Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2010, 12:49   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I suspect Chevy guys are taking you for a ride. If you know any good athorized center outside. Let those guys take a look ( just inspect) since most brake pads and fitments are almost the same.

I am sure you will get a different opinion. I think it should last for another 10K kms atleast.

I too drive fast and changed my first set of brake pads at 35K kms in my pete'd accent viva and there is "a" noise to indicate your pads are coming to an end of their life.
Yes I feel you are right about the service guys. They are suspect always. I will wait for the noise to surface before opting to change the brake pads.

BTW in the Linea I changed the brake pads today after running for 25500KMS. Lot of noise was coming while braking.
Old 24th June 2010, 16:22   #182
BHPian

Hello Sameer, could you please let us have a kind of comparo between the high speed manners and ride /handling between the cruze and linea.
Old 24th June 2010, 16:55   #183
BHPian

i'm shocked to hear the price of cruze brake pads. Oh gosh how am i going to handle cruze and RS ownership :-P
Having said that even i think sameer you should get your brake pads checked outside. Sometimes these service people make you go nuts with their inspection of the car.
A/c getting conked off...woah this something to look out for. Hope cruze is not another 'Laura'

Last edited by ashish22 : 24th June 2010 at 16:57.
Old 24th June 2010, 17:53   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Hello Sameer, could you please let us have a kind of comparo between the high speed manners and ride /handling between the cruze and linea.
I have done around 180KMPH in Linea. In Cruze its 210KMPH.

At these speeds Linea is planted to the road and gives a solid feel of the handling. In corners too its really good. No issues. But it takes a long time to reach 180KMPH. ABS assited braking is great too.

Cruze on the other hand is planted to the road too, but its not as good as Linea in sharp corners in high speeds. That confidence which a European car gives is not there in the Cruze. Its a rocket all rght and in no time it accelerates to 200KMPH. As mentioned earlier my major grouse or negative about the Cruze is its not stable in high speeds when negotiating sharp turns. In a straight line its very good even at 210KMPH.
sameer sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2010, 18:17   #185
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
BTW in the Linea I changed the brake pads today after running for 25500KMS. Lot of noise was coming while braking.
Somewhat OT here:

How much did you have to pay for the Linea brake pad change? Did you see the old pads for the amount of lining left?
Old 25th June 2010, 09:37   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

@Sameer, check out the latest ( July'10) Autocar issue, its a collectors item since it lists out the parts comparison for all manafacturers

Its now confirmed your dealer was taking you for a ride as he quoted Rs.7.5K. Here is the pricing for brake pads :-

Chevy Cruze ( front brake bads, set of 4) : Rs.4798

For folks asking about Linea Brake Pads

Linea ( Petrol and Diesel, set of 4) : Rs.2150

Hope that helps !
Old 25th June 2010, 11:48   #187
BHPian

Thanks sameer for your prompt reply. I was in a bit of a doubt which you cleared. Happy driving.
Old 25th June 2010, 12:06   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Sameer, check out the latest ( July'10) Autocar issue, its a collectors item since it lists out the parts comparison for all manafacturers

Its now confirmed your dealer was taking you for a ride as he quoted Rs.7.5K. Here is the pricing for brake pads :-

Chevy Cruze ( front brake bads, set of 4) : Rs.4798

For folks asking about Linea Brake Pads

Linea ( Petrol and Diesel, set of 4) : Rs.2150

Hope that helps !

Thanks for the info mate.

Yes for Linea the same amount mentioned by you was charged by service station.
Old 25th June 2010, 22:57   #189
anb
BHPian

These are some pictures of my new cruze LTZ manual

Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ - Ownership Report EDIT: SOLD after 115000 km!-cruze1.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ - Ownership Report EDIT: SOLD after 115000 km!-cruze2.jpg  

Old 26th June 2010, 15:09   #190
BHPian

Many Congratulations ANB on ur new white Cruze. Its a lovely car. Share you experience here with the beast.
Old 26th June 2010, 17:10   #191
BHPian

Congratulations ANB.When do we expect an initial review??

@Sameer:-Hi my cruze is just 1 month old now and your extensive review was very helpful during my decision making process but after reading about the replacement of the steering wheel,Air conditioner and now maybe the brakepads I am a bit worried :(
I have never heard the steering wheel being replaced,can you please what was the exact problem or did you click a photo of it?
Old 26th June 2010, 19:45   #192
BHPian

@Sameer
I am sorry I wrote "but after reading about the replacement of the steering wheel,Air conditioner and now maybe the brakepads I am a bit worried :(
I have never heard the steering wheel being replaced,can you please tell what was the exact problem or did you click a photo of it?"
I wanted to ask this question to Bashani.
Sir when this problem occur how much had your vehicle run and this problem is found in the Cruze's sold in europe alseo as I found it on "www.chevroletcruzeforum.com".
Just search for "cruze leather steering problem" and you will find the same.

@Sameer Sir thank you again your review played a great part in my decision making process aswell.

Last edited by np23 : 26th June 2010 at 19:51.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:59   #193
BHPian

Congrats and thanks for posting your experience. Very helpful . Are Stock alloys 16" ?
Old 6th July 2010, 14:32   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
@Sameer
I am sorry I wrote "but after reading about the replacement of the steering wheel,Air conditioner and now maybe the brakepads I am a bit worried :(
I have never heard the steering wheel being replaced,can you please tell what was the exact problem or did you click a photo of it?"
I wanted to ask this question to Bashani.
Sir when this problem occur how much had your vehicle run and this problem is found in the Cruze's sold in europe alseo as I found it on "www.chevroletcruzeforum.com".
Just search for "cruze leather steering problem" and you will find the same.

@Sameer Sir thank you again your review played a great part in my decision making process aswell.
Good to know my review was helpful for you. Cruze is a very good car. No doubts on that. I have had a trouble free 17000km run till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOiLA View Post
Congrats and thanks for posting your experience. Very helpful . Are Stock alloys 16" ?
Thanks. Yes the stock tires and alloys are 16".
Old 18th August 2010, 02:37   #195
BHPian

Replaced front and rear brake pads after 21800kms.

front pads cost 4750/- and rear 7500/-

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks