Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2010, 07:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the fantastic car.

Like someone else said, a repeat customer speaks volumes for a product, the Fiesta is almost surely the best car in this price range. For me, only the Linea comes close, not because of direct performance, but for the ride and handling and looks.

During your test drive of the Linea, what did you think about it's ride and handling vis-a-vis the Fiesta?
Old 27th January 2010, 16:03   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Congratulations on the fantastic car.

Like someone else said, a repeat customer speaks volumes for a product, the Fiesta is almost surely the best car in this price range. For me, only the Linea comes close, not because of direct performance, but for the ride and handling and looks.

During your test drive of the Linea, what did you think about it's ride and handling vis-a-vis the Fiesta?
Thanks Amartya!!!

As far as the Linea was concerned, I did not have any complaints with its handling capabilities, it was just its engine power which disappointed me. Ride & Handling in city is at par with Fiesta IMO. I did not get a chance to test drive Linea at high speeds on highway, so cannot comment on that front.
Old 31st January 2010, 18:41   #33
BHPian

Folks,

As requested, below are some exterior pics with the 3M 50% visibility sunfilms:
Going Fida Again!!! Fiesta Petrol 1.6 SXi (Moondust Silver) Purchased.-img_2590.jpg
Going Fida Again!!! Fiesta Petrol 1.6 SXi (Moondust Silver) Purchased.-img_2591.jpg

You can also see my faithful Maruti Zen LXi (2002) parked in front of the Fiesta .
Going Fida Again!!! Fiesta Petrol 1.6 SXi (Moondust Silver) Purchased.-img_2592.jpg
Going Fida Again!!! Fiesta Petrol 1.6 SXi (Moondust Silver) Purchased.-img_2593.jpg

Some interior pics:
The stock music system
Going Fida Again!!! Fiesta Petrol 1.6 SXi (Moondust Silver) Purchased.-img_2595.jpg
Going Fida Again!!! Fiesta Petrol 1.6 SXi (Moondust Silver) Purchased.-img_2601.jpg
Going Fida Again!!! Fiesta Petrol 1.6 SXi (Moondust Silver) Purchased.-img_2597.jpg

Leather seat covers
Going Fida Again!!! Fiesta Petrol 1.6 SXi (Moondust Silver) Purchased.-img_2598.jpg
Going Fida Again!!! Fiesta Petrol 1.6 SXi (Moondust Silver) Purchased.-img_2602.jpg

Some more updates...

1. Got my Nokia Express Music 5800 with GPS and 8 GB memory card. Installed Google Maps in it for now and its pretty good and taking care of my needs for the time being. Will take a decision whether to buy paid MMI maps based on my requirements later. Also purchased a Nokia car charger as the GPS discharges the battery very fast.
2. Purchased a Nokia basic bluetooth headset for some wire-free driving.
4. Purchased a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm Bandridge cable. This connects my Nokia XM 5800 with my Fiesta's Aux-in.
Going Fida Again!!! Fiesta Petrol 1.6 SXi (Moondust Silver) Purchased.-img_2596.jpg

Cheers!
Amit
Old 31st January 2010, 23:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

The wood trim looks really nice compared to the other cheapo looking ones.

THe grille, I prefer a black one with chrome surround rather than the body colour that they have done.
Old 1st February 2010, 09:10   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
The wood trim looks really nice compared to the other cheapo looking ones.

THe grille, I prefer a black one with chrome surround rather than the body colour that they have done.
@Mpower: I assume you are talking about the front grill. Yes, even I agree with you... the Black one with chrome surround looks better than the body coloured one they are providing these days.
Old 1st February 2010, 09:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

You already have a Nokia gps ready phone, so I think you need not go for MMI Navigator now as you can download the navigation routing to your phone!
See the other threads in this respect 'gps reciever in a car' and/or satguide vs mapmyindia' where you will find many postings about this subject and it will be worth following?
Old 1st February 2010, 10:06   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
You already have a Nokia gps ready phone, so I think you need not go for MMI Navigator now as you can download the navigation routing to your phone!
See the other threads in this respect 'gps reciever in a car' and/or satguide vs mapmyindia' where you will find many postings about this subject and it will be worth following?
@nairrk: I wasn't referring to the MMI Navigator. I was referring to the MMI Software for Symbian phones & all India Maps, which comes at a cost of Rs. 2490. You just need to install the MMI software on your Symbian phone (they have softwares also available for Windows Mobile, iPhone, etc.) and install the maps and you are good to go .

Link for your reference: Make your mobile maps your travel guide : No data plan required | Pay once | Use forever | No hidden charges

I have referred the GPS navigation threads and yes they are worth the time spent on reading them .

Cheers!
Amit
Old 1st February 2010, 10:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

Actually, it was pretty obvious that your next car was going to be a driver's car. A Zen LXi in spic-n-span condition (from the back atleast ) made the Fiesta obvious.

Other than the grill, I am also not a fan of the rear view mirrors, only this colour seems to offset the "jhik-jhaak" of the chromed mirrors
Old 1st February 2010, 12:30   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Actually, it was pretty obvious that your next car was going to be a driver's car. A Zen LXi in spic-n-span condition (from the back atleast ) made the Fiesta obvious.

Other than the grill, I am also not a fan of the rear view mirrors, only this colour seems to offset the "jhik-jhaak" of the chromed mirrors
@Amartya:

Rightly said Amartya. The Zen LXi is in a very good condition even right now... with just around 55000+ kms done on it in 7 years, it still runs very smooth. Apart from some minor scratches, its colour still shines well enough .

Yes, the Chrome ORVMs matches well with the Silver colour of the Fiesta. It does not look so good with other colours. Infact, I was about to book the Platinum colour. But, when I saw both Platinum and Moondust Silver Fiestas (SXi) at the showroom (with the Chrome ORVMs), I decided to go with the Moondust Silver.
Old 1st February 2010, 13:40   #40
BHPian

Thanks infallible79 for the sunfilm pics. I do not have any idea about the darkness, but I was expecting it to be a little more dark from the 50% visibilty. But after seeing yours, I understood that I have to be contained with the same in order to stay on the right side of the law.

Thanks again. Both your new & old car looks really good.
Old 1st February 2010, 16:35   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Thanks infallible79 for the sunfilm pics. I do not have any idea about the darkness, but I was expecting it to be a little more dark from the 50% visibilty. But after seeing yours, I understood that I have to be contained with the same in order to stay on the right side of the law.

Thanks again. Both your new & old car looks really good.
Actually, if you want it more darker, then 30% visibility sunfilms can be installed. I think even 30% visibility is RTO approved in most of the states. Pls check with some experts or threads on team-bhp before going ahead.

I had 30% visibility sunfilms in my previous Black Fiesta and I had never had any problems with officials in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa and Karnataka.
Old 1st February 2010, 18:15   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infallible79 View Post
Actually, if you want it more darker, then 30% visibility sunfilms can be installed. I think even 30% visibility is RTO approved in most of the states. Pls check with some experts or threads on team-bhp before going ahead.

I had 30% visibility sunfilms in my previous Black Fiesta and I had never had any problems with officials in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa and Karnataka.
+

Normally nobody bothers about the visibility etc ( I have seen cars with very very dark films -zero visibility driving around). Only when you get into such situation when some speical checking is on, then the cops can catch you because they are there to catch more cases/defaulters??
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+

Normally nobody bothers about the visibility etc ( I have seen cars with very very dark films -zero visibility driving around). Only when you get into such situation when some speical checking is on, then the cops can catch you because they are there to catch more cases/defaulters??
Actually I have seen traffic police in Surat & Mumbai removing the dark sunfilms using sharp blades . I saw the final sunfilm stripped car in Surat and it looked ugly.
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infallible79 View Post
Actually I have seen traffic police in Surat & Mumbai removing the dark sunfilms using sharp blades . I saw the final sunfilm stripped car in Surat and it looked ugly.

+
Oh thats bad,
But here, I have seen many cars with dark films (not at all visible who is inside the car) roaming around freely. I dont know when the cops here will start cracking these guys?
Old 4th February 2010, 09:31   #45
BHPian

Folks,

Yesterday I noticed that the fog lamps of my Fiesta don't turn on along with the head lamps (Haven't noticed the fog lamps earlier ). So, is there a seperate way to turn the fog lamps on? Or, is something wrong with it and I should get it checked?

Please note: I don't need fog lamps in Pune, but just wanted to know how to operate them, just in case I might need it some day .

Cheers!
Amit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks