Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 14:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Awesome drive you got there!
If only i had some spare cash (sigh!!), I would have surely spent it on a cedia.
Old 5th January 2010, 15:14   #17
BHPian

Great report and your is one beautiful car i couldnt take my eyes off

I have a question for you about the parking camera and the entertainment JBL speakers you've got... could you please give me your feedback on the money spent on these accessories and how would you rate the outcome ? I mean is the camera useful and by fitting the camera is there any disadvantage - like slower response of the touch screen or increased cabin noise (if some packing was disturbed). Also how would you rate the music quality with these speakers and whats the amp you use ? would you recommend any other speakers or amps ? Sorry for the questionnaire though...

In addition to all this information, can i be greedy enough to find out the contact details of the Pune dealer who did all this work for you, since i am in Pune i thought i can use this information to pimp my ride a little bit
Old 5th January 2010, 19:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartho View Post
Great report and your is one beautiful car i couldnt take my eyes off

I have a question for you about the parking camera and the entertainment JBL speakers you've got... could you please give me your feedback on the money spent on these accessories and how would you rate the outcome ? I mean is the camera useful and by fitting the camera is there any disadvantage - like slower response of the touch screen or increased cabin noise (if some packing was disturbed). Also how would you rate the music quality with these speakers and whats the amp you use ? would you recommend any other speakers or amps ? Sorry for the questionnaire though...

In addition to all this information, can i be greedy enough to find out the contact details of the Pune dealer who did all this work for you, since i am in Pune i thought i can use this information to pimp my ride a little bit
Hello Kartho

The Speakers I got are - JBL GT5-S205 Speakers(rear) and Infinity Ref5030cs Components (Front)

JBL GT5-S644 is the Amp I got and JBL GT5-1204BR Bass Reflex

Everything out here is just excellent I would say only thing I regret my decision on the AMP.If your budget allows I would recommend a JBL GTO14001 Mono Amp which is 1500Watts as compared to the 800Watts in mine.

Bass Reflex i got is is moreover an Open Woofer types with a more qualitative Bass I would say as compared to a regular 12" woofer commonly fitted.The Punch level it throws is a little more refined.I like it but I would also recommend to have a look at the Polk M Series as well.
Frankly speaking,Music Quality inside your Car is something that can be enhanced Level by Level infinitely. The more you spend the better you get.

As far as Brands are concerned,i would recommend to stick to JBL/Polk.

Coming to the Rear View Camera.I would Rate this thing as 10/10 during the day.The rear view is totally clear and widely visible.Clarity is excellent.Response Time has no Issues at all not even 1%.The moment you switch to the Reverse gear the camera is ON and the moment you move to forward gears its OFF without any delays ever.
Has No effects at all on the Touch Screen Response.I would say not even 0.1% Its really a useful to have in Sedans.
As in Night I would rate it as 7/10 as if its totally Dark all around the clarity is not very Good i would say.I appears as if the camera has a Fog on it.However I believe its not the fault of the camera,its the intensity of the rear Reverse lights.If your car comes with rear Fog Lamps which is quite common in D-Segment Cars now a Days then the Visibility should be better.That reminds me of getting a pair of Reverse Fog lights for me too

I got this all done from Car Cupid in Pune.(Its Next to Reliance Fresh @ Pashan.Do visit) I really recommend this shop.As for any variety under any price range for a product and you have it there.Cheapest till Costliest all is in stock.

Last edited by bblost : 29th January 2010 at 10:53.
Old 5th January 2010, 19:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Awesome drive you got there!
If only i had some spare cash (sigh!!), I would have surely spent it on a cedia.
Thank you blackasta
Old 6th January 2010, 01:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedizen View Post
Yes it does but the one I have is a Model prior to the RalliArt one so did not get the GPS Maps from Company and needs to be purchased separetely
Hi Cedizen,
Congratulations on your black beauty.
Could you post some snaps of the ice install especially the subwoofer and amplifier. Did you go for any sound insulation on the door panels etc.
Old 6th January 2010, 12:44   #21
BHPian

Hey Cedizen

Thanks a lot for the detailed information on the ICE, I will do exactly as you say, cause mine is a Cedia too. I have not gone for any upgrades yet as I was informed by the sales guy here in Mitsu that i should avoid doing any modifications to continue enjoying the car the way it is... he was a little pessimistic about the understanding of Cedia's wiring, packing etc by technicians in car decor shops as Mitsu vehicles are not very common and these guys may not have the experience to do a neat job... he mentioned that Poona motors have experience with Mitsu cars and I could give it a try there if i am interested...

But since you have gotten it all done so well in Car cupid, I will probably stick to them. If you could pm me or leave a note here with contact numbers of sumit/sunny it will be very helpful. Also, the individual cost of the speakers and amp would be useful too. I would like to refer your name as well to the car cupid guys, so, if its not an issue, please msg me your name and number... I am all excited now about getting the ICE and parking sensor... btw, could you share the details of the parking sensors too ( I know you got it fitted at Raima, but if Car cupid guys have it, i would go for it too), I did not get it earlier, as i did not wish to damage the bumpers...
Thanks again mate
Old 6th January 2010, 13:12   #22
BHPian

Another unsuspecting innocent ceduced by the Cedia!! Astonishing what a test drive with the Cedia will do to you.

Congratulations on the purchase. I really stretched my budget for the Cedia and am pleased as punch with the car. No regrets that I almost wiped out my savings to buy this car.

I did not understand the no-Ralliart part. I bought mine in late Oct and had fully functional GPS. Why did you have to buy maps?
Old 6th January 2010, 19:29   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartho View Post
Hey Cedizen

Thanks a lot for the detailed information on the ICE, I will do exactly as you say, cause mine is a Cedia too. I have not gone for any upgrades yet as I was informed by the sales guy here in Mitsu that i should avoid doing any modifications to continue enjoying the car the way it is... he was a little pessimistic about the understanding of Cedia's wiring, packing etc by technicians in car decor shops as Mitsu vehicles are not very common and these guys may not have the experience to do a neat job... he mentioned that Poona motors have experience with Mitsu cars and I could give it a try there if i am interested...

But since you have gotten it all done so well in Car cupid, I will probably stick to them. If you could pm me or leave a note here with contact numbers of sumit/sunny it will be very helpful. Also, the individual cost of the speakers and amp would be useful too. I would like to refer your name as well to the car cupid guys, so, if its not an issue, please msg me your name and number... I am all excited now about getting the ICE and parking sensor... btw, could you share the details of the parking sensors too ( I know you got it fitted at Raima, but if Car cupid guys have it, i would go for it too), I did not get it earlier, as i did not wish to damage the bumpers...
Thanks again mate
Will surely PM you the details shortly
Old 6th January 2010, 19:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
Another unsuspecting innocent ceduced by the Cedia!! Astonishing what a test drive with the Cedia will do to you.

Congratulations on the purchase. I really stretched my budget for the Cedia and am pleased as punch with the car. No regrets that I almost wiped out my savings to buy this car.

I did not understand the no-Ralliart part. I bought mine in late Oct and had fully functional GPS. Why did you have to buy maps?
Same happened with me Even I had to stretch my budget way too far for this beast and wipe off my savings but every penny was worth it I feel.

The model I have is the one that was released in Feb'09 and the Ralliart was released in September'09. There are some minor differences between the two:
1) The Ralliart Stickers
2) Ralliart has OEM fitted GPS but not mine
3) The seats in Ralliart have a red lining,mine have a white pattern
4) Front Headlamps in Ralliart model are white but are Smoked ones in mine

How much did you crack the deal for??
Old 13th January 2010, 12:44   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations mate.
I remember when I joined Team-bhp, me and another Cedia-lover jointly coined this name "Cedizen" and you picked it as your handle.! That shows the Love for the Car.

One question: With 3M 35% films all around, don't you find it difficult in nights to see the ORVMs or the RVM? I used to drive with my eyes rolling on all 3 RVMs and also through the side windows - day and night.
Would you mind sharing your experience?
Old 13th January 2010, 13:18   #26
BHPian

Congratulations on a superb ride and hope that you fathom deeper areas of ocean with your shark.

Only if my family made decisions by heart and not head, I would be a proud owner of a cedia too. I still remember the colossal World War III in my household when I decided to buy Palio 1.6 Sport. I am still recuperating from damages caused then.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, I believe that this car looks best in Black and that’s what you own. Great decision!

The ICE also looks good. The more so JBL set up is a good decision in my opinion. It sounds very clear even at higher volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedizen View Post

The model I have is the one that was released in Feb'09 and the Ralliart was released in September'09.
I believe that the car you got is better than the outgoing model.

There are some minor differences between the two:
1) The Ralliart Stickers
the car looks better without stickers

2) Ralliart has OEM fitted GPS but not mine
Yes. thats one thing missing, should have been there in first place!

3) The seats in Ralliart have a red lining,mine have a white pattern
The leather seats you have are better than the current model. Leather quality on current model has been compromised for cost reduction. You know it as soon as you touch the two.

4) Front Headlamps in Ralliart model are white but are Smoked ones in mine
the smoked head lamps look much better.
Only thing I didnt like is the blue lights in Interiors, rest the car is a head turner.

Regarding the Gear shift, The harder you drive the car, the sooner will they get soft. My car's gear shift is still abit hard even after 40k kms. But compared to a brand new cedia which I drove a couple of months back, I found my car's gear shift much softer.

All the best. Take Care
Drive Safe

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 13th January 2010 at 15:25.
Old 14th January 2010, 02:14   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Congratulations mate.
I remember when I joined Team-bhp, me and another Cedia-lover jointly coined this name "Cedizen" and you picked it as your handle.! That shows the Love for the Car.

One question: With 3M 35% films all around, don't you find it difficult in nights to see the ORVMs or the RVM? I used to drive with my eyes rolling on all 3 RVMs and also through the side windows - day and night.
Would you mind sharing your experience?
Hello RajaTauras, well yes you are right sometimes it is actually difficult to drive during night with such dark films.But Now I am used to it and don't really find it too hard.Yes its still a problem during the Monsoons.But atleast it keeps the car cooler during summers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Congratulations on a superb ride and hope that you fathom deeper areas of ocean with your shark.

Only if my family made decisions by heart and not head, I would be a proud owner of a cedia too. I still remember the colossal World War III in my household when I decided to buy Palio 1.6 Sport. I am still recuperating from damages caused then.
Thanks buddy.But I must say Palio 1.6 Sport is an excellent car too.My close friend bought it in the very first month it was launched and is still a happy Customer.
Cedia's rear seating is too low and that makes it not so popular for a family I am yet to get the feedback from my parents once they visit me in Hyderabad and join me for a Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Congratulations, I believe that this car looks best in Black and that’s what you own. Great decision!

Regarding the Gear shift, The harder you drive the car, the sooner will they get soft. My car's gear shift is still abit hard even after 40k kms. But compared to a brand new cedia which I drove a couple of months back, I found my car's gear shift much softer.
Thanks Gaurav. I am waiting for the Gear shifts to get smoother soon.Shifiting to the 2nd Gear is really a hard thing to do as of now.My swift has much smoother Gearshifts and Steering. Have done only 6 k so far on 140 Days

Last edited by bblost : 29th January 2010 at 10:53. Reason: Incorrect Quotes applied
Old 17th January 2010, 18:22   #29
BHPian

Hey cedizen, Congratulations on your ride & nice to hear you got things done from Car Cupid,have seen many cars done by them especially the Aundh population.

I hope my dream of buying Cedia comes true soon.
Old 17th January 2010, 18:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post

Did you have a good time driving the Palio? If so isn't it (the "war") par for the course !? It looks great -even now when I pass by a Palio , I cant help giving it a second look. Have heard it handles well too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks