Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2010, 13:07   #46

~ SpAnK ~

Hey guys, well its been incredibly busy last two weeks, and I know since I got my car I havent really shared the excitement as I did at the time of booking, so here goes.

I've done about 1500 clicks on the odo, of which over 500 have been expressways (read DND - Noida Greater Noida) stretches. the car is handling awesome, mileage is a lil low at 9 but am sure its due to crawling traffic and will go down after 1 servicing. The only problem Iv had is with the speckling on the tinted windoow surfaces of my car. Its gotten worse and Iv been upset bout it. I even got the front tint removed. Overall Iam happy with the car and she handles like a breeze at speeds.

I woke up this morning and got down to cleaning,washing,polishing and detailing. two hours later thats how she looked...
Attached Thumbnails
Finally got Punto'd ! (Booked Emotion Pack - Red)-20100307_14.jpg  

Finally got Punto'd ! (Booked Emotion Pack - Red)-20100307_17.jpg  

Finally got Punto'd ! (Booked Emotion Pack - Red)-20100307_22.jpg  

Finally got Punto'd ! (Booked Emotion Pack - Red)-20100307_41.jpg  

Old 21st March 2010, 23:48   #47

Guys URGENT!

Hey guys,really needed advice, I got 2050 clicks on the odo and althought iv been dealing with heavy city traffic I was hoping to improve my mileage.

I'am gettin about 9 kmpl and I know it would take a few servicing but I really wanted to ask other fellow BHP'ians how much thier 1.4 Petrol is giving them. Please give me inputs. I have not been driving the car rev happy in traffic situations.

Btw yday was comin back on the expressway and decided to do one speed run. She was steady as a cat. No extra revving or strain on the car or driver. Heres a pic of the speedo... .

Cheers!

Last edited by GTO : 8th April 2018 at 23:12. Reason: No mention of illegally high speeds please
Old 25th March 2010, 14:13   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

The traffice conditions and the driving pattern does matter when mileage comes into picture. However 9 kmpl is on the lower side. Would you please give some details with respect to the traffic condition and the driving pattern.

However keep the revs b/w 2-3.5 rpm to get reasonable mileage out of the 1.4 FIRE engine.
Old 25th March 2010, 14:17   #49
J.Ravi

snake_eyez,

This is the mileage I got in Bangalore city driving with 4 occupants and ACC at 20 deg C:
Finally got Punto'd ! (Booked Emotion Pack - Red)-bangalore-fe.jpg
This is the maximum FE I got when I drove between Hosur and Krishnagiri on NH 7 with sedate driving, 4 occupants and ACC at 20 deg C:

Finally got Punto'd ! (Booked Emotion Pack - Red)-linea-fe-001.jpg
This is the FE I got during my Pune - Bangalore trip on 6/7 March 2010 with an average speed of 69 kmph, 4 occupants and 20 deg C:
Finally got Punto'd ! (Booked Emotion Pack - Red)-goa-maha-trip-22.jpg
Finally got Punto'd ! (Booked Emotion Pack - Red)-goa-maha-trip-23.jpg
You can test in Pune - Mumbai Expressway with sedate driving and find out the FE. I wish you all the best.

Old 25th March 2010, 14:25   #50

@ J. Ravi - Thanks for the pics, I guess after the first servicing it'd go up quite a bit !

@ Krishna - Thanks for the tip, Will keep the revs suggested in mind ...

P.S. - What do you guys think of the pics.... ?
Old 25th March 2010, 15:32   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

The red beauty looks great. Loved the 4th pic where the city is behind the Punto. Such contrasting designs by the way.

OT: Punto looks better in real than in pictures.
Old 25th March 2010, 15:47   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The red beauty looks great. Loved the 4th pic where the city is behind the Punto. Such contrasting designs by the way.

OT: Punto looks better in real than in pictures.
nkrishnap, I think that is snake's Altis not a City. You can clearly see the Toyota logo on the grille.
Old 25th March 2010, 15:54   #53
BHPian

Great waxing work snake. Pics are fabulous. I did never realize how well and smooth Punto can look after paint detailing. 1.4 is consciously tuned by Fiat to provide better mileage. Keeping a very gentle foot on accelerator and allowing the vehicle to gather momentum is lower revs is what is going to keep you best mileage. There will be instances where you will just want to rev hard and scoot, in such cases, 1.4 will stay with you, albeit returning poorer FE. In my case, by the time I touch 40kmph, I am in 5th gear and allow the momentum to build slowly. Instant Fuel Consumption on MID shows between 21 and 23kmpl in such cases. Hope this helps.
Old 25th March 2010, 16:03   #54
Senior - BHPian

I know I'm late but congrats. The looks alone are reason enough to fall in love with it. How about some interior pics as well?
Old 29th March 2010, 13:35   #55

Guys

@ Adit - Yup, its the Altis ... Dont like the colour too much though (champagne silver)

@ Nutsnbolts - Will definitely keep this in mind...

@ Mc Laren - Yes, the car sure looks nice,more pics including interiors soon...

I'am also considering getting better (black alloys) and getting the front grille painted black when the car warranty expires) and also putting in a K&N Air Filter.... Whats your opinion on this, it shall look like this... COnsiderin I Have the 4 door and not a coupe version, will it turn out to be well... Gawdy...?
Attached Thumbnails
Finally got Punto'd ! (Booked Emotion Pack - Red)-fiatgrandepuntofittedwith17inovitrapidblackandredalloywheels.jpg  

Old 29th March 2010, 14:27   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
nkrishnap, I think that is snake's Altis not a City. You can clearly see the Toyota logo on the grille.
Oh my god. An oversight Rechecked. It is indeed Altis.

By the way the two door version looks really hot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks