Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2010, 18:56   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
This happened at speeds of 50 and above. We were totally three people in the car with AC on. No idea without passengers and AC off. Jasher26 (Jaideep) can check and post back.
basically the fourth gear is overdrive

acceleration is very slow in fourth (overdrive) just like most cars. third gear is a dream

moment i am in 50 - 60 kmph range i shift to fourth if its a clear road

dont know if I would stick to third above 60 kmph after the run in period
Old 9th January 2010, 19:41   #62
BHPian

@rjvora_2000 : have already paid wasan for the insurance. they said they can do it only after the rc books comes in...

Last edited by jasher26 : 9th January 2010 at 19:46.
Old 9th January 2010, 19:51   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
me still getting used to having no bonnet
Hehe, you'll get used to it pretty soon. I still remember how I used to learn driving in the Omni and then came the Estilo, with a hood.

What about the noise inside the cabin? Pretty noisy or tolerable? I heard somewhere it sounds like a rickshaw.
Old 9th January 2010, 19:56   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Hehe, you'll get used to it pretty soon. I still remember how I used to learn driving in the Omni and then came the Estilo, with a hood.

What about the noise inside the cabin? Pretty noisy or tolerable? I heard somewhere it sounds like a rickshaw.
had an omni but was below 18 then, learnt on the Armada which my dad bought after selling the omni

The noise is there but would not say its a rickshaw!!

It sounds more like a two wheeler.

engine at the back so noise in cabin is reduced drastically
Old 9th January 2010, 20:02   #65
BHPian

Quote:
had an omni but was below 18 then, learnt on the Armada which my dad bought after selling the omni

The noise is there but would not say its a rickshaw!!

It sounds more like a two wheeler.

engine at the back so noise in cabin is reduced drastically
Man, you're quick.

What about the left rear view mirror? If at all you get it done from T.A.S.S, watch out for niggles in paint, it usually doesn't match. By the way, the mirrors of the Nano are similar to that of the Spark, right?
Old 10th January 2010, 00:43   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Man, you're quick.

What about the left rear view mirror? If at all you get it done from T.A.S.S, watch out for niggles in paint, it usually doesn't match. By the way, the mirrors of the Nano are similar to that of the Spark, right?
dont know about the spark but the mirrors are one thing that I dont like about the Nano.

yes I know about the paint not matching, will be careful about it but did not know that TASS would mess it up:(
Old 10th January 2010, 10:55   #67
BHPian

I fully endorse the Nano ! When I first saw it at the Concorde showroom when I went there to pick my Punto, I was amazed at the space it offered, and by the sher engineering that has gone into it's unique development.

I picked up my Nano from the Baroda dealer (Miles Motors). It is the top-most LX version. I have no complaints except it had no cigarrete lighter to charge mobiles, bit which I quickly installed along with an old Blaupunkt player earlier removed from my Mercedes 124.

The ride at the rear is a bit harsh, but if you reduce the rear air pressure by a couple of pounds, it is passable. The car is just incredible for city "point & quirt" driving, (brings me back fond memories of my highly midified 1972 Herald !1)

I had the car driven from Baroda to Bangalore. It left Baroda on a Thursday morning at about 9.30am, and reached Bangalore (1450 Kms) by Friday afternoon 4 pm. Fuel economy:20 Km/litre, no A/c, top speed limited to between 90 Kms. INCREDIBLE ! I occasionally use it in town with complete enjoyment. All talk about build quality etc can be easily rubbished....they must prejudiced views.....!

Quote:
Hi Guys

Finally I got the delivery of the Nano from Wasan Motors yesterday. Bought it from an allottee who did not want the car. Checked all papers and paid Wasan Motors who in turn refunded the amount to the allottee. He signed the transfer forms day and all formalities were completed.

The delivery went off smoothly. Took the PDI early evening and the car was fine. First thing , got the Wasan Motors stickers removed!

Francis D'souza , the sales guy at Wasan was very helpful in the buying and delivery process.

A few stain marks were there and I got them removed. Music system , mud flaps , carpets were bought from Wasan.

Why Nano?

Dad and I almost finalized on the Ritz. He just could not accept the fact that we had to pay around Rs 4.8 lakhs for a hatch and he suddenly started talking about the D'zire (LXI) as it was only Rs 50k more than the Ritz. (He prefers a shape of a sedan).

No ways I was going to let him buy the D'zire!

The next day he told me about his friend who has an allotment letter of the Nano and he did not want to take delivery. His point was since we had sold our Accent lets buy a Nano right now and later during the year buy a sedan. It made sense but I was a little hesitant as I had not sat in a Nano.

We went to Wasan to ask about the delivery schedules as it has been delayed by 1.5 months. Francis tells us why wait for our friends allotment (Jan end) when there are a couple of allottees who did not want the car. One of the cars was right there at the showroom and I sat on the front seat. I was shocked by the amount of leg room!

Then I went on the rear seat and that was a surprise too! I told my dad this feels bigger than the i10!!

He contacted the first allottee and she confirmed she did not want the car. Got the Pay Order made and then suddenly Francis receives a call from her that she has taken a loan for the car and she wanted Rs 20k (interest amount for loan closure) as premium! Just not worth it.

Francis called the second allottee and even he confirmed he did not want the car and had not even got it registered yet. He had not booked the car on a loan. Francis arranged for the meeting and we made the deal. As said earlier we paid Wasan and they in turn refunded the amount to him.

Initial Drive

The amount of leg room just stuns me every time I sit in the car. The drive was really good. Felt different as the engine is at the back and could not hear it at all. Just the perfect car for city driving. A tall boy so for my dad it is so easy getting in and out of the car.

Love the gear ratios. Third gear just seems to be like its an automatic!

Went for a drive at night with 3 passengers on the rear seat. No complaints from them and they were comfortable. Tejas pointed out that the rear seat would feel a little hard for longer drives so will be getting the seat covers soon.

Figured that the rubber on the left front window folds a little while taking the window down. Will get it rectified.

Drive is a little bumpy but cant complaint as its not too much. Tata is giving a complete car for this price!

Will keep you guys posted as I drive along!

Thanks for all the help as I did go through a few posts of the Nano on this site before we made up our minds to buy it
Old 10th January 2010, 13:11   #68
BHPian

just got home after dropping my friends. Two 6 ft plus guys sitting behind each other. Could not take a pic. But the leg room continues to amaze me
Old 10th January 2010, 16:50   #69
BHPian

Price:
My Nano from Miles Motors Baroda was Rs 1,94,000 odd, temporary registered as I wanted it to be brought to Bangalore. Here the tax is about Rs 18,000 odd.
Fantastic value, if you ask me !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi Jasher,

Congratulations. So it is 2l plus. Some one told that it(top end) is 1.8. It is fine for that price like a scooty or bike. Please check your fuel economy and post. Please keep on posting of the performance.
Old 10th January 2010, 18:28   #70
BHPian

Nano is really India's answer to the world on building world class cars for a target price . None of us expected Nano to have so much of space inside .
Old 10th January 2010, 23:32   #71
BHPian

sat on the back seat for the first time while my friend was driving, agree with tejas about the seat being a little hard. will be getting the seat covers soon.
Old 11th January 2010, 01:40   #72

Hey Jash, Congrats on purchase of car of the year 2009, Hope we get to see many this year. It is the peppier car today on the Indian roads.
Old 11th January 2010, 09:51   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@rjvora_2000 : have already paid wasan for the insurance. they said they can do it only after the rc books comes in...
You had PM me your query which I have replayed you on my Thread under Insurance - Ask me thread.
Old 11th January 2010, 16:40   #74
BHPian

a mileage of 14.2 kmpl again

200 kms and 14 litres went in
Old 11th January 2010, 18:06   #75
BHPian

How is the visibility in the front for people of height about 5" driving Nano.

The dashboard panel looked very high up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks