Team-BHP - Chevrolet Cruze LTZ - Ownership Report EDIT: SOLD after 115000 km!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Chevrolet Cruze LTZ - Ownership Report EDIT: SOLD after 115000 km! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/73709-chevrolet-cruze-ltz-ownership-report-edit-sold-after-115000-km-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by prateekm (Post 1685471)
You shouldn't have done this during the run-in period. I know we can't control it but it's strictly not advised.

Awesome car. One question though. When you praised so many features, did you look at Laura L&K which has more features but is a bit more expensive.

Laura L&K costs a good 4-5 Lacs more than the Cruze. i did not consider it precisely for that reason and I did not want to buy a Skoda again as mentioned in my earlier posts. The Laura is a very good car and a segment leader.

I am happy with what I got by paying 14L for the Cruze. Its total VFM.

Yeah I overlooked the fact about the run-in period!

Thats wicked Sameer. Taking pics while driving at 200!!! :p

Congrats on the beast and kudos to the effort with the review. Very nicely put across and in detail too.

The tyres and alloys totally rock. Here's to a safe and long ownership of the cruze.

By the way - with 5000 km on the odo in 32 days of ownership, do u take out an emi on your fuel bills??? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameer sultan (Post 1685495)
Yeah I overlooked the fact about the run-in period!

Dont you worry. You have run-in the motoman way! clap:

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

Disclaimer : I am neutral regarding the motoman way of running in :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mubeen (Post 1685504)
Thats wicked Sameer. Taking pics while driving at 200!!! :p

Congrats on the beast and kudos to the effort with the review. Very nicely put across and in detail too.

The tyres and alloys totally rock. Here's to a safe and long ownership of the cruze.

By the way - with 5000 km on the odo in 32 days of ownership, do u take out an emi on your fuel bills??? :D

Thanks a Ton Mubeen. Nice words those. I am content in paying the car EMI :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIV3R (Post 1685527)
Dont you worry. You have run-in the motoman way! clap:

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

Disclaimer : I am neutral regarding the motoman way of running in :p

LOL . i had no idea when i did that. Informative article though...

nice review .
all the goodies apart the main place this car fail's is the quality of the interiors and the rear seat space is pathetic.
its like the comfort of a city at the price of a civic.
nevertheless the exteriors are very neat.

wow nice review. belated congrats on the car. Do keep posting more updates as you go along. Wishing you many more miles with the rocket...

and yes, the alloys are awesome. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaydas (Post 1685591)
nice review .
all the goodies apart the main place this car fail's is the quality of the interiors and the rear seat space is pathetic.
its like the comfort of a city at the price of a civic.
nevertheless the exteriors are very neat.

thanks vinaydas. its a surprise why the rear space is less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilmabraham (Post 1685598)
wow nice review. belated congrats on the car. Do keep posting more updates as you go along. Wishing you many more miles with the rocket...

and yes, the alloys are awesome. :)

thank you basilmabrabham. yeah i sure will.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameer sultan (Post 1685367)
After upsizing the tires to 225/45 R17 and the Alloys I felt a slight wobble/vibration in the steering between 140KMPH-150KMPH. Consulted the tire guy and he said there is air passing thro the centre of the Alloys as there is a gap in the centre diameter where the Alloys fits to the wheel of the car,as this alloy is universal for all cars and not exclusive for Cruze. Hence he suggested me to put centering rings which will reduce the wobbling. I got it fitted and the wobble is reduced though not completely gone like it was in the OE drive.

Didn't understand. gap between the alloy and the hub??
could you show a picture of the centering rings you are talking about?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 1685985)
Didn't understand. gap between the alloy and the hub??
could you show a picture of the centering rings you are talking about?

The GM cars have a diff pcd compared to the other cars here. Shops usually keep the sizes which sell the most. As GM and Fiat have odd pcd values the shops don't keep alloys for them in stock.

So what has happened here is that the shop guy has most probably put some adapter ring to use the wrong pcd alloys on the Cruze.

Rudra had to wait a month for his alloys to arrive as the pcd was not available.

What PCD is it? I dont think this was a PCD problem. I think it's an offset problem. The Cruze has 114.3PCD which is quite normal and common. The Civic has this and so do many other cars.

The problem is with the offset. Even the old Corsa and Astra had a wierd offset.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1686036)
What PCD is it? I dont think this was a PCD problem. I think it's an offset problem. The Cruze has 114.3PCD which is quite normal and common. The Civic has this and so do many other cars.

The problem is with the offset. Even the old Corsa and Astra had a wierd offset.

Hmmm, then it must be with the offset and not pcd. They probably added a spacer.

How about the Optra? That has a diff pcd or same?

I think that is also 114.3PCD. Not sure about the offset. Being a Chevy, I'm prepared to take a guess that it's some wierd-*** offset!

forgot to mention , wicked set of wheels!! and the jet black tints go very well with a black car.