Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2010, 11:26   #91
Senior - BHPian

After 10k on the odo do you feel any difference in the engine?
Has it become smoother? The engine sound has changed?

Basically how does this car mature? What are your feelings? I mean ride quality, gear smoothness and so on.

Last edited by download2live : 6th June 2010 at 11:34. Reason: more info added
Old 6th June 2010, 13:52   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
After 10k on the odo do you feel any difference in the engine?
Has it become smoother? The engine sound has changed?

Basically how does this car mature? What are your feelings? I mean ride quality, gear smoothness and so on.
Engine has become smoother and noice has gone down for sure. Ride quality is great as you may know . Gear 4th to 5th has become a little harder i guess.

Best thing is no rattles now. There was one from rear left door which has disappeared somehow .

Bad thing is there is a squeaking sound (not always)from under the driver seat. Guess its the seat assembly springs. This is very irritating as while cornering your body moves and this produces the sound
Old 6th June 2010, 14:01   #93
BHPian

thanks all for the wishes.
@joe - im getting around 15km/l in city. for yesterdays drive from kochi till thodupuzha i got 23.2km/l as i was just cruising at a max of 70kph.
Old 6th June 2010, 19:47   #94
BHPian

Great to see those amazing highway figures. My Punto MJD Emotion pack is joining us on 12 th Jun 10 .
Old 6th June 2010, 21:26   #95
Senior - BHPian

Well, one thing I noticed that the TD vehicle which had done 10,300 kms, had no ride quality issues BUT the camber of the wheels was totally out as a result - the insides of the tyres were totally worn off, so they had conviniently put them at the rear . BUT my eye noticed it, on questioning the sales guy said - Sirji you are the first person to have pointed this out, no one noticed it.

We will take special care of your car - as you seem to understand cars more than our average customer I refuse to accept that as an answer, just because he saw my 18 year old Merc in Pristine condition, he wanted to make me that allowance. Typical mentallity....hate it

That said, I did find the Punto to be a nice pleasant drive, next stop Figo - let's see how she fares ??

Cheers
Old 6th June 2010, 21:34   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Well, one thing I noticed that the TD vehicle which had done 10,300 kms, had no ride quality issues BUT the camber of the wheels was totally out as a result - the insides of the tyres were totally worn off, so they had conviniently put them at the rear . BUT my eye noticed it, on questioning the sales guy said - Sirji you are the first person to have pointed this out, no one noticed it.

We will take special care of your car - as you seem to understand cars more than our average customer I refuse to accept that as an answer, just because he saw my 18 year old Merc in Pristine condition, he wanted to make me that allowance. Typical mentallity....hate it

That said, I did find the Punto to be a nice pleasant drive, next stop Figo - let's see how she fares ??

Cheers
no wonder the tyres were worn out. they wont do alignment or balancing on a TD car. FIGO wont disappoint you i guess.
Old 6th June 2010, 21:43   #97
Senior - BHPian

Tell me - you have used the car extensively. I have a lower back problem. So the seat comfort is one of the main cretira for my buying a car.

The Swift has great seating, whereas the Punto seemed to lack back support where it matters. Also the seat height is lower than that of the Swift ZXi (that I use right now)

What do you feel on the subject. Driver seat comfort/support in Swift > Punto > Figo. I'd appreciate your feedback

The wheels of the Punto were balanced for sure, the speeds at which I drove the car (120 kmph), there was absolutely no wobbling or shudder. Wheel balancing is the most basic thing, does not cost anything to the workshop....

Thanks

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 6th June 2010 at 21:46.
Old 6th June 2010, 21:45   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Tell me - you have used the car extensively. I have a lower back problem. So the seat comfort is one of the main cretira for my buying a car.

The Swift has great seating, whereas the Punto seemed to lack back support where it matters. Also the seat height is lower than that of the Swift ZXi (that I use right now)

What do you feel on the subject. Driver seat comfort/support in Swift > Punto > Figo. I'd appreciate your feedback

Thanks
I dont have a prob with punto seating. havent faced any issues. I felt its better than swift. seat height is adjustable. Figos seat is better than Punto i felt..
Old 28th June 2010, 21:52   #99
BHPian

Ice :)

DLS C6A comps and Focal Solid 4. You may wonder why i went for solid 4 with the OE HU and no sub. Punto OEM headset doesnt come with a pre out. So wanted a good amp with speaker level inputs.This sunday he arranged the installation. Let the pics do the talking for installation.DLS went to front doors and JBLs were moved to rear doors. Focal went to the boot..

Sounds way way better than what i had earlier."Comfortably Numb" never felt so good. More refined and it sounds just right for me. The JBL 608c is a bit bright though. Have to do something about it. hmm.

Stage 2 upgrades coming - HU upgrade + Sub. Back to listening as of now.

Cost splitup

DLS C6A - 8k
Focal Solid 4 - 13k
Damping - 4k
Wiring - 3k

Details here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-ice-fied.html
Old 4th July 2010, 11:25   #100
BHPian

Tyre Noise

Rotated the tyres (from front to back), balanced and aligned last week. The Yoko A-drives noise has increased in the past few weeks
Old 10th August 2010, 23:40   #101
BHPian

Added an armrest

Today fitted an armrest . Its the one for swift. A little bit cutting from the base of armrest is needed to fit properly in Punto.Will post some pics tomorrow. It can slightly hinder the operation of hand brake but city driving is much better now with arm rest
Old 11th August 2010, 22:39   #102
BHPian

Arm Rest pics

Excuse the poor quality of pics as these were taken with mob in a hurry..Will post some better pics on weekend..

View from top
Punto Emotion - the driving diary - 15k/2nd service done-photo0041.jpg

Finish is so so..
Punto Emotion - the driving diary - 15k/2nd service done-photo0042.jpg

Slight cutting of base of arm rest is needed to fit Punto
Punto Emotion - the driving diary - 15k/2nd service done-photo0043.jpg
Old 11th August 2010, 23:10   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Excuse the poor quality of pics as these were taken with mob in a hurry..Will post some better pics on weekend..

View from top
Attachment 404159

Finish is so so..
Attachment 404160

Slight cutting of base of arm rest is needed to fit Punto
Attachment 404161
Hey Soccer...

Nice...how much did you get it for ?
Does it have to be permanent attachment or one can take it off as and when needed?
Old 11th August 2010, 23:10   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rotated the tyres (from front to back), balanced and aligned last week. The Yoko A-drives noise has increased in the past few weeks
Would you suggest this over Mich?

Quote:
Today fitted an armrest . Its the one for swift. A little bit cutting from the base of armrest is needed to fit properly in Punto.Will post some pics tomorrow. It can slightly hinder the operation of hand brake but city driving is much better now with arm rest
How much did it cost? and from where?
Old 11th August 2010, 23:50   #105
BHPian

Quote:

I'd go with Soccer on this...in fact i bought punto for ride/seat comfort. From what I have heard its a close fight between Punto and Figo, swift comes after them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks