Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:55   #106
BHPian

Zoom_vroom, like I said, my review was an SX4 owners view of the ANHC. Can it ever be agreed by an ANHC owner? Thanks though for not disputing some of the other more relevant points around braking and value proposition. I do have a few counter-arguments to what you've written, and I've tried to be as objective as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
1. SX4's ride is pathetic and the rear passengers are thrown left and right while cornering
Disagree on the statement made, however the SX4 suspension is a bit stiff.

Why doesn't one of the ANHC owners finally prove just how good ANHC is, by taking it off-roading, or aleast on rural terrain and post the video of the ride?

Quote:
2. I can't agree to you that ANHC has a noisy engine. Believe me i own a ANHC -VMt and you have to look at RPM needle to see if the car is running or not at traffic signals
How about this - I have a noise-meter app in my Nokia-5800 (d/l from noisetube.com). I'll measure the decibel level [dB(A)] and post my readings for the SX4, can you do the same for the ANHC.

Quote:
3. Honda cars age well compared to Maruti. I test drove a 5000 km's run SX4 ZXI (VVT) model and felt that it seemed much older than the odometer readings. I own a Wagon R and the car seems good to drive only for a week after service and beyond that it starts to rattle.
My friends Honda City with 65K on the odo doesn't rattle at all.Only slight noise from the left side door.
Doesn't rattle at all doesn't go with slight noise. Anyway, for what its' worth, my SX4 is ~2500 kms old and has zilch rattles.

Quote:
4. ANHC is more fuel efficient than SX4 and i can say that coz my car is giving 13.2 kmpl in the first tankful itslef. All driving in Delhi-NCR.
Dude - do the math, a km saved per litre will probably finance you a steering cover at best and that too after a year of driving!!! I sincerely don't understand why anyone should give so much importance to saving ~3K bucks in a year after having spent 1M on car and another 40K on fuel, when they could have saved a good 300K in the first place by choosing the right car.

Quote:
Please have a detailed test drive again and i sincerely hope it might change your views about the ANHC. The monthly sales figures justify some of my observations too.
Anyways enjoy the SX4, its a great car to own feels more car per rupee spent.
Last I checked, the monthly sales figures for City were headed south with a lot of momentum.
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:38   #107
BHPian

I too agree with Fornax that there is no rattles. The engine is very smooth and for the size of this car before the first service I was getting about 13.75kmpl. Which I thought was very good which I guess beats your ANHC which gives about 13.2 kmpl. I think each car has its plus and minus. I guess people have that perception that SX4 mileage is very bad and it rattles a lot. But in reality it isnt
Old 22nd April 2010, 15:32   #108
BHPian

@Fornax - Hey friend, i didn't intend to start a debate on this. But when it comes to fuel efficiency, i meant to say you get a more refined petrol engine in ANHC which gives superior mileage too.I totally agree that City can't handle rural roads like an SX4 can. But the SX4 didn't enthuse me much when i went for a test drive. Honda just blew me away with its looks and enthusiastic engine.My family didn't like the way SX4 treated them around corners and that just broke the deal for me.

Anyways have a great time with SX4. Its a great car and i wish you a million miles of happiness with it.
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:57   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprateep View Post
Now the surprise - I half expected my baby to return 10-12 km/l initially - I have maintained the list of petrol transactions from day 1(delivery when the car ran out of petrol at the dealership itself) to present. Saturday figures claim that over a 30 day ownership period my baby has returned 1648 kms and consumed around 113.5 (one decimal place marked) litres of fuel retruning over 14.5 km/liter (50 hwy+ 50 city driving in Pune).
Those are good figures. I am getting between 11.5 kmpl - 12.5 kmpl with 100% city driving wil 100% ACC use.
Old 24th April 2010, 07:00   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Man you just blasted the ANHC when compared to SX4. Agree that SX4 is more VFM compared to ANHC and has more features at a lesser price tag but:
1. SX4's ride is pathetic and the rear passengers are thrown left and right while cornering
2. I can't agree to you that ANHC has a noisy engine. Believe me i own a ANHC -VMt and you have to look at RPM needle to see if the car is running or not at traffic signals
3. Honda cars age well compared to Maruti. I test drove a 5000 km's run SX4 ZXI (VVT) model and felt that it seemed much older than the odometer readings. I own a Wagon R and the car seems good to drive only for a week after service and beyond that it starts to rattle.
My friends Honda City with 65K on the odo doesn't rattle at all.Only slight noise from the left side door.
4. ANHC is more fuel efficient than SX4 and i can say that coz my car is giving 13.2 kmpl in the first tankful itslef. All driving in Delhi-NCR.

Please have a detailed test drive again and i sincerely hope it might change your views about the ANHC. The monthly sales figures justify some of my observations too.
Anyways enjoy the SX4, its a great car to own feels more car per rupee spent.

IMO a Honda City would hit the bumps and potholes as much (bad GC) as an SX4 would throw its rear passengers. So it pretty much evens out. Both the cars are good vehicles and have their own pros and cons so lets cheers
Old 26th April 2010, 10:00   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
@ Paleo, I recently purchased an SX4 in Gurgaon and did not avail (nor was i eligible) any corporate discount or any exchange bonus. Yet I managed to get the insurance and third year extended warranty free along with a 25k discount. also got the rear parking sensor, 3m sun film, art leather seats, mats and leather steering cover for free. So IMO you surely can milk them for much more. best of luck

Just wanted to thank all for the inputs. Booked a black zxi MT at MY CAR Pune yesterday. Got total discounts of 25 K plus corp disc plus 5K cash disc plus 5K worth accessories and 20 K exchange bonus. Booked the black and have asked for the skirts )if they give it for 20K). Will update / start a thread with details.....
Old 26th April 2010, 10:37   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
Just wanted to thank all for the inputs. Booked a black zxi MT at MY CAR Pune yesterday. Got total discounts of 25 K plus corp disc plus 5K cash disc plus 5K worth accessories and 20 K exchange bonus. Booked the black and have asked for the skirts )if they give it for 20K). Will update / start a thread with details.....
Congratulations Paleo on your new buy!

Overally the deal sounds very good. Now time to open a thread for your ownershp reports.
Old 4th May 2010, 06:53   #113
BHPian

SX4 hatch

I am in new york for a few months and could not believe my eyes when i saw the very car I drive in hatch form parked opposite the american museum of natural history.

The interiors were not quite different from the indian version, but the bumper sure was. Here is the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
SX4 ZXi MT – 2010 – Nuevo Ownership Review-sx4hatch.jpg  

Old 4th May 2010, 18:31   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
I am in new york for a few months and could not believe my eyes when i saw the very car I drive in hatch form parked opposite the american museum of natural history.

The interiors were not quite different from the indian version, but the bumper sure was. Here is the pic.

I quite like the American SX4's grill and bumper. Will try to get hold of the grill at least.
Old 4th May 2010, 18:39   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post

One of my friend got his A-Star delivered from Khivraj Motors in Chennai. He said he saw a hatchback version of the SX4 in the showroon. Not sure why it is been brought here. Are there any plans for a SX4 hatchback launch?
Old 11th May 2010, 16:44   #116
BHPian

I don't think Maruti would bring SX4 hatch to India, as it would be very close to the swift. Looks being the only differentiator.

Guys any ideas on picking up any accessories while in US?
Old 5th July 2010, 22:35   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
First of all congrats snb77 for a wise decision, (in case you are a petrolhead).

This is what I have experienced since the D-Day of my SX4 VVT ownership:

1. The OTR should be max INR 8.38 L after all discounts. Which dealer you have booked with ?
2. You could ask for Luster leather seat cover which is approx 8.5 K MRP and you could discount on teflon coating - not of much use as this is a repeatitive job you need to do. Which sun film you are talking of ? Make sure you have the warranty card and bill. Also choose a shade based on your car shade. Mudflaps/mats come by default and not freebies. Also make sure that you have the under chassis rubber coating done - of course free.
3. On FE, I am also driving in typical B2B traffic regularly, same 30 KM to-fro. With 90 % AC on, I have got Max - 10 kmpl and Min 8.6 kmpl. I am not a very sedate driver but not very spirited too and I am into 17th year of my driving. Not sure how people are getting 12 + as some have claimed here. However, I will take the car for FE test and post my observation in few days.
4. Tachometer helps in visually and manually maintaining the required rpm at all gear levels. Also it helps you to understand whether the car idling is correct. The RPM/Speed/Gear changing pattern has MUCH to do with better FE.
5. Attached an exhaustive PDI/PRI checklist that I had prepared form various sources. Hope it helps.

Feel free to post any querry. Happy Motoring!

BTW you could check my Ownership Report here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...perience.html.
Hey Digital Dragon,

I was planning on SX4 and in Bangalore the price of ZXi MT without exchange/loyalty is coming to 9.03 lakhs with 25k std discount and 3.5k as corp discount. So are you aware of any other discounts as price could not have changed from 8.4 to 9.03 in 3 months?
Old 5th July 2010, 22:50   #118
BHPian

I paid 8.5 lakhs OTR in vijayawada. If you or your family members own any Maruti car you can get loyalty discount. If you presently own a maruti car you get exchange bonus too. (No need to really exchange the car. They manage with some paper work.)

Don't forget that the dealer too can forego a part of his margin and offer you some discount on his own. Bargain hard and if necessary contact other dealers too.

Murthy
Old 6th July 2010, 15:43   #119
Senior - BHPian

I was getting 11km/L+ till my 3rd servicing for my 2009 SX4 Zxi MT. After the 3rd servicing, it has gone down below 10 :-(. Any idea why/how this could have happened?

Btw, I have done about 14K km, and the other main issues are niggling rattles and squealing brakes. Else I love the way the car rides over good and bad roads.
Old 6th July 2010, 18:34   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
I was getting 11km/L+ till my 3rd servicing for my 2009 SX4 Zxi MT. After the 3rd servicing, it has gone down below 10 :-(. Any idea why/how this could have happened?

Btw, I have done about 14K km, and the other main issues are niggling rattles and squealing brakes. Else I love the way the car rides over good and bad roads.
That's not a good news. I am about to go for my 3rd service. Currently I get around 11 km/L. BTW, I have noticed the same after 1st service also. Before 1st service, I was getting around 12+, but after 1st service, it is reduced to 11+. Do not know why.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks