Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:24   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Entire clutch replacement costs Rs.9k...thought that would be around 6k. Not sure how much would be the costs for Baleno. Even mine is getting harder :(...is there anything called clutch overhauling (not lubrication of cables) where in that exercise making it bit softer
If I am not wrong, baleno's would be somewhat more coz the parts are hard to comeby. I guess clutch overhaul basically involves opening the X-mission, cleaning the housing, greasing the requisite springs as well as checking the clutch/pressure plates for their wear and tear. The release bearing would also be a part of that. Usually, it's opened only when there's a change required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Disadvantages of high mileage cars. Though this well maintained by GTO certain parts will start to show up due to its age...
That's correct! Thing is, I could have lived with the clutch for some more time but then I always knew it'd need a change soon. I am still living with the cracked windscreen but mechanical fitness is always my priority!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Tubeless tyre puncture repair takes Rs. 100/- per puncture, as against Rs. 30-40 for tube-types.

I have (without knowing) ridden on tubeless tyres which had nails (though not five) lodged in them for quite some weeks before they were detected, removed and the puncture filled. Never had to worry about the tyres.

I have always used tyres with stock specifications (and on stock, steel rims) and have stuck to the recommended tyre pressure and haven't had any problem with tubeless tyres even after punctures.

Since you have had about five punctures taken off the tyre at the same time, I would suggest swapping it with the spare tyre.
As of now, it's holding good, have been driving on it for quite sometime now. Changing back to stock specification (rims atleast) is definitely on the cards but I might have some issue procuring them.Anyways, will wait till the present set lasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Thanx avinash for the input.

Well i saw your pm very late and couldn't help, sorry about that.

Actually i was on a long road trip (9k kms)
No problem at all! I'd guessed it. So where-to this time?
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:47   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
If I am not wrong, baleno's would be somewhat more coz the parts are hard to comeby. I guess clutch overhaul basically involves opening the X-mission, cleaning the housing, greasing the requisite springs as well as checking the clutch/pressure plates for their wear and tear. The release bearing would also be a part of that. Usually, it's opened only when there's a change required.
IIRC, a clutch replacement job for my Baleno cost around 3.5 to 4K a couple of years back. Though can't recall now whether the cable was changed. Lubricants were not part of that cost.
Old 29th June 2010, 14:56   #78
BHPian

Mods: Please close this thread..

Thanks,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed