Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 11:38   #196
BHPian

wow they are expensive to say the least. Any idea how much does those disc plates cost??
Old 18th August 2010, 11:41   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Yes I feel you are right about the service guys. They are suspect always. I will wait for the noise to surface before opting to change the brake pads.

BTW in the Linea I changed the brake pads today after running for 25500KMS. Lot of noise was coming while braking.
What is the exact cost for the all 4 brake pads?
Old 18th August 2010, 12:13   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Replaced front and rear brake pads after 21800kms.

front pads cost 4750/- and rear 7500/-
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
What is the exact cost for the all 4 brake pads?
Aks, he has already mentioned. It's INR 12,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
wow they are expensive to say the least. Any idea how much does those disc plates cost??
Ashish, i agree. Its super expensive. Need to buy that July issue of Overdrive and compare it with other manafacturers.

Btw, isnt 22K kms too early for replacing all 4 brake pads? Is it because you drive aggressively or due to more of city driving?

Btw, what was the indication that brakes pads needs to be changed? Is there is sound when you press the brakes apart from the bite becoming lesser?
Old 18th August 2010, 13:02   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I am talking about Linea's Brake pad
Old 18th August 2010, 18:20   #200
BHPian

Quote:

Ashish, i agree. Its super expensive. Need to buy that July issue of Overdrive and compare it with other manafacturers.

Btw, isnt 22K kms too early for replacing all 4 brake pads? Is it because you drive aggressively or due to more of city driving?

Btw, what was the indication that brakes pads needs to be changed? Is there is sound when you press the brakes apart from the bite becoming lesser?

Noise was terrible while braking. A sqeaking sound was also coming when the car was moving slowly.

I saw the brake pads they were really worn out and dusty.

Out of 22K I think 20K I have done Highway High Speed Driving with lot of braking. Thats why had to change the brake pads.

@AKS

I replaced only the front brake pads for Linea. Cost Rs.2750/-
Old 5th September 2010, 19:40   #201
BHPian

Super rims.

Can you share what you paid (individually) for the rims and tyres? Also, please mention whether you bought four or five.
Old 5th September 2010, 21:38   #202
ajai_dev

I am very surprised by one thing that is common in Fiat Linea, Cruze and the Laura and that is the sheer lack of back space. I cant fit comfortably in the back seat with the front seat back (max).

Now i am going around and test drove all three, each one of them has lack of back space specially head room. Linea Emo Pk costs about 9Lac, Cruze LT 12Lac and Laura Ambiente 2.0 14Lac, cars such as these gets pounced by 5-6lac manza in rear space "Head and leg" is just pathetic manza is smaller in external dimensions to all three... :(

BTW this is what i felt by test driving each:

1. Linea - City car super strong mid range. Great car to stop and start in
2. Cruze - Highway on mind car great on highways but not so in city/traffic
3. Laura - More of a city car than a highway car but better than the Linea for Highway drives cant beat the Cruze tough, that car is something else

Old 8th September 2010, 14:57   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Super rims.

Can you share what you paid (individually) for the rims and tyres? Also, please mention whether you bought four or five.
Thanks mate. The Alloys costed Rs. 22000/- for set of 4. The tires costed Rs. 28000/- for 4.

Recentlly I changed the Good Year F1 225/45 R17 tires after doing 22800KMS. 2 Tires had got a bulge after I dropped at a pot hole and the tyre noise inside the cabin was too loud. I do not advice to go for these sports tires as they just give a better look to the car but the ride quality is compromised as they are low profile.

I changed the tires to Maxis 225/50 R 17 cost same as the F1. The ride quality has improved but for Indian roads the OE is better. The noise is not there.

I wanted to go for R 16 tires but would have to change the Alloys also, that would cost me a lot so opted for a little higher profile tires.

The company recommends these tires as in the door the sticker which gives out info for tyre pressure has both the sizes ie. 205/60 R 16 and 225/50 R 17.

For the Indian Market the Cruze comes with the R 16 tires and international markets it is fitted with R 17.

Hence in a way I am back on OE!
Old 8th September 2010, 15:42   #204
BHPian

just a correction. The alloys costed Rs.27,500/- for set of 4.
Old 8th September 2010, 16:19   #205
Senior - BHPian

Sameer, any plans to get a diesel tuning box for your cruze?

Just checked on the net - with a tuning box your cruze can be upped to: 196Hp and 410Nm of torque!!! I guess you might need to change your brakes too

Drive safe. At such speeds especially (any speed actually) all of you should be wearing your belts.
Old 8th September 2010, 17:25   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post

Just checked on the net - with a tuning box your cruze can be upped to: 196Hp and 410Nm of torque!!! I guess you might need to change your brakes too

Drive safe. At such speeds especially (any speed actually) all of you should be wearing your belts.

No plans man. Where are the roads for such speeds?? I was just lucky to find an empty stretch for me to push in excess of 200KMPH.

I am finding it hard to manage the existing 150HP engine :-).

I was wearing seat belts, will keep in mind the next time.

With great power comes greater responsibility!!
Old 8th September 2010, 17:30   #207
BHPian

Okay, Sameer, I went through the entire thread and its great to know that you're more than satisfied with your Rocket. The break pads though are super expensive!

Now my question. I am debating between the Cruze LTZ AT and the Honda Civic 1.8 AT. Car will be for my wife. I am not concerned about one being petrol and the other being diesel. Based on your overall experience and if given a chance today, would you still go out and buy the Cruze? Had you tested the Civic before putting your money on the Cruze? I am a bit concerned about the overall build quality of the interiors of the Cruze.

About the Aux in on the Cruze. Can you please post a picture of the connectors there?

There are 2 whites in the Cruze. What does GM call the white that is pearlish?

I am sitting pretty with my money in my pocket but it seems that GM does not want to sell a car to me. I contacted them on Saturday and the only response I have got from them was a phone call from Gurgaon to confirm whether I was indeed interested in the vehicle. Nothing after that! The Honda dealership (though from another city) has already set a date for the test drive and I already have their quotation. If the GM dealership does not show any interest in the next 2 days, I will simply go ahead and put my money on the Civic once I do the test drive. Pity though! I really wanted to compare the Cruze with the Civic before deciding, but I cannot force GM or its dealership to sell me a car!
Old 8th September 2010, 17:34   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post

can you shed more light on the tuning box? would appreciate if you can forward the link. Thanks.
Old 8th September 2010, 17:36   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Sumit, It would be interesting to see Sameer's response. I am keenly waiting for the same.

Btw, the pearlish white is called " Diamond White" and it costs Rs.10K more.
Old 8th September 2010, 17:39   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Sumit, It would be interesting to see Sameer's response. I am keenly waiting for the same.

Btw, the pearlish white is called " Diamond White" and it costs Rs.10K more.
I hope he responds soon. Also, I put the same question to you. Will you reconsider your decision to buy the Cruze if given an option today?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks