Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2010, 10:47   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore_Runner View Post
Absolutely marvellous drive on the Highway and menacingly (for others!) huge and bold. Gave a lot of confidence.
<snip>
Nice review, and yes, my own Endy has done 2000 in 20 days, and I am absolutely loving it too! Did a few ghats, some expressway sprints, and a lot in the city too. No matter where you take her, it's fun!

I'm looking to take a good trip into the hills, but I am waiting for the monsoons to hit first Your tips and review has totally revved me up.
Old 8th June 2010, 17:07   #47
BHPian

Neighbour's Envy Owner's Endy...

Hi!

Planning to buy the same one if everything works out wrt finances (Black, 3.0 AT). This post has given a lot of information. Thanks, Bro!

My only cause of concern (and I am not being able to get rid of it) is the mileage. Ya! Ya! I do know that one can't have everything, but I am used to my Logan and its 21+ kpl on Mumbai roads.
Old 9th June 2010, 00:15   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
My only cause of concern (and I am not being able to get rid of it) is the mileage. Ya! Ya! I do know that one can't have everything, but I am used to my Logan and its 21+ kpl on Mumbai roads.
7-8 kmpl of diesel is what you can expect

On the other hand, it's a small price to pay to get right on way at every intersection, the satisfaction of scaring the hell out of autorickshaws, seeing cars screech to a halt as you enter the crossroad, wide eyed guys and girls alike staring at your beast, and the pleasure of climbing footpaths, rocks, and the occasional Nano without so much as flinching an eyelid
Old 9th June 2010, 01:50   #49
BHPian

Fore_Runner - Many Congratulations on your purchase. Nice review and Nice pictures. It is a Solid SUV. Ford should have come up with ideas keeping the extra tyre inside. The only thing in which I feel fortuner looks better from rear - Sorry !!! It's my personal feeling.
Old 9th June 2010, 11:11   #50
BHPian

Endy! is always a good buy. What is the on road price for Endy? The photos of endy are really nice. Do also share in detail about your exp. with the Endy on Highways (body roll,top speed etc).
Old 9th June 2010, 20:10   #51
BHPian

awesome ride forerunner!!can you post the pics after installing ladder and roof rack!
Old 11th June 2010, 07:55   #52
BHPian

Endeavour a.k.a Xena - The Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
7-8 kmpl of diesel is what you can expect

On the other hand, it's a small price to pay to get right on way at every intersection, the satisfaction of scaring the hell out of autorickshaws, seeing cars screech to a halt as you enter the crossroad, wide eyed guys and girls alike staring at your beast, and the pleasure of climbing footpaths, rocks, and the occasional Nano without so much as flinching an eyelid
I haven't told my wife about the buy, although I have completed all of my prelim activities, and am sure she will have a thing or two about the 'girls staring at the beast', but undoubtedly she has liked the car and the occassional mention when we cross one on the road has prompted her to say, '...there goes your Xena' (the warrior princess).

A lot of people want to buy cars that are utopian, that is to say many of us want beasts yet we want them silk smooth, we want them large yet we want them to give a mileage better than the most fuel efficient car on the road, we want them to be powerhouses yet we want them low on maint, we want them to have world class interiors yet we want them to be as inexpesive as the entry level in the category... having said this some of these would still be possible, but there would be a price that one would have to pay.

The Endy is a great buy, and while it may show some of the problems that have been mentioned in other foras, I think it is worth the buy.

All of the above is what I kept in mind when I captured the Endy in my mind... and while the bonnet is still hanging out of my wallet, but I'll do something or the other to get bonny in... and I look forward to writing my review in this forum as well.

Chao!

Last edited by Paco : 11th June 2010 at 08:02.
Old 11th June 2010, 08:00   #53
BHPian

Endy - Roof Rack & Customized Ladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore_Runner View Post
Friends,

...3. Now rate this : We were 5 adults and 3 Children (with all luggage on my newly installed Roof Rack Tray, also got the rear ladder installed btw, customized) and there was no tiredness over a drive of 7-8 hours with a break of 45 mins in between. 2 adults in front, 1 adult and 2 Children in the middle row and 2 ladies and 1 Child (2 yrs) in the back row. The THING is so roomy, I just liked it....

Fore_Runner
Hi! How much did the roof-rack and the customized ladder cost you? Where did you pick them up from? What 'customisation' did you do (didn't see no photos)?

What about 'stock tyres'... or have you covered them somewhere in the posts for I may have missed it.

Chao!
Old 13th June 2010, 00:14   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.iitm View Post
Endy! is always a good buy. What is the on road price for Endy? The photos of endy are really nice. Do also share in detail about your exp. with the Endy on Highways (body roll,top speed etc).
I've done 170 with a full load. On road in Pune, around 22-23L

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks