Team-BHP - Its Black, Its a Shark My Cedia Sports
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Its Black, Its a Shark My Cedia Sports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/72881-its-black-its-shark-my-cedia-sports.html)

Hello Everyone!!

Hope everyone's revvving and Enjoying their Rides..

A very Happy and Prosperous New year to all!!

Would Start with a little of Background of about what my requirements were. I was very Clear about my minimum requirements from my next ride i.e. ABS,Airbags,Automatic Climate Control,Alloy Wheels,Great Driveability backed by a Powerful Engine and an an important one a good suspension to smoothen my drive on Indian Roads .And at last but the most Important one a Car that performs on Highways.Because that's where most of my drive is as within City I have Company conveince to commute to the office and at least once in a month I do catch up a highway on trip of 1200-1500kms.For this Package my budget was not more than 9Lakhs.

Below were the Options I had considered along with their On-Road Prices in Hyderabad and the reasons why i didnt go for them.No Offense to anyone's choice,reasons I mention are just my perception.Dont mean to hurt anyone on their rides.
1) Chevy Optra 1.6 LT
Wood finish on Interiors,Not so good at driving,Clutch and Gears kinda hard

2) ANHC S MT
No Alloy Wheels,No Automatic Climate Control,Poor Plastic on Interiors,Thinner Tyres (That Means not so good for Highways),No discounts at all,Too much Attitude on Honda's Sales Team's Faces.*Yes attitude does play an important Role atleast in my case.Probably because I am used to Maruti's Courteous Before and After Sales)

3) Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8J
No Alloys for the Base Model,No climate Control,I don't like Toyota Steering Wheel.No Black Color being manufacture when I was planning a car

4) Maruti SX4 (Ideally this was the only one fitting in my Budget :) )
Everything is too good about this Car except the Mileage and its way too Noisy inside the Cabin.I have a hbit of accelerating my car as much as possible on lower gears as well and found SX4 Engine Noise a lot irritating.

5) Ford Fiesta 1.6 S
Everything good on the car but No upgrades done on the looks for quite sometime.Every possible Uplifts were tried by Ford but they didnt work on this car it seems.mostly Fiesta is known for its Diesel Engine(Diesel Engine was not my requirement) also on comparisons I found Ford Spare parts to be pretty expensive

6)Skoda Octavia 1.9 Petrol
Loved everything about this car.I became a Fan of this Machine after a Test Ride.The Ride Quality,the built,the Power was just too excellent.But I didn't go for it because of 3 reasons:

- No Black Color Option in Petrol (Only Red and White)
- Skoda not too known for its Petrol Engines.In fact the Sales Guy himself suggested me not to go for Skoda Petrol engine hehe.He put a Hammer on his own foot
- Most Most Important the After Sales Service Issues with Skoda.I am tired of hearing so many *** Issues with Skoda now.Especially after reading about what happened with our own bhpian 'harish_v'. Frankly speaking neither I have the Time nor the Money to spend on such incidences if they happen to me.I am able to manage my Petrol Expenses that itself is a big deal for me.

7)Fiat Linea Emotion PK
Admiration Guaranteed but UNDERPOWERED

Looking at all the above choices I made, you must be thinking these are no way close to what my budget was.But Cant help it what I want is unfortunately always costlier than what my pocket can afford

But finally I decided upon Cedia Sports after I took a Test Drive @ Raima Motors,Kondapur,Hyderabad.Trust I did not intend to buy a Mitsubishi car at all when I stepped into the Showroom.but the Moment I saw a black Cedia Sports accompanied by a Yellow one..my Eyes and my mouth went wide Open.Every single feature was available in the car that I was looking for so nicely and qualitatively finished and fitted.

Following were the highly impressive features:
- OZ Alloys
- MOMO steering
- Kenwood 2 din Touchscreen Player
- Stanley Leather finish Interiors all inside the Car
- Sporty Spoiler and Side Skirting on all 4 sides

The Sales Team was Very courteous and were so happy to see a Customer showing Interest and asking all sort of Technical Question and Specific Questions as if he was gonna buy it tonight itself.And that too on their lowest selling Car.

It was evening Time so they could arrange a Demo Car for me.Next weekend as Scheduled the Manager of the Showroom itself had come at my place along with his Sales Guy.The Car brought to my place was a White Cedia Sports same Model Manufacture in February 2009 and was actually their Managing Director's car..aah he mostly uses his Outlander now a days so this one is being used for Test Drives..

The Test Drive was too good and the Car truly won my heart.Quality of Speakers sounded pretty decent,Engine was very smooth and it was too silent inside the cabin.handling was good as well.I took on a rough Road on high speed to test its Suspension,It performed much higher than my expectations.I had almost made up my mind on this Car the same moment.On the way back I sat on the back to check the Rear Seat comfort.Its too low seating didn't like it much but Leg Space was just too great.On the Top the Manager named Balraaj promised me that he would get the Thigh Support Increased for me.He said he would have the Stanley guys come at my place and do it for me.He has got the same thing done for other Cedia customers as well.That's a different Story that he hasn't done that even today when it has already been 3 Months + since I bought this Car.I would have called him up like 200 hundred times by now but No go ,keeping up on committments is not in his dictionary.

Finally on the Last Day I made up my mind and Started the Process of Loan from Axis bank through Raima Motors itself.Though I did not pay any booking amount but Loan Application itself considered as booking only.Axis Bank did not approved only 65% Loan on the Car stating reason as Low Resale Value would make it difficult for them to recover their Money in case if I come out to be a faulty Customer.Same story went through HDFC Bank as well.At last the Dealer applied for SBI Loan without my Notice as an attempt to see if we can get a higher Loan Amount.We had almost lost the hopes and had assumed that the deal is not going to work out.But amazingly SBI approved 85% Loan without even a Single Verification done for my Residence or anything.All other Banks were doing so much of verification because I am Bachelor staying away and alone from my Hometown and that involves a risk of me running away without paying their loan.

Loan Process through SBI was tough though had to walk up to the bank for every small thing.They don't call you ,they don't come at your door steps.You have to go and sit there and Wait for them hours and hours to get your work done like a typical Government Office.
Finally we got the cheque at 5.30PM in our hands.Yes by we I mean Me and Mr.Balraaj who used to take me to the Bank every Morning on his Car for 3 consecutive days to ge the Loan done.Well that's the extra effort he had to pay for working with not so popular brand Mitsubishi And it was his links and contacts through which he got the Loan approved.Hats' off to him for that.He Infact was ready to deliver the car the moment we had got the loan approved,though we didn't had cheque with us.By I didn't take the car till the Day Cheque was with him to avoid any last moment Issues by the Bank.

Finally the day was there when I was supposed to get my babe delivered to me as Promised on a Monday morning @ 10AM.The weekend before it was the longest one I had in my life waiting for Monday to come.I never ever even wait for a Monday to come.I wish all days were weekends :).I reached the showroom @ 11AM intentionally to give them an extra hour to get the car ready.I had asked to fit the Parking sensors with Rear Cam on it,but unfortunately they started the fitment at 12noon and it took like 5hrs for them to finish their work.By that Time Hyderabad was drowning in heavy rainfall.I had to wait for 2hrs at the showroom waiting for the Rain to stop but no that Night Hyderabad saw the heaviest rainfall of the season.We did the pooja and coconut breaking thing in the basement of the showroom at 7.30PM.At last I had to get the Car out as it was 8PM already.I got out of the showroom and joined the traffic and covered 3kms of Distance from Kothaguda Circle till Madhapur Police Station in 2.5hrs Now you can Imagine the Force with which it rained and the Traffic jam it caused.So Overall Day 1 was not so good.

But the moment I had this Machine in my Hands it made me forgot all the runs I made here n there.It was just worth it.

Accessories I got in my Car So far(Yes So far there's a long way to go,I already have a huge list prepared):
- Parking Sensors with Rear Cam
- JBL GT5-S205 Speakers
- Infinity Ref5030cs Components
- JBL GT5-S644 (Made a mistake on that should have gone for GTO Series.My Bad)
- JBL GT5-1204BR Bass Reflex
- Door Visors (Black)
- 3M Sun Protection Films (35%)
- 3M (C1000) Antiglare Film on the Windscreen
- Underdashboard LEDs that Light up on Opening the doors

Accessories planning to get fitted in Near future:
- Kenwood Bluetooth Adapter
- GPS Nav Kit
- HID Head Lamps

My Driving Experience for First 6000Kms:
----------------------
Dude this car rocks.Amazingly Smooth and powerful.So Far I had an experience revving this car from Hyderabad-Mumbai- Hyderabad and Hyderabad-Bangalore-Bangalore. I touched 190km/hr on Pune-Mumbai Express Way and Hyderabad-Kurnool Highway and Stayed on that speed for a pretty while whoopiee it just didn't had any vibrations at all.The more you push the accelerator the more it wants you to push her as if its asking you "That's it boy?" . Its really a very very stable car on high speeds and speedy turns.Engine being silent all the time.
In a Nutshell I would list out following Good Points about the Car: :thumbs up

- Smooth Clutch Operation
- Stability and Grip on the Road on High Speeds as well
- Lesser Gear Shifts Required.Pick up is good so it can easily pick up on 4th Gear itself from Low Speeds
- Amazing Leather Quality Inside.I Prefer Black Interiors than Beige
- Quality of Interiors and Exteriors is just too good as compared to what others in this Segment provide
- Excellent Boot Space
- Disk Brakes on all 4 wheels gives an amazing braking experience.Even Sudden Breaking on high Speeds keeps Car firm on the road without losing Control
- Great Boot Space
- Heavy built of the Car(My woofer Effect gets Reduced due toe the heavy n thick Metal Plate in the Rear Tray Area)

Mileage I am getting is 11.2 in City and 13.5 on highways both with Full Time AC Turned ON

Within city Car is a Boom.Doesn't let you realize on most of the major bumps and portholes on the way.Suspension is just too cool.AC is very Powerful,as if its especially made for Indian Climatic Conditions.

Points I didn't like :
- Hard Gearshifts (Mitsubishi guys at workshop,Gears are usually hard in Sports Cars.What an Answer.) I guess that problem might get fixed after some time as I have done only 6000kms so far
- Tight Steering.
- Low Seating on Rear Set
- No Thigh Support on Rear Seat
- My biggest problem is the 'Air Circulation mode" that keeps changing Automatically in this Car.Even if the AC is OFF,the Circulation Mode button light would go off and it would Start inhaling the outside Air into the Car.Whether AC ON or OFF,it just does the same.Workshop guys say that's by Design as it is an Automatic Climate Control.How Idiotic
- Remote Central locking does not have a buzzer to make a Sound when Operated to Lock/Unlock the vehicle
- Average looking Speedometer with Typical Indica Green Light
- Driver Side Power Windows has Auto 'Down' but not auto 'Up'
- A Silly one here,to check the Tyre Pressure on the Spare wheel you need to take it out of the Boot coz its positioned upside down to be able to tighten it
- No Space for tits and bits inside the car.No Rear door pockets,No Bottle holders in the rear.Front bottle holders if occupied disturb when shifting gears

My Overall comments about this car would be that its a Pure VFM Car.Mitsubishi is selling it on such huge discounts just because their's is not a successful Brand in India just because of the poorest possible marketing by Hindustan Motors.

Let me be the first to congratulate you. And yes, please put up some pics.

Congrats on your purchase. Upload some pics asap.

Black Cedia, No Pics!! Torcherous! Congrats mate and please do the needful!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedizen (Post 1662771)
Accessories planning to get fitted in Near future:
- Kenwood Bluetooth Adapter
- GPS Nav Kit
- HID Head Lamps

The new cedia comes equipped with a navigation system.

BLACK CEDIA and no photos !!!!!
i say thats plain sacrilege cedizen. please do the needul ASAP.
and yes the only pain on an otherwise gem of a car is the low rear seat.
But it has class leading driver dynamics and a very revv happy engine to make it up for you.
Congrats on a great purchase.
And is it my lack of attention or you have omitted the price breakup on the beast ? whats the final deal you got mate ?

Thats one superb car you ve bought.:thumbs up It will surely satisfy your need for performance and power. One question here. You mentioned Huge Discounts. Could you please share the actual On Road Price and the discount you got above it.
Also, like the others are saying, pictures please...

congratulation on your new ride cidezen. As everyone has said before me where are the pictures man. No review is complete without the pictures so hurry up.wish you a happy and safe motoring.

Congrats Cedizen. That's a 'great' decision in buying a Cedia.

Enjoy your ride and drive safe.

ps: hope you have completed 2 rounds of service by now, hows' the service centre experience and the costs involved.

Congratulations on your Japanese Possession.
And Please dont torture us by not putting up the pics :)

Cedia Sports black :D Drool matter. I was driving down today and was 'again' dreaming of owning a Cedia. Later sometime I had one for my company for couple of kilometers. Nice car, sad about bad marketing and price ( missed my budget by 75k)

Pix ?

I guess you should have changed tyres as Cedizens here have found better tyre combination for this warrior.

Very unbiased write up. Do keep us informed now and then with updates.

OT; your Swift for your dad? Reminds me of the new Swift advt :p

Edit: Skoda 1.9 Petrol?

Pics!! Pics!! Pics!!
Cedia always puts a smile on my face whenever i spot one on the road. I can only imagine how it looks in black. Post pics of the beast soon man, and ofcourse heartiest congratualtions!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rg_chn (Post 1662883)
The new cedia comes equipped with a navigation system.

Yes it does but the one I have is a Model prior to the RalliArt one so did not get the GPS Maps from Company and needs to be purchased separetely :deadhorse

Hello Guys,

Thanks a Ton to all for your Replies.

My Apologies for not being able to upload the Pics.Actually Since I am Newbie my Thread needed approval before it gets posted so it wasn't allowing me to upload any pics at that time.

I will have the pics uploaded by tomorrow for sure..Trust me its worth the wait :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikoneer (Post 1663540)
Congrats Cedizen. That's a 'great' decision in buying a Cedia.

Enjoy your ride and drive safe.

ps: hope you have completed 2 rounds of service by now, hows' the service centre experience and the costs involved.

Have Completed only the First Service so Far which was @ 1000Kms..2nd once has still 3 Months to go.

I would rate my Service Experience as Good.I got it Serviced at Raima Motors,Hafeezpet,Hyderabad.I preferred waiting at the Workshop as it was Supposed to be just a Basic Checkup and the Washing.I was initially told that it would take Just 2 Hrs to Service the Vehicle but I had to wait there for 3hrs and they hadn't even started yet.Usually these guys are piled with Lot of Lancers and Pajeros' to be serviced.

The Supoervisor apologized to me for the delay and then he had me dropped ta my place and said he would get it done in 1hrs and send it to my place as I stay hardly 500mts from the workshop.Though it took anotehr 3hrs to get my car at my doorstep.

What I have observed is that these guys are Courteous and they do respect their customers and have them sit in the lunge,serve coffee/Tea waters and snacks every few minutes.Only Issue is that they are too slow and need to be reminded to about all the stuff that needs to be done multiple times.But Overall I would the Service is a lot better than what i hear from my friends having Honda and Skoda :thumbs up

I cant its excellent or Very Good coz I am used to the Maruti *** for like almost 7 Years now.The way Maruti Treats its Customers is simple out of the world.

One thing I would I observed about Services at Raima motors is that these guys also do go out of the way to fix a problem if it is small and they dont charge you for that.Also they wash my Car for free every time I reach to them even to get a bolt fixed/tightened clap:

Overall I would you need to push a little bit harder to get your work done but in the End it doesn't Even Matter.

Sorry Forgot to Mention on 1st Service I just Paid 15bugs for the Windscreen Soap Water that's it :)

Great Pics. Thanks for sharing. The 5th picture does it for me like none other. How much did you pay for the LED install ? I have seen this in quite a lot of cars lately. Purple would also look good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1664963)
Great Pics. Thanks for sharing. The 5th picture does it for me like none other. How much did you pay for the LED install ? I have seen this in quite a lot of cars lately. Purple would also look good.

Paid 1000 Bugs for the LEDs ..Got it done from Pune..All my After Market Work I got it Done from Pune..Had just gone for a Trip with a Naked Car and returned with a Totally Loaded one :cool: