Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2010, 10:32   #46
Team-BHP Support

What fantastic pics imp!. Absolutely lovely.

The leather looks soft and fluffy even in the pics.

Congrats.
Old 23rd January 2010, 10:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

Great pics, imp!

with vid6639, one can almost feel the leather in the pics.

Are there any AC rear vents under the front passenger seat? Or only the ones as shown in the photo?

Does the rear seat center armrest hang down loosily or holds stiff horizontal position?

Rear fog light - is that the red colored one on the rear bumper? Or is that a reflector?

Is there a dead pedal, next to the clutch?

Some snaps of the boot also, please.
Old 23rd January 2010, 11:02   #48
BHPian

Real nice pics. The leather seats look so comfy, like you could just sink into them!!

Wish I had your tenacity when it comes to taking pictures.
Old 23rd January 2010, 11:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant pictures Imp !!!! Makes the car look even better :-) Off Topic : Which camera are you using ??

Cheers
Old 23rd January 2010, 11:25   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Awesome pictures there imp!

Is it true that the beige colour is not available for the Tsi? Other than the alloys/tyres, leather, tints..have you put any other accessories?

Hi Robi,

I dunno who gave you that information, after people complained about the black interiors of the Octavias, Skoda switched to beige interiors exclusively. The stock fabric is very good, but it just doesn't do justice to the cars.
I put side scruff plates. I got them for approx Rs 1500, dealer quote was significantly higher than that. I am trying to get exhaust tips, but will only do so if I can get a goodish discount from dealer.

cheers!
imp!
Old 23rd January 2010, 11:35   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Great pics, imp!

with vid6639, one can almost feel the leather in the pics.

Are there any AC rear vents under the front passenger seat? Or only the ones as shown in the photo?

Does the rear seat center armrest hang down loosily or holds stiff horizontal position?

Rear fog light - is that the red colored one on the rear bumper? Or is that a reflector?

Is there a dead pedal, next to the clutch?

Some snaps of the boot also, please.

Thanks for the compliments mate.

1) Do you mean AC vents under front seat like the Civic has? If so, then nope, the Laura doesn't have them.

2) The rear armrest is stiff in horizontal position. It actually is very well positioned and comfortable. I personally don't like the angle of the rear seats, but my parents love them.

3) I'll have to get back to you about the rear fog light, can't remember.

4) No dead pedal :-( I wonder if I can get an after market one? considering the amount of engineering gone into this car, this is an unforgivable mistake. There is a clip on the front windshield for parking tickets, but no dead pedal !

I'll take snaps of the mini-flat when I get home tonight :-)
Old 23rd January 2010, 11:38   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubeen View Post
Real nice pics. The leather seats look so comfy, like you could just sink into them!!

Wish I had your tenacity when it comes to taking pictures.
Thanks for your kind compliments Mubeen, one of the reasons we went for the Leather was because it was so comfortable.
About the pictures, the two loves of my life are cars and photography, however I still haven't learnt to combine them very well :-)
Old 23rd January 2010, 11:42   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Brilliant pictures Imp !!!! Makes the car look even better :-) Off Topic : Which camera are you using ??

Cheers
Hiya Ricky,

Thanks man, but I don't even begin to do the car justice !! maybe once I learn more about how to shoot cars
I use an Olympus E3, the picture were taken with a 12-60 mm lens. Your avatar picture looks strangely familiar, did you take it? I think I came across it several months ago. If you are interested in photography (if you took that picture then you know way more than I do); feel free to pm me. I'd be happy to talk to you about my views on the subject.

imp!
Old 23rd January 2010, 11:50   #54
Senior - BHPian

nice pics mate.
i have seen a similar TSI the other day around 10 30 on the airport road with a temp reg sticker.
by any chance was it you?

Last edited by vinaydas : 23rd January 2010 at 11:54.
Old 23rd January 2010, 13:58   #55
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful photos, your Laura is a real stunner!

How I wish the interiors were of black leather though!

cheers
Old 23rd January 2010, 15:34   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Beautiful photos, your Laura is a real stunner!

How I wish the interiors were of black leather though!

cheers

I too love silver and black combinations, however the cars interiors are not aesthetically permissive of black leather. I think this is a good thing in India, because black is a heat sink and the AirCon in this car is not particularly powerful :-)

(although, if the carpeting was black, I would have gone with black leather in a heart beat)
Old 23rd January 2010, 15:43   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Hi Robi,

I dunno who gave you that information, after people complained about the black interiors of the Octavias, Skoda switched to beige interiors exclusively. The stock fabric is very good, but it just doesn't do justice to the cars.
I put side scruff plates. I got them for approx Rs 1500, dealer quote was significantly higher than that. I am trying to get exhaust tips, but will only do so if I can get a goodish discount from dealer.

cheers!
imp!
Thanks for the info. I didn't mean beige interiors rather I was talking about the "cappuccino beige" exterior colour. I have never seen a TSI in that colour.
Old 23rd January 2010, 16:33   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Thanks for the info. I didn't mean beige interiors rather I was talking about the "cappuccino beige" exterior colour. I have never seen a TSI in that colour.
It is an available colour, but come to think of it, I have never seen one either.
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:44   #59
BHPian

super pics mate. The laura embossed on the headlamp looks awesome. What is the real time mileage you getting?
Old 23rd January 2010, 23:00   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post

3) I'll have to get back to you about the rear fog light, can't remember.

4) No dead pedal :-( I wonder if I can get an after market one? considering the amount of engineering gone into this car, this is an unforgivable mistake.
Laura has a nice foot rest for the left. One for the right too(useful when you stop at a traffic light ). Both have anti slip surface . Not sure why think thats not good enough

There a rear fog lamp ( the right rear one as a BHPian corrected when I was about to complain about a non working left rear fog lamp).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed