Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2010, 01:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Shan2nu: Nothing more than the ones you've mentioned (filter and exhaust). Not sure if using Mobil1 plays a part in this (in bumping up the power), I guess not, but experts can comment?!
Yup, synth oil will give you slight gains in power due to lowered frictional resistance.

But 106WHP with just filter and exhaust is too good.

I'm getting my ECU and HKS filter done next month. Really excited about it, after reading the dyno results.

Ofcourse, Hubli is 2200ft above sea level so the power here will be around 5-6% lower than at the coast.

Shan2nu
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Yup, synth oil will give you slight gains in power due to lowered frictional resistance.

But 106WHP with just filter and exhaust is too good.

I'm getting my ECU and HKS filter done next month. Really excited about it, after reading the dyno results.

Ofcourse, Hubli is 2200ft above sea level so the power here will be around 5-6% lower than at the coast.

Shan2nu
Add STP - 4-Cylinder Oil Treatment and see it go up further
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:42   #48
Senior - BHPian

Is STP similar to bardahl? I've seen many using it.

BTW, my car has been running on stock oil since day one.

Shan2nu
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:05   #49
Senior - BHPian

any luck on the dyno chart/report??
Old 2nd March 2010, 15:12   #50
BHPian

Considering its running 16" tyres, 106WHP is very good & i am sure if you test it out with 15" tyres it will show much better results, would love to see the torque curve of dyno graph.
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:09   #51
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, Full dyno report coming up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
BTW, what mods does this car have apart from, filter and exhaust system?
Umm, nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Coming to the overheating issue, did have a good look into the engine bay after I came back home, but couldn't see anything of the sort you've mentioned. Infact, have been driving around the city (with an eye on it) without any issues over the last couple of days, since the test day. Will wait for another occurance and then get it checked.
Open the radiator (when cold). Either its ran dry of coolant or your cooling fan is not working.
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:39   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Considering its running 16" tyres, 106WHP is very good & i am sure if you test it out with 15" tyres it will show much better results, would love to see the torque curve of dyno graph.
I recall the same being mentioned at the test! Failed to understand why would it make a difference (assuming that the overall diameter of the wheel hasn't changed from stock, GTO can confirm this)?!

I am definitely changing over to 15 inchers or maybe the stock VTEC wheels (if I can get hold of a set) once the present set (tyres) are worn out.
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:18   #53
BHPian

Congrats AVinash on getting the vTEC and that too a well maintained one. Enjoy revving her!!!
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:11   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I recall the same being mentioned at the test! Failed to understand why would it make a difference (assuming that the overall diameter of the wheel hasn't changed from stock, GTO can confirm this)?!
Yup, even im wondering how a 16" wheel can affect power if the overall diameter is the same as stock. And the weight should also reduce with bigger wheels.

I remember the wheel/tyre weight thread which i had started a few years ago. I weighed my 195/60R14 G3 on stock vtec alloys at 15Kgs each where as Iceman who was running 205/50R15 on his Baleno weighed in his setup at 13kgs each.

2kg diff in rotational mass (per wheel) is huge in terms of performance. So a bigger wheel with the same overall diameter should technically help the engine put down more power to the ground.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...yre-combo.html

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 3rd March 2010 at 14:12.
Old 4th March 2010, 18:24   #55
BHPian

Not sure of this. It must not show any difference in power output. The torque characteristics may vary with change in tyre radius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Old 10th March 2010, 08:48   #56
BHPian

Congrats Avinash on getting that beauty !
How i wish i was in Mumbai and could have beaten you in getting that beauty. I used to check out the ad in the classifieds just to see that beauty again and again. Even my wife likes how the vehicle looks and now wants me to change our car into the same colour.
Enjoy !
Envy envy and a lot of envy coming your way..he he.
Old 10th March 2010, 12:25   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hey avi have you got the Dyno report??
Old 10th March 2010, 12:28   #58
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...true-test.html

There you go. :-)
Old 7th April 2010, 14:36   #59
BHPian

GTO I have passed your car parked in front of your office daily since last two years, wonder what i would have done had i regularry checked the classified !! My better half has taken over the S10, at best am a passanger if not a spectator !!!

Avinash i gusss i have seen this car paked sans the alloys some where in fort area ??
Old 8th April 2010, 12:40   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
Avinash i gusss i have seen this car paked sans the alloys some where in fort area ??
Tell me this isn't true, Avinash. You know how I much I screened the market before choosing them? Those wheels really make (now made?) the car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed