Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 12:42   #1
BHPian

Fiat Punto 1.4 Emotion pack: First Service done

I finally got the servicing done. Did exceed the 3000 recommended km by a couple of hundreds though.
Heres what i got:

ASS:
I had booked for pick up and drop off by BUB, Pune . There were no major issues to point as well so thought paying the 350 is worth rather than looking for someone to help me in dropping the car.

The cust rep on call was courteous. I called on monday and got an appt for wed. there seemed to be rush due to the long weekends.
The pickup was promptly done in the morning. I had jotted a small list of items that needed attention.

Once the car was picked up, the Fiat rep at BUB called and confirmed all the items i had listed to be checked and informed me of the cost involved. The rear wiper was broken and needed replacement.

I had not done the underbody coating(Waxol) during delivery, and after lot of going back and forward on that, i thought to get it done.
The main reason, being the road near my apt is still under construction and may take a long time to finish. A few times, there have been belly kissing the rubble.

They charged some 300 for wheel alignment. I am not sure that was covered in 1st free service, but the CSR insisted, it is not.
Would like to know from other punters.

All in all about 4K of cost .

The drop off was a bit of a let down as the car was not ready to be delivered in the evening as promised. The reason, the underbody was not yet dry. The next day morning delivery was also delayed by a couple of hours.

Overall the job was a decent one.

Drive Experience after the 1st Service:

The drive is a refined one for sure. I have read other reports on the forum about the same. But i am not sure if it has really improved or its the way every car feels after servicing. There is even lesser noise in the cabin, may be cause of the underbody coat (?)

I just did a Full tank on the same, so would share the FE figures after the first service.
Old 5th January 2010, 09:31   #2
BHPian

My first service is due on the 7th.

- Did you get a complete oil change or a top up?
- Did they have to carry out a replacement for the clutch parts as indicated in the other threads?
- What other service elements were responsible for the 4K cost?
Old 5th January 2010, 10:42   #3
BHPian

paritosh2k, congratulations on your new punto.

About the 3000 kms servicing, if you could post the bill details about what all was charged and work done, it could help. But 4k for alignmnet + drop & pick up + underbody treatment + wiper sounds ok.

Coz the under body treatment (anti rust - wurth) cost me some Rs. 3,000. And that was my 1st servicing bill amount, where the alignment was done for free.

BTW, as for the alignment, it is suppose to be free, its mentioned behind the 1st servicing coupon.
Amogh was also charged Rs. 300 for the alignment, but later got a re-fund after he bought it to their attention. I guess it was BUB, pune.

Aashay.
Old 5th January 2010, 11:05   #4
BHPian

Malik Cars in Hyd too charged me Rs 350 for wheel alignment. When i showed him the coupon, he said it isn't supposed to be free rather they are the particulars that needs to be inspected...

I'll try to get a refund the next time..
Old 5th January 2010, 11:25   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarenes View Post
My first service is due on the 7th.

- Did you get a complete oil change or a top up?
- Did they have to carry out a replacement for the clutch parts as indicated in the other threads?
- What other service elements were responsible for the 4K cost?
It was oil top up of 500 ml. They charged for 500 ml only. That bit was bit surprising as i had read that they typically charge for the entire 1L and return back the unused ones.

There was no replacement of the clutch parts. When i had explicitly asked, the service agent mentioned, my car did not need it. I got the car in last week of Sep 09.
I am trying to figure out how to cross verify if really dont need the replacement. Planning to email fiat on the same.

I dont have the bill handy but the following are approx costs.
The chargeable items were
- Rear wiper + installation 309+150
- Oil Top up - 290 ( brand selinia)
- Under body coating 2530 (waxol)
- Front Wheel Alignment check and adjust- 300
- Pick up and drop off - 300
- Plus taxes which i am yet to understand
- VATon parts (12.5%) ,Service Tax 10% ,Education Cess 2%,S&HE cess 1%

Thanks Aashay
Quote:
BTW, as for the alignment, it is suppose to be free, its mentioned behind the 1st servicing coupon.
Amogh was also charged Rs. 300 for the alignment, but later got a re-fund after he bought it to their attention. I guess it was BUB, pune.

Just posted the details of the bill.
I argued on the alignment cost as it was mentioned behind the coupon. But it does mention it as CHECK and not ADJUST.
In my case the bill states it front wheel check and adjustment.
Although the charge does not sound right. Will try checking with BUB and may be fiat as well.
Old 5th January 2010, 12:34   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paritosh2k View Post
There was no replacement of the clutch parts. When i had explicitly asked, the service agent mentioned, my car did not need it. I got the car in last week of Sep 09.
I am trying to figure out how to cross verify if really dont need the replacement. Planning to email fiat on the same.
I too had asked BUB, Pune about the CSC replacement for my car and they informed me that my car was not on the list. I had purchased the car in Oct 09 and the mfg date is Aug 09. Please let me know if you find a way to cross-check it.
Old 7th January 2010, 00:44   #7
BHPian

Your surname isnt Raut is it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks