Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 12:55   #1
BHPian

2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered

Hey guys,

We finally got our first car delivered yesterday. Booked both the laura and superb in the month of December and our long wait has still not paid off :(

Our Laura was supposed to be delivered with the superb but on the day of delivery I get the shock of my life when skoda India representative who I spoke to on the phone tells me that the silver on the Laura petrol will have a waiting period of 2 months because of shortage of color at their plant.

This wasn't told to me at the time of booking nor were we intimated even before the day of delivery. We have only limited color options to choose from (Black,White and Artic breeze).

I will be getting to know today by 4 the status of Laura and the delivery lead time. Will keep the forum updated :(
Attached Thumbnails
2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered-img00068201001191807.jpg  

2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered-img00067201001191807.jpg  

2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered-img00066201001191806.jpg  

2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered-img00065201001191806.jpg  

2 Tamed beauties - Superb and Laura now delivered-img00070201001191807.jpg  

Old 20th January 2010, 13:30   #2
BHPian

The car looks really good, its one of my favorite cars in the world, its in my Top 5.
Which one is the, the Tdi?
Old 20th January 2010, 13:35   #3
BHPian

Is that a Superb V6? looks great. Congrats. Any specific reason for purchasing two cars from Skoda only !! perhaps you could've thought about Accord V6 along with a Laura or maybe Altis AT with a Superb.
Old 20th January 2010, 13:38   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

the Maroon Superb really looks wonderful!
incidentally Silver suits the Laura the best. Else, its got to be Black.
All the best!
Old 20th January 2010, 13:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations bro. From the thread title, I thought you had booked the Laura but they gave u a Superb instead (not a bad thing though).
Anyway, the Superb is a lovely car and I like the color too. Sad to know that they messed up delivering both at the same time. Skoda seems to be improving their service but i guess these things do take a while, especially when rising from the pits.
We all do appreciate Skoda for trying.

Wish you get your Laura soon too. Meanwhile, have fun with the Superb and do give us
an ownership report with more pics.

Last edited by sammyboy : 20th January 2010 at 13:41.
Old 20th January 2010, 13:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy - the car needs some high quality pictures asap.

The Laura coming on Friday ? And if not silver - WHITE is the color.
Old 20th January 2010, 13:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nice one! In a way it's good, no? You can drive and enjoy this one completely and then later play with the laura!

Looking forward to a detailed review and some more photos.

cheers
Old 20th January 2010, 13:47   #8
BHPian

Update

Thanks folks.. The superb (now delivered )and laura (awaiting soon) both are petrol variants. Both share the same heart one a 7 speed and the other a 6 speed.

Laura not only in silver but in black too seems to have a waiting period now. Only white is there for ready delivery.

I would not mind opting in for a black if they can give me delivery soon only because, My custom designed Stanley seat covers are already ready which would have looked great in the silver but would now only suit the black exterior. Also 17" Alloys have been booked..

I don't want to compromise by fitting all in a white vehicle which the company claims to have ready for delivery :(
Old 20th January 2010, 14:02   #9
BHPian

Congrats. Two fantastic cars there !

Mind sharing the thought process going behind these purchases (why only these) and why not some other alternatives ?
Old 20th January 2010, 14:10   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Is that a Superb V6? .
its a normal 1.8tsi superb like hvishwanathan has mentioned. the superb v6 has quad exhausts.
Old 20th January 2010, 14:16   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Congrats. Two fantastic cars there !

Mind sharing the thought process going behind these purchases (why only these) and why not some other alternatives ?
Dear Friend,

Here is where it all started
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...12-16lacs.html

Has taken couple of months of good thinking, speaking with our own bhpians and knowing about the bad after sales service still dared to go ahead with these amazing beauties only because in this case the heart had taken over the mind.

Wanted only petrol engines and manual transmission.. Hmmm in case of superb its an exception because the auto DSG and adaptive headlights was something that really kept us wanting this beauty after the TD.
Old 20th January 2010, 14:18   #12
BHPian

whattttttttttaaaaaaaa car... its really hot ! the maroon on superb is an absolute stunner, the dash finish is excellent, awesome car, the excitement of the superb will hopefully help you forget the laura delay and IMO black Laura would be worth waiting rather than the silver (if you are not superstitious about black), a black laura has way more potential for external mods than any other colour

btw many congratulations !
Old 20th January 2010, 14:21   #13
BHPian

Congratulations on Superb, and hope you lay your hand on Laura soon.

Indeed, lovely machines and you will have the pleasure of driving the similar engine with both DSG and Manual tranmission, assuming your Superb is not V6.

Have a great time with the two cars, and all the best.

Cheers,
Old 20th January 2010, 14:33   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartho View Post
whattttttttttaaaaaaaa car... its really hot ! the maroon on superb is an absolute stunner, the dash finish is excellent, awesome car, the excitement of the superb will hopefully help you forget the laura delay and IMO black Laura would be worth waiting rather than the silver (if you are not superstitious about black), a black laura has way more potential for external mods than any other colour

btw many congratulations !

Black is what I might finally get .. There is a shortage of Black across dealers and silver is impossible to source. So keeping my fingers crossed. If its black then I will have 2 black beauties in my garage including my hot rider -alto (view my gallery for more pics).
Old 20th January 2010, 14:47   #15
BHPian

you love your cars dont you..... i dint expect an alto to be loaded so much, it looks really nice in those black tints and the killer alloys and those speakers... wow !!! looks like you have a car in every size and every color in your garage

looking at just two of your beauties i am already sure i can even live in your garage

Nice cars ! enjoy !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks