Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2010, 18:56   #1
BHPian

my experience with punto1.4E+ done 3500km

Hi guys,

We recently purchased Punto1.4+ and did a road trip to Bhuj(great Rann) from Mumbai covering a total of 3000km in a weeks time and now would like to share my experience of the trip.

We started with an odo reading of 500 on our and now its 3500 ..time for the first service!

for people interested in the FE here are the details(with a/c on forever ;set at 23C & spirited driving):

Km covered:3000
Petrol consumed :234l
FE: 12.82kmpl

However the stretch from Mumbai to Ahmadabad gave an average of 14.1kmpl so I was happy!

Mumbai bumper to bumper traffic gave an average of 11kmpl with A/c

The good bits:

People look at the car wherever u go

Phenomenal stability ...even at 140 (roads of Gujarat were dream come true..) and not an inch of worry...only when the speed limit warning sound popped up does one realize man..u are driving fast!! The braking is fantastic..did get a few chances of trying it in real conditions and not disappointing at all.

Though you will not get a heart warming 0-60 but the car goes very fast from 60-120, put it in 3rd and u can overtake most of the traffic on the highway.The engine is extremely free revving.

Only me and my wife were traveling so cant comment on the rear seat comfort ....however the front seats were comfortable for long drives.
The 60-40 split seats really helped in organizing our stuff.

Sound insulation was very good,at speeds over 100 u hear very faint wind noises..of course the engine roar when u accelerate from 3rd gear is good fun to hear..i love that note

Controls on the steering were of great help and a/c performed very well.

Even the rough patches of road were not difficult to tame...its quite composed at high speed if u suddenly hit those typical rough patches on the highways.

The hatch shuts with a simple push..handle in the tail gate inner is a nice touch.My heart sinks when the security at malls hit it so hard.ouch!!

Coming on to the not so good bits:

The underbody did hit the road surface if u are fast ,especially when u are going downhill and then uphill.

The glovebox keeps opening,will be replaced as told by the dealer when I give the car for servicing.

People don't notice u r reversing..maybe because the lamp is in the bumper.

The rear seats are not so easy to put back in location after they are folded.

I was unable to play the play-lists of my ipod..it plays songs as stored in the hard-drive of I-pod..and yes the sound quality from stock speakers are nothing to write home about.

To sum up, the car is a fantastic performer on the highways...comfortable for city driving though one will not get more than 11 in peak traffic condition.
But most important she brings up a smile whenever you look at her.

adding few images from the trip, and will post the trip details in the travelogue section soon.
Attached Thumbnails
my experience with punto1.4E+ done 3500km-beauty.jpg  

my experience with punto1.4E+ done 3500km-puntoatrann.jpg  

my experience with punto1.4E+ done 3500km-puntofront.jpg  

my experience with punto1.4E+ done 3500km-rear.jpg  

my experience with punto1.4E+ done 3500km-tropicofcancer.jpg  

my experience with punto1.4E+ done 3500km-birds.jpg  

my experience with punto1.4E+ done 3500km-dholavira.jpg  

my experience with punto1.4E+ done 3500km-pondatrann.jpg  

my experience with punto1.4E+ done 3500km-rann1.jpg  

my experience with punto1.4E+ done 3500km-rann3.jpg  

Old 3rd January 2010, 19:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Nice photos!

Any reason why you didn't consider MJD, given that you have covered 3000Km in a week?
Old 3rd January 2010, 20:18   #3
BHPian

Hey sharma,

Very Nice pictures.

Your car looks really nice.

3000kms in a week is really a nice run.
Old 3rd January 2010, 20:37   #4
BHPian

Congrats Ankur. Nice photos and a good report. You must be few of the customers returning for a service within a week.
Old 3rd January 2010, 20:58   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Congrats. Nice photos!

Any reason why you didn't consider MJD, given that you have covered 3000Km in a week?
I did consider MJD but despite all the logic for diesel I somehow gravitated towards petrol..plus given that I have less than 500km of travel in the city(my workplace is walking distance) and road trips like this would be once a year sealed the case for petrol.
Old 4th January 2010, 14:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

One more GP ....Congratulations Ankur. Nice write up and photos. The fifth photo has come out really well.
Old 4th January 2010, 17:23   #7
BHPian

Wowwwwww.... Outstanding pictures

Amazing pictures of nature and the car. Can you please share/PM details of the camera used for taking the pictures. Please post some more pictures if possible of the car in natural surroundings.

Nikhil
Old 4th January 2010, 17:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

nice photos! great car. looks great against the landscape as well. congrats!
Old 4th January 2010, 18:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Amazing pictures of nature and the car. Can you please share/PM details of the camera used for taking the pictures. Please post some more pictures if possible of the car in natural surroundings.

Nikhil
DITTO. Please let me know which camera. The car looks Stunning with those alloys. Hope you have a good ownership experience after a few servicing visits.
Old 4th January 2010, 20:33   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post

Nikhil

Car is back from its first servicing. I had a good experience at the workshop so that satisfies the worry of Fiat A.S.S.
All the issues were resolved including the niggling glove box.The lock was replaced.The people were friendly though the waiting time was more even though I had an appointment & coffee was very bad.
B.T.W I had given it at Wasan motors Kandivali west.

The Camera I used was Canon SX10iS. Its a fantastic camera with a blend of a good SLR quality and ease of a digital camera.They have now introduced SX1iS as well..worth checking out.
Old 5th January 2010, 02:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

congratulations. Great pics.Lovely car. enjoy your ride.
Old 5th January 2010, 10:44   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the car. Nice pics there. Modern diesels can also be bought for lesser usage. But the Punto and Linea will make you drive more and bring a smile on your face.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks