Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 11:50   #31
BHPian

No wonder the CRV isn't seeling these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanks View Post
I didn't consider Civic just because of Dealer attitude as I was also interested in considering Honda CRV. They had insisted to pay booking amount of 50K prior to test drive, only after paying the amount they will allow test drive of CRV and the amount is not refundable if decided not to buy after the test drive. Also they gave Civic only for a very short test drive and did not find it useful.
Old 13th January 2010, 12:13   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Which dealer was this? Would you mind sharing the name?
It is Dakshin Honda in Bangalore. After that I did not visit any Honda showroom.
Old 13th January 2010, 12:15   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

I forgot asking you, by the way did you sell the Petra or still have retained it. If you have retained and intend to sell it, please pm me, My friend is looking for the car.
Old 13th January 2010, 15:23   #34
BHPian

Congrats on the Laura. The car looks good. Wishing you more miles with the car.
Please post more pics.
Old 14th January 2010, 13:17   #35
BHPian

Delivery Experience - Part I

My original plan was to take the car on 30th or 31st Dec ie after my planned trip to native (Kannur-Kerala) during Christmas vacation.
My old war horse was deployed on duty for this trip and actually I was feeling a bit nostalgic thinking that this might be the last long trip in my beloved Petra. I had enjoyed every moment in my black beauty.

I could come back from native only on 30th afternoon. Gave a call to Jacob immediately after reaching Bangalore. Jacob confirmed that my car has already reached the workshop and he is waiting for the 16” alloys (upgrade). I told him to plan the delivery on Jan 2nd. This was later moved to 3rd Jan (Sunday) on Jacob’s request so that he would definitely have the 16’’ wheels available.
Come Sunday I was quite excited and my Son (elder one) was even more excited. For his age he is highly knowledgeable on Cars. I had even cancelled my regular morning badminton session. Called up Jacob just to confirm if everything is in place. To my utter disappointment, he told me that one of the 16’’ alloy wheel came in a damaged condition. Hence he has to arrange a replacement piece. Bottom line is that I am not getting the car on Sunday.
It didn’t happen on Monday either, I was getting restless and irritated. Realizing my frustration, Jacob suggested me to pick up the car in stock condition and do the upgrade later. I thought this is better than waiting and accepted to pick up the car on Tuesday.
Again Problem! Tuesday is not supposed to be an auspicious day as per my mother and wife (most of the people think so I believe). But my father came as a savior; he consulted some knowledgeable person and came up with a good time on Tuesday.

So reached the showroom on Tuesday at around 11.40am. Since my car was still on its way from workshop, I suggested to checkout another Ambiente model. So that Jacob started explaining various features. Being a Tuesday (I guess), only my delivery was happening that day. That was a good experience where I asked lot of questions and got satisfactory answers from Jacob. Happy to here that first service is needed only @ 15 K/1 year.
The suggested auspicious time window was between 12.20 & 1pm but car came only at 12.45. The moment car reached the showroom, few workers cleaned up the exteriors thoroughly. Jacob formally passed the keys to me just in time (12.50). My wife distributed some sweets to every one in the showroom. They took couple of our photos with the car as well.
Checked the car based on TBHP checklist, and everything appeared fine. Touchwood!!
(Interesting, Jacob asked for a copy of our checklist for his personal use).

That is it!! Laura baby is mine and only thing pending was to drive her home safely!!! That was slightly nervous drive, car got switched off few times just outside the showroom. My wife started telling that I should have asked for a home drop!! Very insulting!! Any way, reached home without any incidents. Same evening did an extensive Pooja at the near by temple.

Again another thought:
So far, I was always trying to make myself believe that I care a damn about so called luxury features. Being a self proclaimed car enthusiast, I should only worry about the engine, performance, handling etc. Now with laura, I am getting few such features along with a great engine. Would I say no to any of them? No way, are you kidding
Old 14th January 2010, 18:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats sivadas on the Laura. Your report is getting more interesting.
Old 14th January 2010, 18:40   #37
BHPian

congrats on the laura. put up more pix after the alloy upgrade and also interior pix too
Old 14th January 2010, 18:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, welcome and best of luck

Hi,

Congratulations on your new acquisition and welcome to the Laura gang. As already pointed out, Fiat to Skoda is kind of logical. The Laura is a wonderful car with mind-boggling abilities. I wish you many many happy years of motoring in her.

Cheers,
Old 14th January 2010, 21:54   #39
BHPian

Delivery Experience - Part II

While taking delivery, Jacob had told me that he would be picking up the car for wheel/tyre upgrade next day itself. He also requested me to use the car (& stock tyres) sparingly so that he can take back the tyres/wheels.
So I had to take Petra instead of Laura to office and leave the new baby in the parking lot. Few of my friends were waiting to see Laura and I had to present a sorry face before them. Jacob could not take the car for next 3 days. I was making countless number of calls on daily basis to Jacob. He always had some excuse or the other and car was not picked up either on Saturday. Being a sweet communicator, Jacob was able to convince me every time on plan changes.
In between he offered me 17’’alloys/tyres which is readily available. I was little hesitant (about impact on ride and practicality of lower profile tyres), but eventually agreed without even seeing the design of these alloys!! I was quite thrilling to think of Laura with 17’’ alloys, what ever the design be!!
Finally Jacob showed up on Sunday to pick up the car. When I asked his frank opinion on putting 17’’ alloys, he was honest to admit that this can deteriorate the ride and also there is a risk of wheels getting damaged on severe impacts. Even Imp! had warned me against putting 17’’. He had suggested to stick to 16’’ ones.
Jacob agreed to put 16’’ instead 17’’, but this means I should wait for few more days. Jacob sent few pictures of the possible wheel options.
Picture I - 17’’ (Rejected)
Picture II - 16” (Came with L&K last year)
Picture III - 16’’ (My choice)

Next day, I took the car to office and it was an unusually slow and steady drive. I am normally quite fast and aggressive and this was a definite change!

Finally car was taken for wheel upgrade on 12th Jan, Tuesday. While talking to Jacob, he happened mention that he is putting the wheel in second picture. So this was a shock to me My neighbour has an L&K diesel and I was not impressed the with that alloys on that. I was expecting the one in picture 3.

Though he had made arrangements for Alloy2, Jacob graciously agreed to change it to the one available with Elegance model of Laura. This was slightly different from the one in Picture 3, but much more elegant according to me.
This delayed the process by one more day.

Eventually I got the car back on Wednesday, 13th Jan. This morning, I had a drive on Laura; so ride has become harsher but car looks great IMO.
Here are some more pictures with the new set of alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
Petra to Laura - I will never learn!!-08012010.jpg  

Petra to Laura - I will never learn!!-09012010.jpg  

Petra to Laura - I will never learn!!-09012010001-1.jpg  

Last edited by sivadas : 14th January 2010 at 22:02.
Old 14th January 2010, 22:01   #40
BHPian

More Pictures

Heere are some more pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Petra to Laura - I will never learn!!-dscf0196.jpg  

Petra to Laura - I will never learn!!-dscf0200.jpg  

Petra to Laura - I will never learn!!-dscf0205.jpg  

Petra to Laura - I will never learn!!-dscf0206.jpg  

Petra to Laura - I will never learn!!-dscf0197.jpg  

Old 14th January 2010, 22:12   #41
BHPian

please quote some interior pictures
Old 14th January 2010, 22:15   #42
BHPian

Looks great

Looks great !. Congrats. I thought a boot lip spoiler ( accessory FAA 610 003) gives the Laura a sportier look. Its glued on and no drilling is necessary. Did you look at that ? Did you see any difference with 97 Octane and regular. I am planning to try the next tank with Speed97 if its back.
Ravi
Old 14th January 2010, 22:31   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravich View Post
Looks great !. Congrats. I thought a boot lip spoiler ( accessory FAA 610 003) gives the Laura a sportier look. Its glued on and no drilling is necessary. Did you look at that ? Did you see any difference with 97 Octane and regular. I am planning to try the next tank with Speed97 if its back.
Ravi
Thanks Ravi.
Are you having a spoiler, can I see some picture?

So far I have filled Petrol only once. And that was Speed (91). Not sure on the avilability of 97 octane petrol here in Bangalore.

In fact before getting my car, I was showing your car pictures to my family members to give some idea of a black Laura.
Old 14th January 2010, 22:32   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Hi,

Congratulations on your new acquisition and welcome to the Laura gang. As already pointed out, Fiat to Skoda is kind of logical. The Laura is a wonderful car with mind-boggling abilities. I wish you many many happy years of motoring in her.

Cheers,
Thanks much sir. Wish you the same.

Also hearty thanks to every one for their kind works.

Last edited by sivadas : 14th January 2010 at 22:39.
Old 14th January 2010, 22:40   #45
Senior - BHPian

Looks fabulous. Do post pics of interiors too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks