Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2010, 20:58   #31

Congratulations for becoming Linean

Hearty congratulations. i am sure you will enjoy the ride and overall performance. I have completed 12000 kms since Apr last year and thoroughly enjoyed the ride- I am waiting for the 1st service to see if mileage further improves. I have gotten overall of 12.3 on petrol and peak of 13.3- No complaints so far- just admiration and fantastic performance.
Old 14th January 2010, 20:59   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
drdeepudev,

Now reverse parking sensors are available with Fiat/TASS as an approved accessory. The cost at Concorde Motors, Bangalore, was Rs 4300/-. I understand Autocop supplies that item to Fiat/TASS. If you get it fixed from TASS, you need not bother about your warranty becoming null and void. See Fiat India website for more details. Even I am thinking of going in for that.

Even for re-painting work, you can go to your TASS as exact shade will be available there to ensure pefect match.
I had contacted Concorde motors, Cochin with this request. I even told, concorde chennai and bangalore are providing that. They replied that that , they don't have any idea of that and will revert back after consulting with the management. I think il have to fight hard for earning that.. Any way I wont be installing it from outside without getting a confirmation from concorde, cochin. And yes, for paint job, im opting for TASS.
Old 14th January 2010, 21:04   #33

Congratuations!

I can assure you that you are gonna enjoy the ride as much as the admiration- I have completed 12225 kms as of date and njoyed every bit of it. Overall mileage 12.3 and peak of 13.3 .

I have V-Kool Glass [70% heat reduction costing 22K]
Xenor rear sensors [4]
Dupont Teflon coating
Leather seats [not a branded one but costs 11K]

Yatin- Palio Sports 2002-2009
Linea Emotion PK- Apr 2009
Old 14th January 2010, 21:30   #34
BHPian

Sound system in Linea.

How do you feel about the sound system in Linea? Im a bit dissatisfied with it. Its good for normal use. But once the volume crosses 18, speakers start rattling. Sound gets distorted. Wish company provided additional woofer for the extra thumb. Today I saw a guy, installing additional sub woofers and amplifier(Sony xplod) in Linea. He is one among the first linea owners in town. Amplifier was installed below the co-driver seat and woofer in the boot, just back of rear passenger seat. Whether modification like this tampers with the warrenty. The owner is not concerned about warrenty. I had a talk about it to the shop keeper. He says, nothing is going to happen to the warranty. He has installed many amplifiers in many Lineas. But, he doesn't know anything about the wire cutting issue. Any way, Im not going for it. Why to take chances?
Old 14th January 2010, 21:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Ought to check your Fiat soon

Speakers: swap with better brands. ICE section invites you.

Reverse sensor: Talk to Concorde, they have an excellent SA there, Perumal. He
knows about TBHP and couple of us ! If they cant provide, give me a call.

Do get film for front too, Kerala needs it and helps during summer. Go for Garware ICECOOL if on budget.

// Get film and amp work done from a good dealer//
Old 14th January 2010, 21:45   #36
BHPian

Deepu, good that you dont have distorded volume till 18.
The moment i cross the level of 12, the speakers are jarring.

What are your Audio settings ?
I have kept Bass @ 0; treble @ 6 and selected Jazz.

Check the settings and let me know.
Old 14th January 2010, 22:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats! Ought to check your Fiat soon

Speakers: swap with better brands. ICE section invites you.

Reverse sensor: Talk to Concorde, they have an excellent SA there, Perumal. He
knows about TBHP and couple of us ! If they cant provide, give me a call.

Do get film for front too, Kerala needs it and helps during summer. Go for Garware ICECOOL if on budget.

// Get film and amp work done from a good dealer//
I know Perumal. We had met on the day of delivery. He is quite informative. Il have a talk regarding this.
Old 14th January 2010, 22:10   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Deepu, good that you dont have distorded volume till 18.
The moment i cross the level of 12, the speakers are jarring.

What are your Audio settings ?
I have kept Bass @ 0; treble @ 6 and selected Jazz.

Check the settings and let me know.
Il let you know the settings tomorrow. So, you too feel the audio system has to be improved. Have you tried the maximum speaker volume?
Old 15th January 2010, 00:26   #39
BHPian

Hi drdeepudev, Sorry for being late. Congrats for your new Linea. Good to know that you are enjoying every bit of it. Definitely it is a head turner in our town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
Good points:
Last saturday, I travelled to Trivandrum in Linea. It was raining. Handling is superb. Total distance one way was 164kms. Average speed was 46km/hr. Fuel consumption was 19km/L.
Great. That was a good average in terms of speed and consumption.

Quote:
-Wipers were a bit squeaky.
I guess you know how Concorde guys have kept FIAT cars in their yard. You feel as a dump yard of FIAT under the hot sun while TATA cars are washed and maintained properly with wipers of all TATA cars pulled up so that it does not touch the glass. May be because FIAT is robust. Even from my wiper, there was a creepy sound produced which was taken care by Concorde.
Quote:
-Some rattling sound(minor) from the rear.
That would be probably from the rear sunscreen assembly.

Quote:
Guys, Im seriously thinking about installing reverse sensor. Found a shop near edappally, Cochin to get the work done. He said he will install it without wire cutting. It can be done by looping the rear light cluster (That's what he told). Quoated Rs3750 for the job. Didn't get into details.
Yes parking sensors are very helpful. My friend has installed both front and back (he was an early buyer and was left with no options other than to approach outside vendor). But as every others suggest, since what you require is provided by FIAT now, it is better to avoid any outside vendor jobs done in your new car at least for a while. Those people say anything to sell their product, it is your responisbility to act in the right way. Read the manual or call FIAT directly to check about the warranty before you choose an outside vendor. If ECU is damaged, I guess it will cost you a bomb.
Regarding paint job, Others do trial and error method to find the right mix of the color, which at the end makes your car look odd. Do not take risks with the skin of your beauty. Treat her royally. Take care of her like a princess.

Quote:
Today I saw a guy, installing additional sub woofers and amplifier(Sony xplod) in Linea. He is one among the first linea owners in town. Amplifier was installed below the co-driver seat and woofer in the boot, just back of rear passenger seat. Whether modification like this tampers with the warrenty. The owner is not concerned about warrenty.
Who was the Linea guy installing amp ? Was it another minimal grey Dynamic Pk or a black Emo Pk ?
Quote:
I had a talk about it to the shop keeper. He says, nothing is going to happen to the warranty.
Again shopkeepers job is to sell.
Quote:
He has installed many amplifiers in many Lineas. But, he doesn't know anything about the wire cutting issue. Any way, Im not going for it. Why to take chances?
This is the usual sentence told by any shopkeeper. Even if its a Bentley, they will say that they have installed in many other Bentleys.

Hope you got used to the menu and other settings like changing units etc.
Old 15th January 2010, 10:58   #40
BHPian

congrats on the LINEA..i have the same colour Punto Dynamic diesel..very happy with it.You can see it here
My Punto
Old 15th January 2010, 20:50   #41
BHPian

Who was the Linea guy installing amp ? Was it another minimal grey Dynamic Pk or a black Emo Pk ?

Hope you got used to the menu and other settings like changing units etc.[/quote]

The guy was having a black emotion. He has installed alloy wheels, a look alike of ours. He said he is the first person to have linea in town. Has a fancy number 444. You should have seen him.
Yes, I got used to the menu.
You will know the shop where I saw it getting installed. Raagam near Boat jetty.
Old 15th January 2010, 20:53   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
congrats on the LINEA..i have the same colour Punto Dynamic diesel..very happy with it.You can see it here
My Punto
Thank you vignesh, saw the car. Good choice. Happy motoring.
Old 16th January 2010, 14:15   #43
BHPian

Quote:
The guy was having a black emotion. He has installed alloy wheels, a look alike of ours. He said he is the first person to have linea in town. Has a fancy number 444. You should have seen him.
Oh cool, I know him. Guess what ? Mine will be the first Emotion Pk in town, and 3rd Linea in town Yes he is the first guy in town to own a Linea and ever since that, has never been out of it. Like many fellow BHPians, he has covered 15K in just 3 months.

Quote:
Today I saw a guy, installing additional sub woofers and amplifier(Sony xplod) in Linea.
I prefer JBL over Sony Xplod, eventhough there are many other better brands. I'm comparing JBL and Xplod just because those are the popular brands, having good after sales support in our area or atleast Eranakulam.

Once I was in a research of selecting a good sound system. At Bangalore, I got a chance to meet a very good sound expert. I found very huge price difference with JBL and Xplod. ie, JBL Oval 300 W speaker was priced higher than Xplod 400 W speaker. I asked him why is it so ? Then he asked me what you prefer, just high volume or quality sound ? I said quality sound. Then the guy smiled and said, dude, I'll give you a demo of both. You decide which is good. Still I was thinking that he had some inclination towards the brand JBL. I got a chance to experience the sound system of both Xplod and JBL, by playing various tracks in different settings. Man, let me tell you that definitely there is a difference in the sound from JBL and Xplod. I felt, the depth and clarity of the sound is much better in JBL than Xplod. Pardon me Xplod fans. I feel JBL is far better in sound system, but Xplod is cheaper and average that serves good for many.
Old 16th January 2010, 20:38   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsarath View Post
I prefer JBL over Sony Xplod, eventhough there are many other better brands. I'm comparing JBL and Xplod just because those are the popular brands, having good after sales support in our area or atleast Eranakulam.

Once I was in a research of selecting a good sound system. At Bangalore, I got a chance to meet a very good sound expert. I found very huge price difference with JBL and Xplod. ie, JBL Oval 300 W speaker was priced higher than Xplod 400 W speaker. I asked him why is it so ? Then he asked me what you prefer, just high volume or quality sound ? I said quality sound. Then the guy smiled and said, dude, I'll give you a demo of both. You decide which is good. Still I was thinking that he had some inclination towards the brand JBL. I got a chance to experience the sound system of both Xplod and JBL, by playing various tracks in different settings. Man, let me tell you that definitely there is a difference in the sound from JBL and Xplod. I felt, the depth and clarity of the sound is much better in JBL than Xplod. Pardon me Xplod fans. I feel JBL is far better in sound system, but Xplod is cheaper and average that serves good for many.
You are right.. The same reply was recieved, when asked to compare both the brands. I too prefer JBL over xplod. So, I should know in which place my Linea is in our town. Today few of the bhpians met in Alleppey beach. We missed you. One more Linea has arrived in our town with a temp reg. From RF. Its raining Lineas.
Old 16th January 2010, 20:50   #45
BHPian

Blue & me & me.

Just to write a note about Blue & Me. I feel it is the most useful thing in Linea. Especially for a person like me, who recieve lots of phone calls. The sound clarity is superb and the person whom we are talking to wont understand that we are using this facility. Pairing is only done for the first time using pin numbers and no need of going through the process again. It is automatically connected once the car is on. Its quick and hassle free.
Problems I faced :
-Could not update the phone book. What can be the reason? I was informed that, my phonebook will be large. Hence it cannot be updated. It has around 700 contacts. Is that the reason? My phone model is Nokia N73 ME.
-Message reading facility could not be supported by my phone model. Could you guys suggest some model which supports both facilities.
There are no other issues. Im happy in all other things.

Most Viewed