Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 11:19   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Is someone keeping track of the number of?
  1. Brand new Skodas breaking down
  2. Skoda customers cheated by Skoda A.S.S
Write a simple article on T-BHP consolidating the details with pictures e-mails etc, distribute them to Auto Magazines, newspapers and television channels. There should be couple of cars out there which hav also met the same fate and not reported like in T-BHP.

Buyers shouldn't be treated like this after paying so much money afterall!
Old 7th January 2010, 11:28   #32
BHPian

Its really shocking to see such quality issues in a premium car like Laura. An oil feed line cannot leak like that so easily unless there is a serious flaw. but if clutch line was leaking, how come it was not noticed. I am sure it would have left a mark in your garage. Since its a brand new car, get all the fluids checked just to be sure.. You must write a strong worded letter/ email to Skoda top bosses. This is shocking and becoming too regular to see broken down Lauras. Good luck with your car and I hope you wriggle out some compensation in form of extended warranty or some thing like that.
Old 7th January 2010, 12:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

People,
A new car breaking down is surely not a pleasant sign. But instead of going overboard, let us also analyse the fact how effectively Skoda has tried to resolve the issue (if at all it has).

Rather than complaints and similar, the best thing the owner can do is ask for free additional warranty. If not on the entire car, at least on the Clutch and other components which may suffer damage due to the oil leakage. It goes without saying that the same has to be in writing. The dealer usually may not have the authority to give you this. Ask the dealer to hook you up directly to the Skoda rep and get the needful done. the best place to do this is the Showroom manager's cabin.
Old 7th January 2010, 12:50   #34

Very Sad indeed! I can understand the excitement a new car buyer would have, as in India, we love our cars and pets the way we love our family members. This is just like a new born baby getting ill in the first 8 days of birth!

Anyhow, IMO, the best way forward is to keep pushing the senior guys at the workshop, so that atleast they do a good job. It was never their fault, but they're the ones who can actually repair it and make it virtually trouble free for future.

Also, as recommended earlier, it is a fit case for demanding compensation by way of an extended warranty. I'm sure senior guys at Skoda, or even a hard talk with the senior Sales Guy at the dealer should help.

Best of Luck mate!

Fore_Runner
Fore_Runner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2010, 12:53   #35
BHPian

sorry for you buddy for the ordeal that you have to go through. It's a real shame on Skoda and its hightime somebody shakes them up for good.

Now, what's going to be your call on this. We do not know if this is the only problem or the start of a series of problems.

I would suggest you discuss with the skoda dealer on what should be done in case any other problems crop up. better still talk to a lawyer on the consumer rights

skoda should be beaten up
Old 7th January 2010, 13:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

Well first of all, don't worry too much. If the diagnosis is correct, then it should be a problem that can easily be resolved. I'm sure you'll have good fun with the car once its in ship shape.

It definitely isn't acceptable for a new car to have such a problem and you can certainly demand an explanation from Skoda. But beyond that, don't worry too much about it and don't let it spoil your excitement with the new car.
Old 7th January 2010, 13:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

This brings us to a stupid email fwd usually circulated:
Computer giant IBM decided to have some parts manufactured in Japan as a trial project.
In the specifications, they set out that they will accept three defective parts
per 10,000.

When the delivery came in there was an accompanying letter.
"We, Japanese people, had a hard time understanding North American business practices.

But the three defective parts per 10,000 have been separately manufactured and
have been included in the consignment. Hope this pleases you."

I guess we can club Europe with North America.

Frankly, such defects shouldn't arise at such an early stage.
Manufacturing defect warranty ensures that you don't have to pay for this, however, what about the customer agony and distress? Added to the monetary loss, because you are compelled to make separate travel arrangements?

Of course I believe that this might be one-off incident, that unfortunately happened to you. However, ppl should really get over this all German engineering reliability thing.
Old 7th January 2010, 22:21   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Who is the dealer you brought the car from?
Dealer name Europa Auto from Wakdewadi.
Old 8th January 2010, 11:49   #39
BHPian

Got TSi back from showroom after 5 days (Mods-edit the thread to this title)

Hi guys i was so excited yesterday when a call came from skoda showroom, that our car was ready and. I immidiately called my dad and told him this. We actually had no hopes of getting the car for atleast 10-12 days.
As the service guy that told this is rare problem and part which we require must be ordered from Aurangabad.

As they had called, so we went to the showroom at around 5 pm. Then the service personal attended us. He explained what exactly the problem was and how it was taken care of. I think he had done his H.W.

He said this is the first car to have such a problem at 220kms on the odo. He also said that it must have been from the start. He then asked us if had a habit of driving on half clutch. My dad was like hey this is my 12th car and i know well about cars and how to drive them. Then he said sorry sir but some people have that habit so i just asked. Then he continued saying- the leak was minor but as you operated the clutch, the hydraulic pressure of the clutch started reducing. As a result the clutch was getting stuck in the middle. And maybe the fault or leak was from the start but it was so minor that it could not be detected in the PDI.

Then he said sir, you just have to pay the brake fluid chargeres. My dad was said ok. But i said isnt'nt this also included in the warranty as it was your fault?
Service guy answered, sir the labour and the cost of the part is in warranty but not the oil. So you will have to pay just the oil chargers that is Rs 375 only.

I was still not convinced and was trying to talk about it more but my dad said it was ok, leave it. So i was silenced.

Then after the payment they took a satisfaction note from us that our car was repaired and we were satisfied about it and were ready to take the delivery.

But when we told them that in the invoice we want you to write that clutch oil pipe replaced they were a little hesitant. They said- Sir that invoice is made now we cannot change it.
But the invoice only had this- Clutch oil Replaced.

We said you must change the invoice then. Then he agreed and edited the invoice in which he wrote-

1)Clutch oil pipe replaced
2)Clutch pipe replaced.

While the invoice was being edited the sales guy who sold us the car came and apologized to us. He said such a thing till date has never happened to any of our cars and i am sorry that within 8 days your car had be brought here by a towing crane.

He also said such a thing or any sort of problem wont happen again.
To my shock he told me that-You should write an e-mail to the higher skoda officials about the problem your car had. He also said that I should not be telling this to you but since you a good customer you should do that. Then I told them that I have heard that upper officials of skoda don't respond to e-mails. He said they will respond.
Then Skoda people will call the sales guy who sold the car and ask him questions. Then he said he will open his mouth and tell them our case. He also told us to write an e-mail in a strict and angry language so that they would respond quickly.

Then we were happy.
So because of t-bhp I was cautious on the delivery and I almost checked everything from disc brakes, rims, windows, xenon lights, fogs, a/c, odometer, tail lights, doors, boot, spare wheel.

I think everything was in it place and nothing seem to be changed or hampered in any way at least by seeing it.
Then I was a happy man.
After hearing all the horrors about skoda dealships i was i am glad this is a good dealer.
So we got inside the car and drove off like a rocket. It was that feeling again after 5 long days. That solid power going to the 195/65 R15 Goodyear NCT 5, and sudden Turbo Surge !

Most important-Thanks a ton to all the guys who supported me from t-bhp.
Advised me what to do and helped with the e-mail addresses.

Will Keep give a report on the car is doing at 1000 kms.
And at the end of the day Skoda need an applause

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th January 2010 at 12:00. Reason: Character restriction so couldnt add more in the title. You can use Report post to get in touch with mod team in future. :)
Old 8th January 2010, 12:02   #40
Team-BHP Support

Congrtaz Skoda RS! This was a happy ending atleast, do keep all the documentation safe for any future reference or escalations, hope you will not require to do the same.

Atleast the dealer was courteous enough, glad to hear things are changing on this front.

cheers
Jaggu
Old 8th January 2010, 12:15   #41
Team-BHP Support

Technically, you should not have to pay for the clutch fluid. If the pipe had not come off, the oil would not have leaked out. Loss of fluid is collateral damage due to faulty workmanship.

Also riding the clutch is nothing to do with this.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:26   #42
BHPian

Thanks jaggu. Hopefully problems have ended and my next visit to the showroom would be at 15,000 kms or 1 Year that is the recomended period for 1st servicing by Skoda.
Yeah dealer was helpful enough.

@ajmat- I know man,i was hesitant to even pay that 375 Rs. But even the sales guy told my father that sir you must pay the oil charges.

Haha and afterall its a skoda dealership so the service guy did try to put the blame on us assuming that we did not know anything about cars and how they work by saying do u do clutch riding,such a stupid fellow.

Later on when I asked my dad that why did he agree on paying the oil charges?
Dad said if any more major problems arise later on atleast the sales and the service guy would be from our side that customer is genuine and will keep us in a Gentlemen's customer list if they have one.
I was like WOW. That's wise thinking.

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th January 2010 at 12:56. Reason: Hey remember back to back posts! Either use multi quote or wait for appoval to edit original post! Thanks
Old 8th January 2010, 12:35   #43
BHPian

Firstly : Congratulation on getting your car back
Secondly : We all hope this will be a minor niggle & you will have smooth & enjoyable ownership of your wonderful car.
Old 8th January 2010, 13:54   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKODA_RS View Post
Will Keep give a report on the car is doing at 1000 kms.
And at the end of the day Skoda need an applause
Applaud for what? These is a serious problem - what if you were on highway and were stranded middle of nowhere? What if you were to rush to a hospital for an emergency and this happened?
Companies like Skoda don't change and that's probably because of this attitude.
Probably they should be applauded for manufacturing a car which broke down on 220th Km and 8 Days.
sonirohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2010, 14:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

Applaud for doing the least that they could/should
With Skoda's past history, even if they just do their job correctly, it is appreciable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks