on highways.
Completely agree, I'm getting around 14-15 myself in the city. Actually my post was to help out the other user (FordFreak) who was getting a rather low average! But your advice still is relevant.
Old 6th January 2011, 13:50   #306
Senior - BHPian

The economy mentioned by FordFreak definitely needs to be checked. My car is 6 months old and has done approximately 4k. But never did it give that low economy. It always hovered from 12 to 15.

My primary drive was a diesel prior to ANHC so it took me time to adjust back to petrol.

On the discussion of synthetics I read this interesting article that points out that all synthetics are not similar.

Kindly suggest what synthetic oils available currently fits the grade 4.
Old 6th January 2011, 17:05   #307
BHPian

My car has done abt 700kms, for the first 400 kms the MID showed 10.3km/ltr and after that the average increased and MID now shows 11.2km/ltr. Is this is a normal figure while doing the first 1000 kms run.

I have read in couple of threads that there is a difference of 1.2-1.6 km/ltr btw actual mileage and the one shown in MID. If thats true then I am getting only abt 10kms/ltr, is that not less ?
Old 6th January 2011, 17:58   #308
Senior - BHPian

^Not at all. Initially I used to get the same figure as well. Kindly check your gear changes, I am talking of 12 tank to tank but then again my drive consist of 40:60 city highway.

Till date a realistic calculation for me stands at 11 in city conditions and 15 on highways. The MID goes bonkers with my driving, I am sure it tries to cope with the driving style as it learns. E.g. while I took it at 5000 rpm it was showing me 5 kmpl but as I kept it there for a while it changed it to 10kmpl. Similarly, if I just cruse, I get the mileage to go upto 17 on the MID but that is not true, it goes beyond 20 but tank to tank method reveals correct data. I read on the thread that some were getting 21 and 19 on their MID that is when I inquired with SA and he told me the theory of new pistons rings have more suction and thus take time to set in. I ask if there is a definite schedule to run in. He was not qualified or did not focus, he then promptly said, new engines do not need runin you may drive as you wish, even take it to the top speed.

I think you asked the question on oil change. First service does not included oil and filter change, but may wish to get it changed if you deem appropriate.

I think I will open a new thread for all city owners to contribute, we are taking liberty with Jayanth's thread.

Edit:

Guys I opened a new thread under longterm ownership.

Kindly discuss all about your ANHC. Existing City veteran are requested to guide the discussions while keeping their thread and logs maintained.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...scussions.html

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 6th January 2011 at 18:07.
Old 6th January 2011, 18:27   #309
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My car has done abt 700kms, for the first 400 kms the MID showed 10.3km/ltr and after that the average increased and MID now shows 11.2km/ltr. Is this is a normal figure while doing the first 1000 kms run.

I have read in couple of threads that there is a difference of 1.2-1.6 km/ltr btw actual mileage and the one shown in MID. If thats true then I am getting only abt 10kms/ltr, is that not less ?
Yes, there will be a difference between the MID and your actual FE.

As someone has mentioned, FE would largely depend on driving style i.e. acceleration, rpm at gear upshift, a/c and whether it's in the city (idling due to traffic jams) or the highway.

So, it is not necessary that the car is giving low FE.

Have you tried calculating the FE manually?
Old 6th January 2011, 19:00   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Just follow the right things of driving a 4 wheeler, which i am confident you do know. ANHC is a very responsive & delicate car. It will return economy based on the style of driving.

Quote:
I have read in couple of threads that there is a difference of 1.2-1.6
The error is 0.8 to 1.0, not more than that as per my observation.
Old 6th January 2011, 19:42   #311
BHPian

I have not calculated the FE manually. Planning to do that after I cross the 1000 kms barrier. Out of the 700kms, 95% of it was in city traffic.

My driving style is
gear speeds (kms/hr)
1st 15-20
2nd 20-35
3rd 30-45
4th 45-60
5th 60+

Would my driving style suit the car ? Or does it need any tweaking ? I have not noted the rpm at which I do the gearshifts but I am guessing it should be somewhere btw 1300 - 1800 rpm.
Old 6th January 2011, 19:53   #312
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have not calculated the FE manually. Planning to do that after I cross the 1000 kms barrier. Out of the 700kms, 95% of it was in city traffic.

My driving style is
gear speeds (kms/hr)
1st 15-20
2nd 20-35
3rd 30-45
4th 45-60
5th 60+

Would my driving style suit the car ? Or does it need any tweaking ? I have not noted the rpm at which I do the gearshifts but I am guessing it should be somewhere btw 1300 - 1800 rpm.
Try upshifting around ~2500 rpm. Do you use a/c all the time?

For 2 full tank-full tank, fill fuel from some other pump.

If you have quick access to a less crowded highway, have a drive there to check how much FE you get.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks