Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2010, 20:59   #136
BHPian

I took the car for my first service and the service manager in Jakkur (a gentleman named Satish), promised to check if it was possible to get the VAS guy speaking again. But it looks like its not just the question of attaching a speaker to the original wiring that was left untouched. The output from the VAS (Voice Assisted system) goes into the OE system and then from there to the speakers. I'm not sure how some of the guys here have changed their HU but have still got their VAS in working condition. The JVC has no jack for the cable coming from the VAS! Anyone have any ideas? I miss the voice prompts:(
Old 24th May 2010, 23:27   #137
BHPian

Some Info on M&M dealers in Bangalore

Hi Folks,
I have been evaluating a Scorpio AT. Pramods connecteme to a number of threads on AT and I picked up quite a bit from these threads and decided that a teat drive would be the next logical step

I finally made it to India Garage, on St Marks Road Bangalore for a test drive last saturday, the sales guy was very courteous, and patient, but knew nothing about the vehicle, so much so that I asked him to explain to me the W and N options provided , he took me to a guy whom he said was the technical guy, who inturn asked the sales guy to hand me over the AT manual !! None of the folks there could explain anything about the AT and it works.

After spending 13.5 lakhs, I wonder how I can have my vehicle serviced by a bunch of nin-comp-poops!! How are they going to set right a problem if there is any?? Or is it that the bunch I met was incompetant???

I finally asked the sales guy to connect me to other AT owners in Bangalore, so that I atleast know how they have managed to keep their scorpios running , he has promised to share a few names by EOD tomorrow.

Also the offer the dealer is making in 7K corporate discount, 10K Loyalty Bonus ( if I trade in my old car) and 50% insurance premium. Any of you have managed to also wriggle out accessories as a part of the deal and some additional discounts?

I asked these folks about the sealed transmission unit in the AT which does not require any oil change through its life ( That is the way I have understood it) the guy at the service center said, that the fluid would be changed every 10k Km, I'm confused and more than that, worried. If Mahindras cannot equip their delarships to handle queries on their most expensive variant, I do not see how it can get better in the workshop!!

Would appreciate your inputs on the dealership in Bangalore, service experience from AT owners in Bangalore? And any info on the best deals around Bangalore over and above what I have mentioned

Thanks in advance
Old 25th May 2010, 10:10   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything
You have a LADY assist? A LADY??
Humphrph! In my car it was a guy.

even in my car, its a guy!
Even in my car it is a Guy!! I would love if it would have been a Lady voice prompt.
Old 25th May 2010, 10:17   #139
BHPian

We'll wait for the AT owners here to respond to gops.

In the meanwhile, I've covered 4000 kms and completed my first service. Actually not in the same order On the trip to Mangalore last week, the Scorp returned an FE of 15.07kmpl. Confession - did allow it to roll a bit

Small niggles with cruise control - doesn't engage everytime, with micro hybrid - doesn't stop everytime and with auto wiper - stops when it shouldn't!
Old 25th May 2010, 11:30   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gops2009 View Post
Hi Folks,
I have been evaluating a Scorpio AT. Pramods connecteme to a number of threads on AT and I picked up quite a bit from these threads and decided that a teat drive would be the next logical step

AT unit is sealed and AT Fluid is for life time, there is no repair for AT at any service center till now, if the AT fails they have to pack it and send it to Nashik, that why there is no info related to AT in any service center, A.S.S will only try to do the diagnosis through Computer and be in constant touch with M&M engineer while doing the diagnosis.

Hope this helps..

-Pramod.
Old 25th May 2010, 15:48   #141
BHPian

I had similar experience with a dealer in Noida. Most of these salesmen are'nt equipped with proper knowledge of the products they are selling.

Quote:
Hi Folks,

I finally made it to India Garage, on St Marks Road Bangalore for a test drive last saturday, the sales guy was very courteous, and patient, but knew nothing about the vehicle, so much so that I asked him to explain to me the W and N options provided , he took me to a guy whom he said was the technical guy, who inturn asked the sales guy to hand me over the AT manual !! None of the folks there could explain anything about the AT and it works.
Did you inquire about the delivery period of AT scorpios? I'm talking about the 2WD variant.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:23   #142
BANNED

Quote:
Would appreciate your inputs on the dealership in Bangalore, service experience from AT owners in Bangalore? And any info on the best deals around Bangalore over and above what I have mentioned
Please stay away from IG, Bangalore as they are famous for maintaining the 2nd worst M&M dealership here in terms of sales and service, I have seen numerous friends who are repenting the purchase and service there.

Sireesh Auto, the lesser said about it, the better, takes the first place, from below.

I always take Hariya to SKS and have been fully satisfied with their attitude and knowledge on all counts. In case you want any info/numbers/help please feel free to ask me.

NB: I do not work/have any personal interest in any of these dealerships.
Old 20th December 2010, 10:35   #143
BHPian

Re: My new Scorpio MHawk: Initial report

I took up Dev's challenge on SKS being the best place to service the Scorp and I have to confess that I am indeed impressed. Thanks to Dev, several of my issues have been resolved. I'm talking about issues that existed ever since I bought the car. The micro hybrid was inconsistent. It used to stop whenever it felt like and the same behavior was exibited when it tried to start! My Voice Assist has never worked ever since I upgraded the ICE and I had almost given up on hearing it ever. Both these issues were fixed over the weekend. There was also a diesel leak which was resulted because of a gasket that failed. This was also rectified at SKS. I am delighted with the wash quality here. The only area where they could improve is the time to complete the service. I was there from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. A lot of time was wasted because the ECU could not be flashed (upgrade to software) After repeated attempts (each lasting almost an hour), they finally got it right.

The car has run about 8500kms and is due for the third service at the end of the month. I have a few more niggles that I'm confident will be fixed in the next visit.

Almost every owner of a micro hybrid Scorpio I've talked to has told me that this feature is good - when it works. Well, take it SKS... they'll make you a believer just like me

I would certainly recommend SKS to all Scorpio owners. Just like Dev, my disclaimer also reads "I too don't have any personal interest in any of these dealerships...."

Last edited by triedeverything : 20th December 2010 at 10:37.
Old 29th December 2010, 15:34   #144
BHPian

How about the 'Blue vision' headlamps in the Scorpio? Are they any different from the regular halogen bulbs? I do not find much of a difference. Perhaps I was expecting blue/white light.
Old 29th December 2010, 17:26   #145
BHPian

You are right, the 'white' bulbs that came as OE didn't appear white, mostly yellow. However, when you are on the receiving end - outside the vehicle, the lights did appear to be a little whitish than the regular halogen bulbs.

Anyway, I switched to the 90/100 Philips bulbs long back.

I'm planning to get Hella or Light force fog lamps and then get it retro fitted with HID. There is someone in Delhi who does a very clean job - with projectors et al. I don't want to mess with the OE setup. Besides, this way, I can have the cake and eat it too

With the recent Pondicherry trip, the car has completed 9500 kms. I'm taking it in for the 3rd service. Here are my gripes- all minor ones:

1. Left side indicator is loose. The plastic strap that holds it in place seems to have failed. Haven't banged it anywhere.
2. Right rear power window works on and off.
3. Rear view mirror (above the dash) guard is loose. This must have happened when I installed the Huper Optik sun film in front.
4. The remote key buttons have become hard. They have to be pressed hard to lock/unlock. I wonder if it is the batteries? Anyone else face this?
5. The knob to one of the AC vents (left side passenger) is very hard and turning it off or on is a pain.
6. My alternate Nautilus horn has stopped breathing.

I recently took the extended warranty. Had to shell out another 1000 bucks for not taking it in the first 3 months. Grrrr... the lunatics didn't tell me that!

Last edited by triedeverything : 29th December 2010 at 17:35.
Old 29th December 2010, 19:53   #146
BANNED

The remote acting weird is nothing new in the Scorpio. I have been continuously facing it to such an extent that I have stopped using it altogether and go the manual way.

It should be possible to rectify it for sure else you could replace the remote under warranty.

And yes, who is the Delhi guy who fits HIDs? I m taking Hariya to Delhi next month and plan to get the conversion done if it doesn't spoil the looks.
Old 30th December 2010, 10:31   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I too have an issue with the remote acting up. Doesn't work sometimes and have to press repeatedly to get it to lock/unlock. Since it is erratic, it is hard to replicate at the dealer. If it worsens, I will get it replaced.
Old 30th December 2010, 11:07   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The remote acting weird is nothing new in the Scorpio. I have been continuously facing it to such an extent that I have stopped using it altogether and go the manual way.

It should be possible to rectify it for sure else you could replace the remote under warranty.

And yes, who is the Delhi guy who fits HIDs? I m taking Hariya to Delhi next month and plan to get the conversion done if it doesn't spoil the looks.
I have PMed you his name and number. Again, I've seen his work on two wheelers... absolutely fabulous. I haven't seen anything on cars. He says he can do it in about 3 hours time.
Old 3rd January 2011, 13:46   #149
BHPian

All issues were sorted out. Key has started working after the contacts inside were cleaned with petrol.
Nautilus is dead and has to be replaced ... sniff.
Power window motor was dismantled, reconditioned and refitted
AC vent was serviced and is operating as designed.
What I like about SKS is that they listen to you and list down all your concerns and don't try to show you how that is a non issue ... or worse... it is working as designed!
The car was given another thorough wash... something I'm impressed with ... again!

My only issue is with the system and the accessories guy. The rear speakers in the car were not working and the guy declared that all 4 channels were kaput. I took it to JVC authorized center and they showed me that they work! I'm guessing it is the wiring...
Old 3rd January 2011, 15:26   #150
BHPian

The new Scorpio VLX Remote acts pretty cranky . Works some time and doesn't work many a times .

As this works when ever scorpio dealers come to check this , not able to use it consistently .

Most Viewed