Team-BHP - Chevrolet Cruze LTZ - Ownership Report EDIT: SOLD after 115000 km!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Chevrolet Cruze LTZ - Ownership Report EDIT: SOLD after 115000 km! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/73709-chevrolet-cruze-ltz-ownership-report-edit-sold-after-115000-km-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 1687588)
Boy, with speeds like these, you could cross the country within a couple of days if you wanted to. This is a serious missile on the roads. Have you taken her on a ride on state highways/bad roads/potholed roads etc to check the GC and the ride quality?

And yes, do accept my wishes on purchasing a truly fast and great looking car.:thumbs up

Hey thanks devdath. Yes the Cruze is truly a fast car. I just drove once in the country side where the roads were realy bad, in fact non existant. The GC is pretty good. This was in the OE tires. If driven carefully in slow speed on bad/potholed roads the bottom does not scrape. I havent driven the car in bad roads after up sizing the tires.

As mentioned earlier after changing to the low profile 17" tires the ride quality has come down from what it was in the OE.

Sweet ride buddy! I love black cars! And the alloys..whoa! Awesome looking wheels.

Meanwhile, check the links in this thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartman (Post 1687822)
Sweet ride buddy! I love black cars! And the alloys..whoa! Awesome looking wheels.

Meanwhile, check the links in this thread

Hey thanks cartman. I too love black cars and thanks for the mod link.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameer sultan (Post 1685367)
This an emergency exit lock in the boot. By pulling it from inside the boot opens. This can be useful in an event of an accident and when all the doors and windows are jammed, the passenger can enter the boot by sliding the rear seats and can get out of the car by pulling this lock.

Well, this is a welcome feature, not sure if it was designed for the above safety purpose... My close relative had a Skoda Superb. When it was around 5 months OLD', they faced a problem. One fine day, they had to leave India and travelled to the airport with lots of luggage. On reaching the airport, the BOOT JUST wouldnt open!!! All tricks done, but the DAMN thing would not open and they Missed their Intl flight!!! Vinayak Skoda blore - came in next day to home, did something to open it and it worked (happily till now)... Bad incident to remember!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by svsantosh (Post 1687867)
Well, this is a welcome feature, not sure if it was designed for the above safety purpose... My close relative had a Skoda Superb. When it was around 5 months OLD', they faced a problem. One fine day, they had to leave India and travelled to the airport with lots of luggage. On reaching the airport, the BOOT JUST wouldnt open!!! All tricks done, but the DAMN thing would not open and they Missed their Intl flight!!! Vinayak Skoda blore - came in next day to home, did something to open it and it worked (happily till now)... Bad incident to remember!!

The person who gave a demo in Sundaram Motors explained that this safety lock is an emergency exit feature.

I think what happened there was the boot must have been overloaded or something might have got entangled to jam the lock. The new superb has split opening for the boot. If that superb had this option then your relative could have accessed the boot from the cabin by removing the rear tray.

IIRC, the boot release is for emergency in case of kidnapping, where the abducted party is dumped in the boot. Its required by law in US or something. Can't recall the exact ruling

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1688061)
IIRC, the boot release is for emergency in case of kidnapping, where the abducted party is dumped in the boot. Its required by law in US or something. Can't recall the exact ruling

the tsk has responded to my thread!! Your review was instrumental in me deciding on the Cruze. I m loving every bit of my decision. Thanks a ton!!

Fantastic Car & Review,

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1688061)

he..he...I guess that's an advantage as well but the primary reason is when kids playing with cars lock themselves into the trunk and have led to tragic endings in many real life cases.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 (Post 1688760)
Fantastic Car & Review,

thank you rajatsingh.

awesome report sameer sultan. Feels great to read the report and the driving experience which you've elaborated so well. I've booked the black cruze LTZ as well and getting the delivery on 24th of this month Cant wait to lay my hands on the black beauty.
Few Questions:
1. Are you sure that the storage compartment on the dashboard is cooled.
2. Have you timed the car for 0-100
3. How's the front seat comfort during the long drives

congratulations once again for the black beauty. Wish you and your car many many miles of happiness and driving pleasure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameer sultan (Post 1687846)
Hey thanks cartman. I too love black cars and thanks for the mod link.

My pleasure buddy. :)

Oh btw, I saw a white Cruze with a spoiler. Low and wide. Looked hot! Zoomed past my rickshaw in no time!

Of similar shape as the pic attached..

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashish22 (Post 1689872)
awesome report sameer sultan. Feels great to read the report and the driving experience which you've elaborated so well. I've booked the black cruze LTZ as well and getting the delivery on 24th of this month Cant wait to lay my hands on the black beauty.
Few Questions:
1. Are you sure that the storage compartment on the dashboard is cooled.
2. Have you timed the car for 0-100
3. How's the front seat comfort during the long drives

congratulations once again for the black beauty. Wish you and your car many many miles of happiness and driving pleasure.

Hey Ashish many congrats for ur Cruze. I can understand It will be very difficult for you to wait till 24th!!I went thro the same as i waited for 1.5 months before I got the delivery. Dint you consider the auto transmission Cruze? I miss the auto gear in long drives. Also in bumper to bumper traffic AT will be very convenient. If the Cruze AT was available in October when I booked it, I would hv certainly opted for it. Overall no regrets as such.

1) There is a small storage compartment on top of the dash board. Only that is cooled.

2) No I havent timed it. But I m sure its in abt 11.30secs!!!

3) The front seat comfort is awesome. Trust me. Its the best place inside the Cruze. The seat just wraps around your back giving you maximum comfort in long drives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartman (Post 1690276)
My pleasure buddy. :)

Oh btw, I saw a white Cruze with a spoiler. Low and wide. Looked hot! Zoomed past my rickshaw in no time!

Of similar shape as the pic attached..

Super spoiler. In Chennai accs for Cruze are not available yet. Dont remind me abt the white Cruze. Its the best color in the Cruze and I was very unlucky to have missed out on that. I shall elaborate about it in my future posts.

Apart from AT, is there anything which Cruze Automatic boasts of (when compared with Manual LTZ variant?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone (Post 1690635)
Apart from AT, is there anything which Cruze Automatic boasts of (when compared with Manual LTZ variant?)

no idea as the dealership in Chennai have not received the AT Cruze. It costs 110000 more than the manual ltz