Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 16:34   #136

@Sameer Sultan: Nice pictures. In NH46 the wobble you felt while CRUZing at 140 Kmph is pretty surprising. I have been driving a Getz Prime CRDi, i feel the wobble on the bridge curves 130 Kmph, its a killer hatch not equipped properly, in straight lines it can rip apart the roads, I was considering to buy a new car next year, a Diesel Cruze was my thought, but i want a better planted car. Cruze looks damn good than the Jetta (pathetic front) and even the Laura. I want good looks + planted performance + diesel engine. I am confused now. Any ideas??

@Sameer: forgot one more thing. Sonata Transform CRDi has a monster heart, i am sure this 150 BHP unit can pump the Tar out of the road but, how sturdy is it?? have you test driven this?? I saw the car and understand that its a good VFM. One good thing about Hyundai cars is I have never hear of silly breakdowns.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd March 2010 at 13:24. Reason: Merging post
Old 8th February 2010, 17:45   #137
BHPian

I went to the dealer & to my luck the sales head was sitting right there. He got firing of his life which he wont forget for years to come.

Saw a Black Cruze Auto standing outside the showroom....my guesses are that the car is waiting to get delivered to Divesh, clicked few pics but wont post it just in case if it was really Diveshs car. Dont want to spoil the fun :P
Old 8th February 2010, 17:58   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradeep2612 View Post
Hey Sameer,

Booked my Cruze @last. Its a Altantis Blue LTZ model. Will be getting it delivered on 18 or 19th Feb 2010 (10 or 11 days to go).

Thanks for your initial report , it helped me a lot to decide.
Many Congrats Pradeep. Best of luck. Post your Cruze pix here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDP2 View Post
@Sameer Sultan: Nice pictures. In NH46 the wobble you felt while CRUZing at 140 Kmph is pretty surprising. I have been driving a Getz Prime CRDi, i feel the wobble on the bridge curves 130 Kmph, its a killer hatch not equipped properly, in straight lines it can rip apart the roads, I was considering to buy a new car next year, a Diesel Cruze was my thought, but i want a better planted car. Cruze looks damn good than the Jetta (pathetic front) and even the Laura. I want good looks + planted performance + diesel engine. I am confused now. Any ideas??
Thanks mate. The Cruze is a good car no second opinion about that. The wobble which I felt was at a sharp turn and in speed of 140KMPH. This is a drawback in Cruze as it is not planted as like a Jetta or Laura. Consider this how often will you drive at such a high speed in sharp turns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDP2 View Post
@Sameer: forgot one more thing. Sonata Transform CRDi has a monster heart, i am sure this 150 BHP unit can pump the Tar out of the road but, how sturdy is it?? have you test driven this?? I saw the car and understand that its a good VFM. One good thing about Hyundai cars is I have never hear of silly breakdowns.
I have no idea about the Sonata Transform.
Old 9th February 2010, 01:45   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim_90210 View Post
I went to the dealer & to my luck the sales head was sitting right there. He got firing of his life which he wont forget for years to come.

Saw a Black Cruze Auto standing outside the showroom....my guesses are that the car is waiting to get delivered to Divesh, clicked few pics but wont post it just in case if it was really Diveshs car. Dont want to spoil the fun :P
Yeah its my car. Will be taking the delivery today.
Old 10th February 2010, 13:52   #140
BHPian

Completed 7000kms in 65 days. No complaints. Cruze is behaving fine.

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ - Ownership Report EDIT: SOLD after 115000 km!-img_0497.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ - Ownership Report EDIT: SOLD after 115000 km!-img_0499.jpg
Old 10th February 2010, 14:20   #141
BHPian

It will take me atleast 10 months to do 7000 mark. Nice to hear its running fine.
Old 10th February 2010, 19:29   #142
Senior - BHPian

Sameer, what kind of information does the MID provide?

(outside temp, oil life % etc etc?)
Old 10th February 2010, 20:57   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Sameer, what kind of information does the MID provide?

(outside temp, oil life % etc etc?)

Outside Temp, inside Temp, Time, Date, CD info then it has vehicle settings like PEPS set up, auto lighting,Language Settings, radio settings and AC settings. No OIl life etc!
Old 11th February 2010, 15:44   #144
BHPian

Mileage?

I just got my first filling (after exhausting the first free 15ltrs) done for Cruze. Saw the mileage is just nearing 10.5 only. Isn't it poor?

@sameer: Now that you have crossed 7000km, how much are you getting?
Old 15th February 2010, 06:21   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animdas View Post
I just got my first filling (after exhausting the first free 15ltrs) done for Cruze. Saw the mileage is just nearing 10.5 only. Isn't it poor?

@sameer: Now that you have crossed 7000km, how much are you getting?
I m getting 11.5 in city and 12 in highway. As ur car has done only few kms the MID might be showing less mileage. You should get 11 at worst traffic conditions. Do a tank full, drive for about 450kms and again tank up, you will get a correct average. In my Cruze the MID gives out correct average figure.
Old 3rd March 2010, 00:55   #146
BHPian

im thinking about booking a cruze in few days still not sure about the colour?
and what did it cost for ex-showroom?
Old 4th March 2010, 13:42   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by japneet_b View Post
im thinking about booking a cruze in few days still not sure about the colour?
and what did it cost for ex-showroom?

Chennai Ex Showroom is 12.65L for manual and the AT costs Rs.80,000/- more. Prices differ from City to City. You may check chevycruze.in for your city price.

I like White and Black. Excellent Car. Go for it.
Old 6th March 2010, 07:22   #148
BHPian

[quote=sameer sultan;1684892]The keyless entry and push button start feature add a wow factor to the Cruze. At the same time there is a down turn to this feature. ]

[COLOR=black]I do not know how this feature works in Chevy but this is how it works in Lexus based on my personal experience: The Key fob has to inside the car in order to turn on the engine by Push Button Start and if the engine is turned on and you leave the car with Key Fob, the engine will turn off automatically as soon as it leaves the car.[/COLOR]
Old 6th March 2010, 08:42   #149
BHPian

did u also own fiat linea.??
how much cruze LTZ cost their on road...
Old 6th March 2010, 10:58   #150
BHPian

booked chevy cruze ltz m/t in black.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks