Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 10:44   #61
BHPian

Shocked..!!

Hi guys its been a while since i got my car back from Skoda after replacing the clutch pipe that had leaked just after 8 days from the delivery of the car.
The car is going great now and has done almost 1100kms.

Well i was shocked yesterday morning when i had a call from Skoda(Europa Auto ,Wakdewadi Pune).
They said the part they had replaced on 5 Jan 2010 was a temporary replacement. I was shocked

I mean at that time they told us that part they had ordered had come and they have replaced it.

But yesterday they said that the original Skoda part had arrived at the showroom( Part: Clutch Fluid Assembly Pipe)
So today i dropped the car at the showroom. They have called me in evening to pickup the car.

I am kind of confused,because if they had not replaced that part with a temporary part ,maybe from another car then my car would have been still lying in the showroom for two months !

Is this the kind of delay expected from a company like Skoda in case of such a part ?
Old 10th March 2010, 11:28   #62
Senior - BHPian

I hope the car does not give you any further problems and it's always nice to hear and read these tales as someone spending almost 15 lacs or more should be ready for the worst in case !

At least the Skoda Salesman was honest and told you the truth.

I am seeing a lot of sales of Skoda's these days. In fact Lauras & Superb's have suddenly started flying off the shelves.
Old 10th March 2010, 12:35   #63
Senior - BHPian

Interesting write up and one can really understand the anxiety and frustration.

Make sure you get it in writing, where they accept the problem and assure you of remedy or replacment in the future
Old 10th March 2010, 16:13   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKODA_RS View Post
Hi guys its been a while since i got my car back from Skoda after replacing the clutch pipe that had leaked just after 8 days from the delivery of the car.
The car is going great now and has done almost 1100kms.

Well i was shocked yesterday morning when i had a call from Skoda(Europa Auto ,Wakdewadi Pune).
They said the part they had replaced on 5 Jan 2010 was a temporary replacement. I was shocked

I mean at that time they told us that part they had ordered had come and they have replaced it.

But yesterday they said that the original Skoda part had arrived at the showroom( Part: Clutch Fluid Assembly Pipe)
So today i dropped the car at the showroom. They have called me in evening to pickup the car.

I am kind of confused,because if they had not replaced that part with a temporary part ,maybe from another car then my car would have been still lying in the showroom for two months !

Is this the kind of delay expected from a company like Skoda in case of such a part ?
Well Well Well. I was reading the thread sequentially one post after the other and had a feeling that they may have put a temporary solution. (no mention in the invoice hints it) At one time I thought they may have just taped the leaking part. But looking at this post I am shocked.
IMO doesn't this kind of failure a trigger for "recall". In Europe they may have done it but not in India. Thats where I would like to appreciate the attitude of manufacturers like Honda/Toyota/Suzuki who atleast have the guts to identify and rectify the problem.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:03   #65
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What they did was most probably "jugaad". Either ways, as long as it worked. Best for you to hurry up and get the OEM replacement part before another Laura picks it up.

I'm surprising at the turnaround time though. They took a full two months to source a failed part of a brand new car? Merc takes a maximum of 7 - 14 days for the rarest component.
Old 2nd April 2010, 10:32   #66
Team-BHP Support

It is sad to see how they're messing up their brand reptutation (or rather they don't care). Infact I read a review on topgear uk, a few months back. They mentioned that even though Skoda does not have the premium badge,they make up with their excellent backup and service. And we have the extreme opposite case here in India!
Old 24th June 2011, 23:05   #67
BHPian

Skoda RS how is your car doing now?
Old 22nd January 2013, 16:13   #68
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bought New laura1.8TSi breakdown within 8 days from delivery! EDIT: Got TSi back!

I'm now developing a feeling that the greater discount you're given, the more faulty would your new vehicle be!
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 16:36   #69
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bought New laura1.8TSi breakdown within 8 days from delivery! EDIT: Got TSi back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
I'm now developing a feeling that the greater discount you're given, the more faulty would your new vehicle be!
Haha @nitinbose ! Is that zestful inference directed to Skoda or in general?
Two of my current cars (Baleno & Figo) came with super discounts and haven't been faulty at all !
Old 22nd January 2013, 17:21   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Haha @nitinbose ! Is that zestful inference directed to Skoda or in general?
Two of my current cars (Baleno & Figo) came with super discounts and haven't been faulty at all !
I am referring to Skoda! When I was buying my Laura, there were cases of people purchasing Yeti on huge discounts and later found joint related faults at the chasis bottom!
Old 11th September 2014, 16:24   #71
BHPian

My Laura1.8TSi with a treat

Hello everyone, its been very very long since i updated the status of my laura tsi
So today i decided to pen down a few updates.

Recently i made the following changes in my Laura tsi-
1) Low beam Hid kit was present from day 1 but it had 8000k hid bulbs which were blue and useless on highways and during rains. So changed those with P8 H7 4300k Bulbs. Now visibility has improved very much.

2) Decided to put HID kit on high beams as well. SO H1 type HID kit with 6000k for high beams.

3) i was getting kind off bored of the laura as its been almost 4.5 yrs without any mod. So decided to take a plunge and Contacted Pete's.
I was almost convinced about the Stage 1 remap and Milltek Exhaust. I was really excited and did a little research by asking fellow teambhpians like ameygokhale and some other guys. Also contacted petes and enquired about stage 2 mods without the turbo upgrade and without any brake and suspension mods i.e. only ecu remap to stage 2 and milltek turbo back exhaust. When i was almost convinced for stage 2 mentioned above mods,
then one last time i decided to contact petes for a few more queries.
THen i only decided to for a Milltek Cat back exhaust as of now.
THe sound is great and i am really happy about the performance as it has reduced the wheel spin in 1st and 2nd gears and puts the power in a more linear way.

4) Body control module( unintended) - This was an unintended change as one fine day my cars right hand side indicator was continously on even when car was locked. Got the problem diagnosed at a friends garage( TUP)
Now i have ordered the BCM at Virraaj Skoda Pune. Will fit it on 13th sept 2014 at Viraaj SKoda.

5) Tyres are due to be upgraded to better and wider rubber as i am running the stock set of tyres that came with the car as my cars running is just 19.5k.Will update about the tyres soon.
Old 12th September 2014, 11:03   #72
BHPian

Re: My Laura1.8TSi with a treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKODA_RS View Post
4) Body control module( unintended) - This was an unintended change as one fine day my cars right hand side indicator was continously on even when car was locked. Got the problem diagnosed at a friends garage( TUP)
Now i have ordered the BCM at Virraaj Skoda Pune. Will fit it on 13th sept 2014 at Viraaj SKoda.
Hope this thing gets resolved ASAP!

By the way, A picture of your Milltek exhaust
Its lovely.

Bought New laura1.8TSi breakdown within 8 days from delivery! EDIT: Got TSi back!-imag0858_1.jpg
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 11:12   #73
BHPian

Re: My Laura1.8TSi with a treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Hope this thing gets resolved ASAP!

By the way, A picture of your Milltek exhaust
Its lovely.

Attachment 1286542
Thanks a lot mikon for the pic.
I had almost forgotten about uploading pics.
Will upload more pics soon about the installation
Process.
Old 27th September 2014, 15:21   #74
BHPian

hello guys, another update on BCM.
I got the new BCM installed on Laura on 13th Sept. And just within 4-5 days again the right indicator went on and stayed on. This was shocking.
Immidiately reported it to Virraj Skoda. They said drop the car for checkups.
i told them that i will not pay them even if they need to scan the car again as i have already paid them 16k for BCM. Left the car at Viraaj for 2-3 days and they came up with a solution that new BCM was a faulty piece (manufacturing defect) and it will be changed under warranty. i was like
Neways New bcm is again ordered and he said it will take 4-5 days for it to arrive. so collected the car from them. So car is now resting again with the milltek exhaust! :(
As one of my friend who owns a garage suggested not to drive the car with faulty BCM. Can anybody elaborate as to what all can happen due to faulty BCM?
Will keep you all updated .
SKODA_RS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 18:00   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Why did the original BCM fail? I think this should be investigated first.
If there is some issue with the wiring or grounding or anything else, the new BCM may also fail.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks