Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 20:40   #1
BHPian

Fiat Linea Emotion pk MJD - Owner's pride, neighbour's envy.

Hello All,

I got my Fiat Linea Emotion pk MJD delivered on 5th January, 2010 from Concorde motors, Cochin. The overall experience was thrilling and gave pure joy. There were a few issues with the HDFC finance like delay in verification and processing time, but got cleared. I will come to that issue later in detail.

I reached the showroom at around 4pm. I had done the PDI before and the thread from team bhp came handy. There was a bit delay for the paper works. I don't blame the showroom people for that. Actually, I was enjoying each and every minute of stay in the showroom. Moreover, I was not in a hurry to reach home (64kms from the showroom). There were lot of vehicles to be delivered. The staff was very cordial and tried to keep us pampered.

Finally, at around 8pm that day, I had the chance to drive it home. My sales executive (Austine) was not present during delivery due to marriage of his sister, but promised to meet me on the way. As promised, he waited for me and I gave the key to him. Austine also gave details of the car. He tried to wash the front glass, but only the wipers moved. There was no water in the tank. He told excuse and topped up the tank. But, water was flowing down the road.

I literally got tensed. I forgot to check that. I was blaming myself for not checking. Austine was very cool that time. He made a few calls to the service centre. The time was around 10pm. He tried to rectify that, but couldn't. He accompanied us to the showroom and within 10mins got corrected. The tank was topped up an we continued our journey back home.

This incident, dimmed our happiness a bit, but the calmness of the executive is worth mentioning. Blue and me is fantastic. Overall Im happy with prformance of my Linea. I thank Team-bhp in making a decision about Linea. Special thanks to bnzjon, karthik, geeash etc for their advice. Will update the happenings soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea Emotion pk MJD - Owner's pride, neighbour's envy.-05012010708.jpg  

Fiat Linea Emotion pk MJD - Owner's pride, neighbour's envy.-05012010707.jpg  

Fiat Linea Emotion pk MJD - Owner's pride, neighbour's envy.-05012010712.jpg  

Fiat Linea Emotion pk MJD - Owner's pride, neighbour's envy.-06012010715.jpg  

drdeepudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2010, 20:51   #2
BHPian

Congratulations, drdeepudev on your new purchase. The more you drive it the more you would love it. So you bought it from Concorde motors isnt it? I got mine from RF Motors, Cochin.
Your statement is very true, 'Neighbour's envy, Owner's pride' and admiration guaranteed through out.
What's was the ON ROAD price for you? Did you get any freebies? Have you bought any accessories like floor mats, mud flaps etc?
Enjoy your drive and drive safely. .

Last edited by jaisha8 : 7th January 2010 at 20:52.
Old 7th January 2010, 21:26   #3
BHPian

Detailed Experience.

Sorry Bnzjon, Im copying your format, just to get a frame work.
Sales Experience:
I used to admire Lineas on seeing them. Then it got in my nerves. I was addicted to it. Finally, on December 23rd 2009, I booked my dream vehicle. Like Bnzjon applied a loan through HDFC at 9% diminishing and paid Rs 10,000/- as cash payment for booking.
Varient - Emotion pk MJD
Colour - Minimal grey
Dealer - Concorde motors, Cochin.

Discounts - Corporate discount of Rs 8000, Exchange offer of Rs 15,000, Free extended warrenty, mud flaps and floor mats.
Insurance was from Oriental insurance for Rs 23,400/-

I have not applied sun film or seat covers. Planning to do it outside. I need suggestions on that.

Sales persons were very cordial and gave a pampering treatment at the showroom. PDI was done on 31st Dec. Was temporarily registered on Jan 4th and got it delivered on Jan 5th.

Just like Bnzjon, I noticed a minor scratch/ peeling off at the front bumber. Its hardly noticeable. (Is it common to all Lineas?) I was assured to get it repainted at my freedom.

I drove off and my experience has been shared (about the wiper water issue). Reached home at around 11.30pm.

Next day, thats when the fun starts, we took it to the temple near our home. There were curious onlookers as our town has very few Linea owners. Admiration was guaranteed.

For the paint job to be done, they requested me to leave the vehicle at the service station for one more day. Couldn't wait that long as I have to leave the consultation for the 2nd day in this week. So, planning to get it done when it reaches 3000kms.

Some problems I faced-
1. Issue with the wiper fluid tank.
2. Couldn't update Blue and Me phone book. But got reply that my phone book entries are more. Was getting disconnected automatically. Otherwise
it is working nicely.
3. The paint peel issue (minor).
4. Fuel lid bit loose?

Other wise everything is just working fine. Moreover its just 2 days and will update as and when issues surface.

I would like to add, Xenos reverse sensor, sunfilms, paint protection, leather seat covers etc for which i request support from members.

The staff I felt the best at Concorde motors Cochin were :
1. Austine (sales executive)
2. Reji (Finance Manager - He took up my tensions when there a delay from HDFC cochin, which I will talk about later).
3. Shabna (On behalf of Austine)
4. Vidya (Customer relations)
There were others. But I felt they need special mentions.

Overall, Thank you team-bhp and its members for the support they have extended.
Old 7th January 2010, 21:30   #4
BHPian

Thank You jaisha8. Onroad it comes around 8.88 lakhs. I had a corporate discount of 8000rs, exchange bonus of 15000rs, got free extended warrenty, mud flaps and floor mats.
Old 7th January 2010, 22:10   #5
BHPian

Dr aliya, excellent. Finally you are a proud owner of a FIAT Car and have become an official Linean. Welcome on board.

You will enjoy the ride. Drive safe and keep updating your experience.
Old 7th January 2010, 22:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats drdeepudev. Whatta good looking car this is. Hope to buy one soon.!!
Old 7th January 2010, 22:57   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Dr aliya, excellent. Finally you are a proud owner of a FIAT Car and have become an official Linean. Welcome on board.

You will enjoy the ride. Drive safe and keep updating your experience.
Ha ha. Thank you Binze. Will be updating it soon. The problem Im facing now is, my Dad fell in love with it. He is obsessed. He says he will drive and grabs the key from me. . Planning 2 long journeys this week. Will update the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Congrats drdeepudev. Whatta good looking car this is. Hope to buy one soon.!!
Thank You arun1100. May your dream come true. All the best.

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th January 2010 at 23:30. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote instead. Thanks
Old 7th January 2010, 23:05   #8
BHPian

1. Xenos reverse sensor - go for 4 at the back and 2 in front(refer Karthik or rhenius thread). Else you may go for only 4 at the back (refer mine or Geeash thread)

2. Sunfilm - RE35 for the sides and back. See if you require a front one. I would suggest 'no' considering the wet/cool weather in kerala

3. Paint protection - 3M

4. Leather Seat Cover - Stanley if you have a budget of Rs. 25k to 30k.

Last edited by bnzjon : 7th January 2010 at 23:08.
Old 8th January 2010, 08:39   #9
BHPian

hi dr deepu congrats on your new purchase. Safe motoring
Old 8th January 2010, 08:46   #10
BHPian

[quote=bnzjon;1671149]1. Xenos reverse sensor - go for 4 at the back and 2 in front(refer Karthik or rhenius thread). Else you may go for only 4 at the back (refer mine or Geeash thread)

What about the warranty if you are going for a xenos reverse sensor ? I saw park sensors in fiat linea original accessory list. But i dont know about its pricing
Old 8th January 2010, 09:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats drdeepudev,
Welcome to Linea Club.
Reverse Sensor (AutoCop) is now available in TASS itself.Please check with them.
It's nice buy and won't affect warranty if any.
Enjoy and Drive safe
Old 8th January 2010, 09:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Did you buy it before the price hike?
Old 8th January 2010, 10:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats bro!! The ride looks awesome and yes the admiration is definitely guaranteed !!
Old 8th January 2010, 12:47   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the car mate!. As usual the car looks stunning. Lovely beautiful lines on the car.

Hope you have many more happy miles munched with this car.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:53   #15
BANNED

Congrats on your new car, looks stunning and also welcome to club Lineans.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks