Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 20:28   #16
BHPian

snake_eyez, have you considered SBI. I know the process can take a little longer , but once you are through with that it's really trouble free and as far as I know they don't have any pre-closure penalties.

Moreover , correct me if I am wrong , they have special offers for TATA-FIAT cars and on an average you can get 9% interest rate from SBI.

Hope this helps.
Old 20th January 2010, 20:46   #17
J.Ravi

Congratulations and best wishes, snake_eyez, on the verge of becoming proud owner of priceless Punto.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 20th January 2010 at 20:48.

Old 20th January 2010, 21:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake_eyez View Post
Ok guys,now to get down to the number crunching. I need to finalise the financing option for the car. I'am getting the car for 6.15 OTR. I'am planning to pay 2L down payment (Booking amount was Rs.25,000) and finance the rest.

In any circumstance I don't want cross an EMI of Rs.9,000 a month.

The guys at Sanya are offering me from thier finance guys (havent specified which one they have a tie up with) a 10.5% rate on a loan of 4 L.

Please give me ur opinion on this....

Thanks....
Hi Snake_eyes ,

congrats for the RED Beauty . One of Members ( SIDINDICA) has also bought the punto from a delaer in Ghaziabad and took loan of 5 lakhs from SBI at 9% interest rate ( Pls PM him for details) . They may look like harassing you while sanctioning the loan initially , but it's a complete peace for future and it's other way round for Pvt banks, choice is your's ..

By the way Do Post Pics of the beauty Once you have the delivery of beauty.
Old 20th January 2010, 21:44   #19
BHPian

Snake_eyez, please check SBI although it may take long time but the rate of interest is lower than 10.5% which your getting from the showroom guys.

- For a loan amount of Rs 4,00,000/-
- Loan Tenor of 60 months.
- Rate of Interest 10.5% 10.00% 9.50% 9.00
- EMI would be Rs 8597.56/- Rs 8498.82/- Rs 8400.74/- & Rs 8303.34/- Respectively.

Which is very much within your budget of Rs 9,000/- pm
Old 20th January 2010, 21:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake_eyez View Post
Ok guys,now to get down to the number crunching. I need to finalise the financing option for the car. I'am getting the car for 6.15 OTR. I'am planning to pay 2L down payment (Booking amount was Rs.25,000) and finance the rest.

In any circumstance I don't want cross an EMI of Rs.9,000 a month.

The guys at Sanya are offering me from thier finance guys (havent specified which one they have a tie up with) a 10.5% rate on a loan of 4 L.

Please give me ur opinion on this....

Thanks....
Hi Snake eyez,

Why dont you try Nationalized banks like SBI, SBH & Canara Banks, they can offer you EMI at 8% for first year, 9% for second year & 9.5 for 3rd..

Regards,
Vaidyanathan S.
Old 20th January 2010, 22:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

IMO 10.5% is on higher side!!
Check out with Axis or HDFC Bank, you should be able to get it @ 9.25%-9.5% max.
Old 20th January 2010, 22:10   #22
BHPian

as everyone said SBI will be good.But it takes time.
If you have HDFC account,i think you are gonna get 9%,if you don't have you can get at 9.5. But it gets approved in 2 days
Old 21st January 2010, 00:23   #23

$

Wow! Thanks for ALL the input guys. Will definitely seriously consider SBI. Hopefully will decide by the weekend as I have a packed schedule. Will keep you guys posted.

Cheers!
Old 21st January 2010, 06:55   #24
BHPian

I got a loan from Vijaya Bank (Nationalized) for my punto. They are charging 9% interest for two years and it's a depreciation rate of interest.
Old 21st January 2010, 18:08   #25
BHPian

another petrol powered punto wohoo!! petrol power rocks

congratulations!
Old 21st January 2010, 20:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Monica Belucci in "Spanking Red" gown, thats what I think you should call your Punto
Nice metaphor!! Both Italians, both leave men drooling. And in red, need I say more.

Congrats on the ride by the way.
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:08   #27
BHPian

I'll suggest you to go with Tata Finanace if they are offering you 10% or so. They'll ask for a processing fee of 1500 ask for a waiver of that and your good to go. It'll be easier and mess free since its an in house thing. 8% 10% whatever it is, max you can save is 6-10K (shouldnt matter when you are buying a car for 6L). So what should matter is how hassel free the loan should be, You can go ahead with SBI only and only for following reasons:
1. If you have too much time on your hand or can wait reasonable time for the car.
2. If 10 15K matters to you.
3. If you will ever want to preclose your loan.
4. If you know someone from SBI who can process your loan faster.

Are you buying E or E+?

@SACHIN
you remind me of monica belluci...
Old 30th January 2010, 14:24   #28

Hey guys, sorry for the long delay again but I have been traveling extensively due to work and my last post was not loaded due *** language.

Ok,so I got my loan sanctioned, I finally went with Kotak Bank as they are already managing my portfolio for me. I got 9.75 % fixed for a period of five years.

The loand processing will be complete by mid this week and delivery is on Saturday. The car is finally 6.15 On Road with loan interest being separate.

Now I have a few more queries:

- Is it true that the 2010 model (the same as I have ordered) is better than the 2009 model. I've read in most posts that this has been a source for complaint and most ratings are very average...

- How do i get myself a nice Team-Bhp sticker???

- Please send me a link for the checklist to be complied with on purchase.

- How tough is the red color to look after in the long run?

- Please send me a link to nice seat covers for the Punto which may match the interior finish

I will keep you guys posted through the week. And I promise superb pics on the day of delivery itself.

Thanks !
Old 30th January 2010, 16:57   #29
BHPian

GTX,

This is really bad. It must be agonizing to watch one's hard earned money rusting like this. Hope Fiat gives you a replacement.

I was about to book a Punto MJD this week. Now, this thread has given me the jitters and I am confused now.

Fiat should really come out openly and give assurance to all existing and prospective customers.

Rusting is not a one-off issue anymore.
Old 30th January 2010, 17:04   #30
BHPian

Hi snake, go through these links

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...esthetics.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html

TBHP stickers here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-your-car.html

About seat covers, you will have to choose yourself what suits your taste.

Most Viewed